Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#136926 11/03/13 09:25 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
We all love AUs, right? So how many ways can we turn left instead of right throughout the series.

The Goal is simple. Take one moment in the series and ask "What if X?" You can answer the last "what if" if you want to but it's not required.

Here's an example:

1) What if Deter had (somehow) found out that Clark was Superman? What then?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#136927 11/03/13 04:33 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
2. What if Trask hadn't been killed?

3. What if Clark hadn't retracted his declaration of love after Lois' almost wedding?

4. What if Lois hadn't said "no" to Luthor?

5. What if the Superman and Lois photo in SLV hadn't been faked/the original film not destroyed?

6. What if Mayson had lived after finding out Clark's secret during the car bombing?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#136928 11/03/13 06:06 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
7. What if the pheromone spray hadn't worn off Lois when Clark finally broke down and told her that if she wanted him, he was hers?

8. What if Lex hadn't died after finding out Clark's secret?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#136929 11/04/13 04:50 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
9) What if Luthor had succeeded in transferring his and Lois's souls to the other bodies?

10) What if they had ACTUALLY been married instead of the clones? Would they have had to deal with the curse?

11) What if Clark had known about the spacecraft the whole first season. Would the globe have attuned to him sooner?

12) What if Clark didn't get his powers back in time to save his parents in GGGoH?

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
#136930 11/04/13 05:02 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ohhh--I got one...

9. What if when Lois caught her first glimpse of Superman in the transport module she recognized that it was Clark?

Just after bomb is swallowed:
"Clark--how did you??? What are you doing here?--and what ARE you wearing?!?"
"Well, there goes the whole 'secret identity idea' "...(muttering under his breath)

Talk about a game-changer shock

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#136931 11/04/13 05:51 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
10. What if in All Shook Up when Lois said to Clark, "I mean I love you" she hadn't added to the statement "...like a brother." ? (A possible fast forward in their relationship somehow?...have to admit, I always groan when the 'brother' part comes up. Come on Lois, you know you love him! twins )

#136932 11/04/13 06:37 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
11. What if after removing Arianna Carlin's bullet, Superman didn't recover right away, and Dr. Carlin and Lois's lookalike got away?

12. What if Martha's hologram didn't work during Clark's press conference in Top Copy?

13(a). What if Lois instead of Clark was shot at TOGOM club?
13(b). What if Clark had been exposed to Kryptonite by a pendant that Bonnie wore, before being shot?

14. What if Clark had flown Lois off Spencer Spencer's island revealing himself as SM to the LFI publisher?

15. What if Jesse had never lost his powers? /COtOC/

16. What if Clark remained Mighty Mouse size after IASWAA? Would Zara still want to take him back to Krypton? peep

17. What if Lois really HAD been kidnapped by aliens in Contact?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136933 11/04/13 06:59 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
17a. What if Lois had been kidnapped by Zara and Ching? What about by Nor and his cronies?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136934 11/04/13 11:18 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
13(a). What if Lois instead of Clark was shot at TOGOM club?
13(b). What if Clark had been exposed to Kryptonite by a pendant that Bonnie wore, before being shot?
13 (c). What if Clark had NOT fallen asleep in the jeep at the end of TOGOM? And what is with that?--He doesn't NEED to sleep (technically) grumble

18. Speaking of inappropriate nap times...what if Lois had not fallen asleep in the scene when she is at Clark's apt in The Prankster? They had just had a 'moment' when she said she didn't want to die...what would have played out in their relationship if she hadn't VERY quickly decided on a nap?

19. What if Clark HAD pretended that he and Lois were having a moment of passion in the closet in IGACOY blush ? I wonder if attraction/feelings would have come to the surface a little sooner...

And to round out the relationship 'what if's?' (tend to focus mostly--if not almost solely--on L&C's relationship throughout the series smile )

20. What if Lois had decided to stay with Clark at the end of Fly Hard, instead of leaving for the hospital with Lex? Would that have taken some of the steam out of whatever Lex was building in their 'relationship' to hold off a bit on the proposal in the next episode, BATP?

Laura

#136935 11/05/13 12:21 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I'm just re-posting all to update the numbering.

1) What if Deter had (somehow) found out that Clark was Superman? What then?

2. What if Trask hadn't been killed?

3. What if Clark hadn't retracted his declaration of love after Lois' almost wedding?

5. What if the Superman and Lois photo in SLV hadn't been faked/the original film not destroyed?

6. What if Mayson had lived after finding out Clark's secret during the car bombing?

7. What if the pheromone spray hadn't worn off Lois when Clark finally broke down and told her that if she wanted him, he was hers?

8. What if Lex hadn't died after finding out Clark's secret?

9) What if Luthor had succeeded in transferring his and Lois's souls to the other bodies?

10) What if they had ACTUALLY been married instead of the clones? Would they have had to deal with the curse?

11) What if Clark had known about the spacecraft the whole first season. Would the globe have attuned to him sooner?

12) What if Clark didn't get his powers back in time to save his parents in GGGoH?

13)What if when Lois caught her first glimpse of Superman in the transport module she recognized that it was Clark?

14) What if in All Shook Up when Lois said to Clark, "I mean I love you" she hadn't added to the statement "...like a brother." ?

15. What if after removing Arianna Carlin's bullet, Superman didn't recover right away, and Dr. Carlin and Lois's lookalike got away?

16. What if Martha's hologram didn't work during Clark's press conference in Top Copy?

17(a). What if Lois instead of Clark was shot at TOGOM club?
17(b). What if Clark had been exposed to Kryptonite by a pendant that Bonnie wore, before being shot?

18. What if Clark had flown Lois off Spencer Spencer's island revealing himself as SM to the LFI publisher?

19. What if Jesse had never lost his powers? /COtOC/

20. What if Clark remained Mighty Mouse size after IASWAA? Would Zara still want to take him back to Krypton? [Peep]

21. What if Lois really HAD been kidnapped by aliens in Contact?

21a. What if Lois had been kidnapped by Zara and Ching? What about by Nor and his cronies?

17(c). What if Clark had NOT fallen asleep in the jeep at the end of TOGOM? And what is with that?--He doesn't NEED to sleep (technically) [Dizzy] ....and, of course, it's right as Lois has a little reality check about them. Argh.

22. Speaking of inappropriate nap times...what if Lois had not fallen asleep in the scene when she is at Clark's apt in The Prankster? They had just had a 'moment' when she said she didn't want to die...what would have played out in their relationship if she hadn't VERY quickly decided on a nap?

23. What if Clark HAD pretended that he and Lois were having a moment of passion in the closet in IGACOY [Embarrassed] ? I wonder if attraction/feelings would have come to the surface a little sooner...

24. What if Lois had decided to stay with Clark at the end of Fly Hard, instead of leaving for the hospital with Lex? Would that have taken some of the steam out of whatever Lex was building in their 'relationship' to hold off a bit on the proposal in the next episode, BATP?

#136936 11/05/13 09:15 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
25) What if Lois and Deter had actually made it to the south of France?

(Personally I would love to see a story to that effect but haven't found it)

26) What if Deter had made it to Tahiti? (Admittedly the story probably wouldn't be that different from the actual episode from that point if I remember correctly).

27) What if Lois had won the bachelor auction for Superman? (If you're wondering how she wins it, you could see my story, the sequel that addresses how the date goes is still in the works)

28) What if Lois had gotten her romance novel (the one with Clark and Kent) published?

#136937 11/05/13 02:29 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
29) What if Cat returned to the Planet after a stint of working at the San Francisco Chronicle?

30) What if Jack stayed, but only worked part-time at the Planet?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#136938 11/05/13 04:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nan Smith addressed this in Halloween . Let's just say that it didn't take long for married-Lois to discover what a fink Lex was.

BJ also did a fine fic on this theme, in Master of Disguise . It's got a great ending line.

Tee hee! You're not the first to have asked this, and it gives me an opportunity to recommend some of my favorite fanfics. This isn't exactly answering the question that was asked, but Nan Smith tells us in Pheromone and its sequel, The Newlywed Game , what might have happened if Superman were affected by the pheromone as well.

And since that is just a wonderful theme to think about, go ahead and read ML Thompson's Super Stud , where Lex Luthor connives with Miranda to mix some kryptonite with the pheromone so that Superman *will* be affected.

Go ahead and read Pam Jernigan's Just Like That and its sequel, Being Lois Lane . Then Dandello was attacked by a rabid plot bunny after reading these fics (as she said in her note) and penned Game, Set, Match on the same theme.

12. What if Martha's hologram didn't work during Clark's press conference in Top Copy?
I think ML Thompson used this as a plot thread in Blind (Super)Man\'s Bluff .

#136939 11/06/13 05:02 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
31. What if SuperClone hadn't died?

32. What if Lois' attempt to make Alt-Clark into Superman hadn't worked?

33. What if Lois hadn't gotten sick on their "almost first date?"

34. What if Lois and Clark hadn't had to be on a stakeout, and had gotten to go to the Pearl Jam concert?

35. What if Lois hadn't slammed the door in Clark's face after their real first date?

36. What if Lois hadn't had a concussion at the end of "Contact?" Would that have prevented Clark from breaking up with her for her own good?

37. What if Clark hadn't put Lois in her place by sending her off to find the Godzilla doll so he could get the story? Would she have continued to view him as a doormat?

38. What if there had been no cure for Superman's blindness?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136940 11/06/13 09:15 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
39. What if the carolers hadn't shown up right when Lois and Clark were having a 'moment' by the Christmas tree in Season's Greedings? (although the scene in the window IS pretty cute, I guess blush )

40. What if instead of staying with Jimmy in Return of the Prankster, Lois had instead stayed at Clark's? laugh (Hmm...I'm really liking this idea. Has a fanfic been written about this? ).

Laura

#136941 11/06/13 11:27 PM
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
41. What if Lois had found the globe in Strange Visitor?

Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
#136942 11/06/13 11:58 PM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by NostalgiaKick:
41. What if Lois had found the globe in Strange Visitor?

Feli
OOooohhh... That one just gave me a plot idea (not enough to be a bunny for me but the gestation of one)

I suspect it would begin to atune to Clark whenever he would hold it. The first time showing Krypton (there's no guarantee Lois'd put the coincidence of the image and Clark/Superman together). By the time the messages ended she'd figure it out though (especially given this comment in one of the messages by Jor-El:

We give you to Earth, to a realm called America, and a place called Kansas. Remember us, but do not regret our passing. All is fate.
Lois's response: I guess they DO make Kansas boys out of this world.

#136943 11/07/13 04:30 PM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
42) What if Jor-El had left with the New Kryptonians.
42a) What if Lara did? (or both did)

43) What if Clark hadn't been in the kryptonite cage? Would he have been at the wedding or ready to invade it with Henderson, Perry and company?

44) What if Clark had been officially lost in time in Lois and Clarks? What would Alt-Clark have done? What would Lois have done?

45) What if Lois and Clark had been stuck in the 1960s during "Tempus Fugitive?"

46) What if Clark had actually disappeared from Metropolis before Lois got to his apartment in "Whine, Whine, Whine?"

47) What if Clark had been able to Lois before he received the phone call at Lois's in "And the Answer is..."?

48) What if Clark told Dr. Friskin his identity in "Individual Responsibility?" (so she could more properly help him in his session).

#136944 11/07/13 07:01 PM
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
49. What if Lois hadn't been able to prove that Superman wasn't responsible for the heatwave in Man of Steel Bars?

Whatever passes for my muse is going crazy with all these what ifs lol.

Feli.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
#136945 11/07/13 07:34 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
46) What if Clark had actually disappeared from Metropolis before Lois got to his apartment in "Whine, Whine, Whine?"
46.(B) What if Clark had actually stayed disappeared after Superman was ostracized from Metropolis during the heat wave? (See #49)
46.(C) What if Luthor succeeded in scaring Clark into hanging up his cape for good in NeverEnding Battle? Would Clark have followed Superman out of Metropolis, or stayed for Lois? If Clark had stayed, would Superman have come back before or because of Nightfall?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard