Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#136946 11/07/13 08:58 PM
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
50. What if Lois wasn't the only woman chasing Clark in PML?

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
#136947 11/07/13 09:32 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
51. What if Sam Lane found out that Luthor was Menken's money man and that Luthor wanted the cyborgs for soldiers, and warned Lois away from Lex early on?

52. What if Lois kept one of Morris's invisibility suits?

53. What if Toni Taylor had told Clark that Luthor gave her the technology to set the fires on the West Side?

54. What if Linda King had been a mole at the Daily Planet instead of Clark going to the Met Star?

55.(a) What if Vatman had impersonated Clark?
55 (b) What if Vatman told Luthor about Clark?

56. What if Lois remembered that Superman had locked her in the magician's tank and filled it up with water?

57. What if Kyle Griffin (aka The Prankster) really did have a crush on Lois?

58. What if Clark had been exposed to Space Rats while Lois was exposed to Revenge?

59. What if Lois had laryngitis while Clark had been blind?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136948 11/07/13 11:23 PM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Originally posted by VirginiaR:

52. What if Lois kept one of Morris's invisibility suits?
Perfect! There's no way Lois would let one of those slip through her fingers without a fight.

Clark would finally catch a glimpse of it in Lois's locker at the Planet about five years later....

Shallowford
#136949 11/08/13 08:46 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
What if Clark remained Mighty Mouse size after IASWAA? Would Zara still want to take him back to Krypton?
clap

#136950 11/08/13 10:23 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
59. What if Lois had laryngitis while Clark had been blind?
This one got me laughing, too...could have been a very interesting episode laugh

60. What if in JSN, the thought of investigating the page in the book never came up, and they did instead decide to make up in a "room that's not musty and owned by a killer"? blush

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#136951 11/08/13 11:08 AM
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
61. What if Lex Luthor had blown Lois's cover in IGACOY?
62. What if the New Kryptonians had shown up *before* Clark became Superman?

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
#136952 11/08/13 07:14 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
63. What if they didn't figure out how the powers were transferred to Lois so Ultrawoman was permanent and Superman was gone?

#136953 11/11/13 07:07 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
64. What if, at the end of Tempus Fugitive, Clark hadn't gotten the card away from Lois and she had seen the 'Clark is Superman' note she had written to herself?

65. What if when on Lois and Clark's date, after the end of Individual Responsibility, Clark DID disappear at either 7:01, 7:02, 7:03, 7:04, or lastly, at 7:05? (LOVE that scene!)

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#136954 11/11/13 04:50 PM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by dcarson:
63. What if they didn't figure out how the powers were transferred to Lois so Ultrawoman was permanent and Superman was gone?
This is one I've always been curious about.

66) What if Clark's apartment had never been broken into. (admittedly it would have made for a pretty boring episode what with no secondary plot to move it forward.)

67) What if Lois had accepted Luthor's offer of living in her duplicated apartment?

68) What if Lois had been able to reach Clark on the phone in "All Shook Up?"

69) What if Lois had been able to get Clark on the phone at the end of "Metallo?"

70) What if Clark had actually shown Lois the evidence he had collected on Luthor?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#136955 11/11/13 04:51 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
71. What if, every time Clark's powers got transferred to someone, they degraded? (Think of how, every time you make a copy of a copy of a copy, the quality gets worse and worse.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#136956 11/11/13 06:40 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
71. What if, every time Clark's powers got transferred to someone, they degraded? (Think of how, every time you make a copy of a copy of a copy, the quality gets worse and worse.)
There is a fic on fanfiction.net called Rising Sun that is a crossover with Ranma 1/2 that has that as a premise. One of the Ranma characters (Kasumi) gets stabbed with a poisoned knife stopping an assassination attempt on the US president. When it is realized that there is no cure for the poison he orders one of Secret Service agents to save her. The agent grabs her and flies her out to sea into a thunderstorm and the lightning copies the agent's powers to her. The US has a program where some special forces and Secret Service agents get powers copied from people that accidentally got them from Superman. Luthor has moderate levels and escaped to Mexico where he sells powers. Lesser ones then he has of course.

AU based on Resplendent Man getting his powers copied by Luthor.

No one has powers that match Superman but the first generation copies are close.

#136957 11/12/13 05:27 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
72. What if UW had to save Earth from Nightfall, instead of Superman. What would have happened if she'd been found naked without any memories in a hole in Suicide Slum? eek

LEX: Of course, you live here in this bunker with me, darling. You're my wife.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136958 11/13/13 07:02 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
73) What if H.G. Wells had visited Lois and Clark much earlier about the soulmate curse?
73a) What if he had visited during season one?
73b) What if he had visited mid-season 2?
73c) What if he had visited just after Clark proposed? (beginning season 3)

74) What if H.G. Wells hadn't taken away the memories from "Tempus Fugitive"?

75) What if Dr. Friskin had been the one to help Lois and not Dr. Deter?

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
#136959 11/13/13 08:56 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, I'm jumping in here w/o a What If....

We have a lot. I know there's all sorts of fanfic (and nFic) out there with these what-ifs as plots, and IolantheAlias has listed several fics. Can we fill the rest in?

There are a few in here I'd love to read. I'm not an author, so I can't write them myself!!

grovel

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#136960 11/13/13 11:00 PM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I was thinking about that. Maybe if I posted this up as a "fanfic list" challenge of sorts. The thing is, I didn't know if a list of fics belongs here on the challenge section, the fanfic related section or just the Lois and Clark (ep) section.

What say you guys? Here or somewhere else? I know there's some what ifs here that don't have a related story (I don't think a handful of my Deter ones do for example) and I would love to see what people do with them.

Originally posted by Kismatt:
There are a few in here I'd love to read. I'm not an author, so I can't write them myself!!

grovel
Go ahead and post them. Who knows, maybe it will jiggle loose a story somewhere!

Wait, you meant you were intrigued by one (or more) of the what if's, right?

#136961 11/14/13 02:47 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
There are a few what-ifs that I *know* have been writtern as fanfics, that I would love to read. I just don't have the depth of familiarity that others do!

cool

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
#136962 11/24/13 06:22 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Two of my favorite stories are "what if".

What if when Lois told Superman she'd love him with no powers, Clark couldn't let that comment go?
If I Were You by Caroline K

What if the bullet that Clark was shot with in "That Old Gang of Mine" was made of Kryptonite?
Death in the City by Dandello

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
#136963 11/25/13 02:25 AM
Columnist
Columnist
41. What if Lois had found the globe in Strange Visitor?

I actually used this in my story 'In Cat's Corner'.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
#136964 11/25/13 11:36 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What if, in The Rival, Lois happened to look up when Clark was hiding on the ceiling? BTW, I've never seen any fanfic with this premise. Does anyone know of any such? If so, I'd love to read it.

Joy,
Lynn

#136965 11/25/13 03:46 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
79? Cat lets her inner exhibitionist out earlier and marries Arthur Chow. When Luthor goes after him/her she calls on Lois & Clark for help.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard