Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#136856 10/25/13 10:29 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
49. How does Clark cut his hair? We know he uses heat vision and a mirror to sear away his stubble, but hair cutting is a different matter! And we know his hair is indestructible...Jesse's was in COTOC.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#136857 10/25/13 11:12 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
35. What happened to Lex's puppy?
Yet another brain fog--Lex had a puppy? shock Can't remember a puppy--but quite curious...

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#136858 10/25/13 11:39 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by LMA:
35. What happened to Lex's puppy?
Yet another brain fog--Lex had a puppy? shock Can't remember a puppy--but quite curious...
In Requiem for a Superhero, I believe, you see Lex talking to someone about how much he hates to kill people (or maybe it was Smart Kids?), but he's really talking to his dog. I know we had a discussion about the dog recently (within the last two years), because I think I asked people for suggestions on what to name him and someone supplied a picture. I finally chose Xerxes for his name as I knew how much Lex liked the letter 'X'. I just took a look for the link, but couldn't find it. frown Sorry.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136859 10/25/13 03:39 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It IS Requiem. Here's Lex's puppy:

[Linked Image]

And the link to it, just in case...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#136860 10/25/13 09:42 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
First I forget Wally, and then the puppy! Guess I need to study up--thanks...(typing as watching L&C on The Hub thumbsup )

21. What did Sam Lane, MD mean when he said "No. No, that's not right" before losing his memory in the final episode?
As per 21 - I read somewhere that it was meant to be the first hint that Dr. Klein's research was flawed and that Lois and Clark actually *could* conceive children.
Interesting! I never put that together, but makes sense...all of these loose ends really make me wish that 5th season would have been filmed hyper
And then the big two:
-Lois risked her life to save Clark's parents
-Lois told Superman that she loved Clark
(The fact that Lois almost died to help Clark's parents, combined with him hearing that Lois loves him--this gave Clark every indication that Lois now cared about him as much as he has always cared about her. He knew where he wanted the relationship to go--so he acted on it, and quickly smile .) And I believe that these two events made him realize that he HAD to tell Lois he was Superman, and so out came the proposal, to be followed by the explanation..."I needed to know if you would marry me--Clark...then I was going to tell you everything" in WHALTTA. I just love discussing L&C's relationship blush

50. What happened to the red kryptonite? It was in LW, but then what?

51. Just how exactly does Utopia come to existence? We know it is based on L&C getting married--and there's a statue of them, etc--but how do we get from their wedding, to their decedents, and then a world of Utopia? dizzy I would like some details, please...

52. The loose end of Alt. Lois was brought up, but really, how does Alt. Clark function in his Alt. world? I mean, till he finds his Lois (hopefully shock

#136861 10/26/13 12:09 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
A few more dangling loose ends to tie up...

53. Does Diana Stride (TC) ever leak the 'Clark Kent is Superman' info out? She was exposed as a hoax in the episode, but she really does know the secret--isn't she just dying to tell someone the news?!? (and somehow figure out a way to prove it all)

54. We covered how we need clarification on how 'making love while floating' works, but that brings up another question: Clark has previously 'sleep floated'--does that stop once Lois is sleeping in the same bed as him? Or does Lois ever end up waking up during the night to find her husband has floated away? smile

55. Super Hero Costume Clarification?--How exactly does the 'spin thing' work (meaning specifically, just where do the clothes that aren't being worn go, and then how exactly are they recalled, when needed, into the next spin change)? dizzy

-As Clark, Superman's suit is sometimes under his clothing (or I suppose could fit into a large pocket--spandex isn't too bulky, I guess confused ). But a cape? And really--there is no way those red boots are just balled up into his suit jacket pocket, etc huh
-glasses
-potentially a coat--Metropolis does see some snowy weather--and that can't stop a Superman rescue smile
-suit jacket
-button down shirt
-loud tie
-undergarments blush
-pants
-socks
-and yet another pair of awkward-to-hide shoes wink

I would love to know the logistics of these quick changes--and not to be picky, but how does nothing ever wrinkle in this process? Amazing! laugh

#136862 10/26/13 12:09 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I really am wanting that previously promised 5th season now
Being that it's been 20 years since the show aired, I doubt we're going to get a live version. The fans did pick up the slack though, a while back, and wrote a 5th Season of fanfics. I've only made it through about half of these. The last one I read was so angst-filled, it made me nervous to read onwards. (I never made it to the one where alt-Clark finds his alt-Lois.... [Linked Image] Since LLF has tempted me to spend my procrastination...er.... writing time, reading stories from the Archives, I should really go back and finish this series.)

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136863 10/26/13 12:54 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
56. Speaking of superhero costumes, what did Lois ever do with Ultra Woman's?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136864 10/26/13 01:23 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I would love to know the logistics of these quick changes--and not to be picky, but how does nothing ever wrinkle in this process?
Didn't you know? Keeping clothes unwrinkled is one of Clark's powers. wink

I wonder not only about where Clark keeps his other clothes, but also the logic behind the spin-change. Yes, it's neat to watch (and that, I am sure, is at least part of the RL explanation for it), but how does spinning actually help him change? I would think it would be a lot harder to change while imitating a top than it even would be to change in a phone booth. (And this is fodder for another folder, but I've often wondered where that phone booth thing came from, since he used such a locale EXTREMELY rarely either in his early years -- i.e., 1930s and 1940s -- or over the course of his 75 year history.)

Joy,
Lynn

#136865 10/26/13 01:35 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
I would love to know the logistics of these quick changes--and not to be picky, but how does nothing ever wrinkle in this process?
Didn't you know? Keeping clothes unwrinkled is one of Clark's powers. wink
Steam cleans the wrinkles out with his heat vision?

I wonder not only about where Clark keeps his other clothes, but also the logic behind the spin-change. Yes, it's neat to watch (and that, I am sure, is at least part of the RL explanation for it), but how does spinning actually help him change? I would think it would be a lot harder to change while imitating a top than it even would be to change in a phone booth.
Maybe a) it just appears that he's spinning because he's moving so fast, but not really spinning, or b) he spins so quickly to protect his modesty in case anyone happened to be watching (such as Lois... or us. [Linked Image] )

(And this is fodder for another folder, but I've often wondered where that phone booth thing came from, since he used such a locale EXTREMELY rarely either in his early years -- i.e., 1930s and 1940s -- or over the course of his 75 year history.)
Good question. clap

VirginiaR.
---
#136866 10/26/13 04:17 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Maybe a) it just appears that he's spinning because he's moving so fast, but not really spinning, or b) he spins so quickly to protect his modesty in case anyone happened to be watching (such as Lois... or us. [Linked Image] )
I've always assumed it was the modesty thing too.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136867 10/26/13 07:45 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Being that it's been 20 years since the show aired, I doubt we're going to get a live version. The fans did pick up the slack though, a while back, and wrote a 5th Season of fanfics. I've only made it through about half of these. The last one I read was so angst-filled, it made me nervous to read onwards. (I never made it to the one where alt-Clark finds his alt-Lois.... Since LLF has tempted me to spend my procrastination...er.... writing time, reading stories from the Archives, I should really go back and finish this series.)
I have been meaning to get into the 5th season of stories--but haven't yet started. But an Alt. Lois and Alt. Clark story should definitely get me heading that way smile1 --thanks for the info!

56. Speaking of superhero costumes, what did Lois ever do with Ultra Woman's?
Answer: Lois Lane Fan located it in Metropolis, IL over the summer ....one loose end tied up thumbsup

How about a few more?

57. What happened with Sam and Ellen's relationship? They were getting along much better in TFH...so what happened afterwards?

58. Where did Jimmy's career end up going? Did he advance at the Planet to become a journalist?

59. Speaking of careers--how did Lois and Clark do down the road at the Planet? Any more Kerths or a Meriweather Award?

Laura

#136868 10/27/13 02:29 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Maybe a) it just appears that he's spinning because he's moving so fast, but not really spinning, or b) he spins so quickly to protect his modesty in case anyone happened to be watching (such as Lois... or [b]us
. [Linked Image] )
I've always assumed it was the modesty thing too. [/b]
I had thought I remembered him spinning at some point while he was alone in his own apartment; if so, then modesty didn't enter into it. (No, I can't cite a specific episode off the top of my head. If I could, I would.) Am I mis-remembering?

Joy,
Lynn

#136869 10/27/13 11:44 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
After showering, Clark spins into a couple different outfits in Lucky Leon getting ready for his date with Lois--was this the scene you were thinking of? This scene wouldn't be anything related to modesty--he was just getting ready and doing his thing...maybe it's a habit? Something he figured out how to do, works for him, so why not do it sort of a thing?

#136870 10/27/13 11:49 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thank you! I'm glad I wasn't completely mis-remembering. I had thought I had recalled him spinning in his apartment prior to taking off for some emergency, but at least he did spin while alone. In this instance, he could simply have been burning off a little nerves/excitement prior to the date -- sort of a super-fidgeting. huh

Joy,
Lynn

#136871 10/27/13 04:18 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What happened to Cat?
Irene Dutch gave us what might have happened in her fic, In Cat\'s Corner . I'll just say that Cat finds true love (awww.)

How much time (years) did Clark actually loose in BY? He gave some of his 'time' to Jimmy, but we don't know how his life span will compare to Lois'...Always walk away from that ep thinking "Hmmmm?"
Actually, Nan Smith addressed this topic in her "Home" series . I forget which fic it's in, so you'll just have to read the whole lot!

How did the people of Smallville not know that Kal-El / Superman wasn't their native son, Clark Kent?
Shayne Terry answered this question in his hilarious mini-fic, Gossip . Remember, it doesn't cost anything to be nice! laugh

What happened the first time Lois and Clark went up against Bad Brain Johnson? It was only mentioned that they caught him, but we never saw it happen.
Sue S. did a fantastic story about this - Faustian Bargain . Don't miss it. The nfic version is better and it's hot hot hot!

What happens to the baby after the final episode? (An earlier question dealt with the baby's history, but not with its future.)
Why don't you read Yvonne Connell's Kidnapped ? A great fic, telling us where the baby came from and also what came next.

The people of New Krypton--did Zara and Ching marry and have an heir? How are they all doing and what ended up happening on their planet after their ship left earth?
Go ahead and read Dandello's Plane Storm and you'll find out. It's a fine LnC/Superman Returns crossover fic and very well done.

Just how exactly does Utopia come to existence? We know it is based on L&C getting married--and there's a statue of them, etc--but how do we get from their wedding, to their decedents, and then a world of Utopia? I would like some details, please...
Well, CC Aiken's In A Better Place doesn't tell us the nitty gritty of how Utopia came into existence, but a lot of the story does happen in that so-called Utopia. And it's quite a good story.

but really, how does Alt. Clark function in his Alt. world? I mean, till he finds his Lois (hopefully [Grovel] ) he is alone, w/o parents, in a world that knows all about his secret. Even the Planet is different--with Jimmy owning it, and Perry is busy as Mayor.
This all combines to make one lonely, very publicly-known superhero...What is his life really like?
I found Yvonne Connell's Addicted to be a hard-hitting and awesome exploration of this very thing. How does alt-Clark live in a world without Lois? The answer... not very well. Don't miss this one. Another fic where the nfic version (in my opinion) is better. Also, it has a sequel, Damaged .

Speaking of superhero costumes, what did Lois ever do with Ultra Woman's?
I wish I could remember the name of the fic where Lois (or is it Clark?) is cleaning out the attic and finds the old costume there, packed away.

#136872 10/27/13 04:38 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
60. Did Lois and/or CLark ever win a Pulitzer?

61. What ever happened with the investigation into the stolen diamonds in ATAI? Did it remain unsolved? Did the case get dropped once Mazik was caught? Wouldn't Mazik have fingered Clark as the thief?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136873 10/27/13 11:46 PM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
[b]I really am wanting that previously promised 5th season now
Being that it's been 20 years since the show aired, I doubt we're going to get a live version. The fans did pick up the slack though, a while back, and wrote a 5th Season of fanfics. I've only made it through about half of these. The last one I read was so angst-filled, it made me nervous to read onwards. (I never made it to the one where alt-Clark finds his alt-Lois.... [Linked Image] Since LLF has tempted me to spend my procrastination...er.... writing time, reading stories from the Archives, I should really go back and finish this series.) [/b]
Ahhh. There is hope for some kind of live version, though. Orphaned shows are showing up on Kickstarter. I understand there's a Veronica Mars movie being done as well as this:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/125377036/star-trek-continues-webseries

--and if a show that got pulled 45 years ago can spawn 11 movies and I give up on trying to count how many TV series, audio series, games, TV movies and specials then there's hope for anything.

Shallowford
#136874 10/28/13 11:25 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
With 45, I think Linda and Paul were from college, not high school. Although I have to admit that the relationships and events described always sounded to me more high school, but Lois says it was college.

John Pack Lambert
#136875 10/28/13 11:44 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
62. Does Lois retain any of the information that was implanted in her brain in "The Eyes Have It."

63. Do Jimmy and the girl from "AKA Superman" keep dating?

64. Does Lois retain any powers from being Ultrawoman.

65. Does Lois still have her harem outfit from "Pheremone My Lovely"

66. Do Clark and Lois ever go back to the Lexor after getting married.

67. Whatever happens with the film Linda King talks about at the end of "the Rival"?

John Pack Lambert
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard