Print Thread
#137248 04/05/14 01:22 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Folks,

As many of you know Superman and Wonder Woman are dating in the new 52 comics \'verse

This is of course something we would never see in a L&C 'Verse. On the other hand rumors that Superman is dating Wonder Woman or Black Canary might well make it into various magazines and newspapers.

Here is a link to several covers of the fictional Justice Magazine , billed on the cover as "Metropolis Bestselling Supermag"

Take a minute to look at these covers and if each interviewer asked the cover subject a few leading questions about their relationship with Superman.

Now picture Lois Lane's response, ......

[Linked Image]

Framework4
#137249 04/05/14 02:42 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois to Clark: I know you have to work with her in the League and Diana Prince is involved in the metahuman affairs joke of a department, but if I find you've been seen with her after hours... they will never find your body.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#137250 04/05/14 07:37 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The Wonder of it All has Clark and Lois interviewing Diana. The ending is a nice twist.

#137251 04/06/14 11:51 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by dcarson:
The Wonder of it All has Clark and Lois interviewing Diana. The ending is a nice twist.
Just read it. laugh

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#137252 04/06/14 03:21 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by dcarson:
sloppy angel-devil

#137253 04/07/14 03:30 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by ColleenMA:
I know we last saw them in the show still in the very early ages of their relationship, but I think it'll take a long time for Lois to be able to just blow off tabloid stuff about Superman - not that she doesn't trust Clark, but yeah, she can definitely start to feel a bit inadequate after a while! That that just gives Clark an excuse to remind her that as incredible as Wonder Woman or anyone else is, she's still better. sloppy angel-devil
Very true, especially as those same tabloids have gotten close to the truth one too many times.

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
#137254 04/07/14 06:46 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
Very true, especially as those same tabloids have gotten close to the truth one too many times.
What if Lois decided to view these false stories about Superman and Wonder Woman as a way to help keep Clark's true identity a secret? I couldn't see her actively encouraging Superman and Wonder Woman to spend time together. I also think a fun twist (not quite unlike the one Tank suggests in his above-referenced story) if WW tells Lois that *she* prefers a man who is weaker than herself, because then there is never any question who is in charge in their relationship. Who's to say that all superheros are well adjusted people? wink /cough, cough/ Batman* /cough/

*An example of a non-well adjusted hero, not as a physically weak male that WW could be attracted. ALTHOUGH, dizzy Too much Math!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#137255 04/07/14 08:26 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Christina:
[qb] I have no idea what a 7-sided shape would be called.
Heptagon

Framework4
#137256 04/07/14 11:56 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
If you were to take the "cover dating" as an idea a step further, you could have Wonder Woman involved with Steve Trevor a "civilian" (in superhero circles at least) and needs a little help. She approaches Lois for approval of the "public" relationship. She agrees (as long as there is no kissing involved. Clark, however is a little hesitant at first. Remember his experience with Zara and he probably mentally ships Superman with Ultra Woman (no surprise there). How they win him over is up to you.

#137257 04/08/14 03:47 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
If Superman is the "real person" and Clark is "the disguise," then Superman dating Wonder Woman makes perfect sense. (For an example of this, check out my story The Wonder of Love . Wonder Woman decides that Superman is her ideal mate. Zany hijinks ensue.)

But because in the L&C verse Clark is the "real person" and Superman is "the disguise," it won't happen. As long as "Clark Kent is who I am, Superman is what I do" is true, Lois Lane is the only woman for Clark.

He just has to remember not to smile at Lois when he's in The Suit or the paparazzi will invade their lives. Like Weird Al\'s "TMZ"

Writer's note: I originally intended to call my story "The Wonder Of It All" until one of my betas pointed out that Tank already had that title. Book and story titles can't be copyrighted, of course, but I changed mine to keep the gentle readers from mixing up the story lines.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#137258 04/08/14 07:06 AM
Kerth
Kerth
The Cat Tales Batman/Catwoman fanfic sequence has a minor subplot in some stories in which Lois is married to Clark and detests Diana because Diana won't deny the tabloid stories and rumours. This leads to some very awkward not-quite-confrontations at e.g. the bridal party before Barbara Gordon's wedding.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#137259 04/08/14 09:31 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
If Superman is the "real person" and Clark is "the disguise," then Superman dating Wonder Woman makes perfect sense. (For an example of this, check out my story The Wonder of Love . Wonder Woman decides that Superman is her ideal mate. Zany hijinks ensue.)
Zany hijinks? dizzy Oooookaaay. That's a new definition. wink

He just has to remember not to smile at Lois when he's in The Suit or the paparazzi will invade their lives. Like Weird Al\'s "TMZ"
Thank you for addicting my kids to Weird Al videos. Nothing has been accomplished this morning because of it. evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#137260 04/08/14 09:38 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Found a couple of amateur (I think) or at least non-DC Wonder Woman videos on line which might be interesting for this:

First Impressions

Wonder Woman // a short by Rainfall Films

Nothing about Superman in them, but by sheer chance I saw them earlier today on someone's blog.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard