Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#136836 10/24/13 09:07 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What threads did the Lois and Clark: NAoS show leave dangling? And how many of them were there?

1. What happened to Cat?

2. What happened to Jack?

3. Where did that baby come from?

4. If Martha and Jonathan were heading to Italy for their anniversary at the end of S2, why were they back in Kansas when Clark calls them for advice about his rejected proposal / botched revelation at the beginning of S3?

5.(a) Why did Perry hire Ralph?*
5.(b) Why did Perry hire Wally?*
and not Clark?

6. Was S1 Jimmy supposed to be the same person as S2-4 Jimmy?

etc, etc, etc.

Extra bonus challenge: Write a story tying up one of these loose threads? /even if the topic has been addressed before/

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136837 10/24/13 09:32 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
7. Did Alt. Clark ever find his Alt. Lois??? Oh to have a 5th season with an episode about that!!! shock I have always wished that loose end was tied up... "My boy--I never say impossible" (so much of a possibility there--and any way to get ANY version of Lois and Clark together is great by me blush )

*having a brain fog--who was Wally again? Thanks...

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#136838 10/24/13 09:36 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LMA:
<strong> 7. Did Alt. Clark ever find his Alt. Lois??? Oh to have a 5th season with an episode about that!!! clap

8. Did Lana show up to CLois and Clark's wedding reception (ARGH-Arc)? And if so, what happened?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#136839 10/24/13 09:38 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by LMA:
*having a brain fog--who was Wally again? Thanks...
[Linked Image] In S2's Individual Responsibility, he came to Jimmy (acting editor while Perry was abducted) with a call-girl and mayor story without verification. He actually only shows up in that one episode.

VirginiaR.
---
#136840 10/24/13 09:42 AM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ahhhh--Wally! Thank you, that would have driven me a little bonkers wallbash

Would love to see Lana and the wedding invite unfold in the show.

9. How much time (years) did Clark actually loose in BY? He gave some of his 'time' to Jimmy, but we don't know how his life span will compare to Lois'...Always walk away from that ep thinking "Hmmmm?"

#136841 10/24/13 10:47 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
10. Were The Invisible Man and Resplendent Man twins? The same person? Alternate universe counterparts who somehow managed to inhabit the same plane of existence?

11. If Kal-El was married to Zara at birth, why did the ship full of important people (Zara, Elders, etc) leave him behind when they were looking for a new planet to live on and Krypton was exploding?

12. Are Lois and Clark telepathically linked? Lois wakes up Clark when he's in the coma in HIWTHI somehow with her mind. And Clark knows Lois is thinking about him when he's en route to NK.

13. Did Star ever figure out CK=S? After all, he DID call himself Kal-El when under hypnosis, before Superman ever made his name known.

14. Did Perry every figure out CK=S? Some things he says suggest that he did. Other times, not so much.

15. Did Jack ever figure out CK=S? By the time Fly Hard was over, there were hints that maybe he did, or at least suspected.

16. If Tempus claims that he has no mechanical knowledge, how the heck did he escape Smallville 1866? Clearly, if he couldn't run the time machine, he couldn't have built one.

17. Exactly how much Kryptonite is out there? It seems like every Tom, Dick, and Harry could get a hold of one if they wanted it.

18. How did Mindy Church get her hands on Clark's ship?

19. Was Mindy ever caught as the head of Intergang?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#136842 10/24/13 11:05 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
20. What did H.G. Wells do with that spare time machine (the one that Superman built when he went back in time in Tempus Fugitive)? How could he fly one machine somewhere and leave it and go back for the other one (without one of those window time machines that Tempus had in S4)?

21. What did Sam Lane, MD mean when he said "No. No, that's not right" before losing his memory in the final episode?

VirginiaR.
---
#136843 10/24/13 11:20 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Extra bonus challenge: Write a story tying up one of these loose threads? /even if the topic has been addressed before/
At the risk of self-plugging, my story Gofer No More? does tie up one of the loose ends mentioned.

20. What did H.G. Wells do with that spare time machine (the one that Superman built when he went back in time in Tempus Fugitive)? How could he fly one machine somewhere and leave it and go back for the other one (without one of those window time machines that Tempus had in S4)?
Perhaps he made one time machine function as the equivalent of a tow truck?

22. As long as there are other questions with this them: Why did all of Lois' family change appearance over the course of the show?

23. What ever happened to Woody Samms in the dog's body after IGYUMS?

24. What does Asabi do after the show ends?

25. What happens to the baby after the final episode? (An earlier question dealt with the baby's history, but not with its future.)

Joy,
Lynn

#136844 10/24/13 03:00 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Maybe #20 is how Tempus escaped 1866. There was no way for H. G. Wells to avoid leaving a time machine in 1866. It all makes sense.

John Pack Lambert
#136845 10/24/13 03:15 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
26. Where did Lois and Clark go on the post-"Individual Responsibility" date.

27. What ever happens with the Smart Kids who suspect CK=SM.

28. Did Lois or Clark win the chess game at the end of "Top Copy".

29. How does Lois being at the Hotel Robierge at the end of "Sex, Lies and Videotapes" in as payment for Superman fixing the damage not add more fuel to the Lois to Superman connection fire.

John Pack Lambert
#136846 10/24/13 05:38 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
30. What happened to Perry's other son? (In ASU Perry mentions that Alice couldn't get a flight out of Des Moines when she was seeing both of them). We know about Jerry and where he ended up, but what about the poor, unnamed one?

31. The people of New Krypton--did Zara and Ching marry and have an heir? How are they all doing and what ended up happening on their planet after their ship left earth? dizzy

32. Lucy (never knew a lot about her or what really ended up happening to her thud )

#136847 10/24/13 05:45 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
33. Did Jimmy ever get with that red head who was supposed to be his soul mate?

34. How, exactly, does making love while floating work? With Clark on top, any part of Lois that he wasn't holding would be pulled down by gravity. And with Lois on top, there's that problem of, shall we say...leverage, unless Clark's doing all the work.

35. What happened to Lex's puppy?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#136848 10/24/13 06:36 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
At the risk of self-plugging, my story Gofer No More? does tie up one of the loose ends mentioned.
Still one of my favorites, Lynn. laugh

22. As long as there are other questions with this them: Why did all of Lois' family change appearance over the course of the show?
Good one! I bet this would be a fun one to answer.

Originally posted by John Lambert:
Maybe #20 is how Tempus escaped 1866. There was no way for H. G. Wells to avoid leaving a time machine in 1866. It all makes sense.
H.G. Wells took his time machine back to 1866, left Tempus there (where Tempus got locked up because he kept telling people the truth), and then Herb returned to get Lois and Clark in 1966. If he had left the time machine there, how would he have gotten out? No, Tempus probably hired some genius to build him a time machine of his own, but it was screwed up and that's how he ended up discovering other dimensions.

All good questions, everyone. clap

36. How did Lex survive being killed in the abandoned subway under the Daily Planet? (Come on, we all know he did.)

37. Who was Mindy Church, really?

38.(a) How many times was Lex Luthor married?
38.(b) How many children did he sire? (Yes, I know they probably weren't all legitimate.)

39. How did Perry and Alice's date go?

40.(a) How did the people of Smallville not know that Kal-El / Superman wasn't their native son, Clark Kent?
40.(b) How did Perry not figure it out?
40.(c) How did Jimmy not figure it out?
40.(d) Does Clark ever call Lois 'his little concubine'? << [Linked Image] >>

41. What did Jace Mazik do to with the information that he knew that CK=SM?

42. What did Clark read in Tempus's diary (before SM burnt it up)? And was it still accurate or changed because he now knew what Tempus knew of the future?

VirginiaR.
---
#136849 10/25/13 02:31 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
42. What did Clark read in Tempus's diary (before SM burnt it up)? And was it still accurate or changed because he now knew what Tempus knew of the future?
This one has been on my mind lately. I wonder if this is why he asked Lois to marry him so soon after. As Perry says in Season 3 - "Shouldn't they try dating first?" They haven't been 'officially' dating for very long for Clark to pop the question. Yes we all know he's head over heels in love, but for 2 years he's been taking it very slow, gentle and careful with Lois. Yet, now, he jumps right in with the proposal. Maybe he read that they get married. He may have been fully confident of the answer. Yet he was then stunned by the 'No'.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
#136850 10/25/13 05:41 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KatherineKent:
This one has been on my mind lately. I wonder if this is why he asked Lois to marry him so soon after. As Perry says in Season 3 - "Shouldn't they try dating first?" They haven't been 'officially' dating for very long for Clark to pop the question. Yes we all know he's head over heels in love, but for 2 years he's been taking it very slow, gentle and careful with Lois. Yet, now, he jumps right in with the proposal. Maybe he read that they get married. He may have been fully confident of the answer. Yet he was then stunned by the 'No'.
Interesting theory! I always assumed that Clark jumped in so fast because:

1. He almost lost Lois to Scardino.
2. Lois chose Clark over Scardino AND Superman.
3. He was hopelessly in love with her.

But the notebook idea...knowing he and Lois did get married...that's interesting. I'm guessing the notebook didn't mention the clone debacle though. :p

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136851 10/25/13 05:42 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:

21. What did Sam Lane, MD mean when he said "No. No, that's not right" before losing his memory in the final episode?
As per 21 - I read somewhere that it was meant to be the first hint that Dr. Klein's research was flawed and that Lois and Clark actually *could* conceive children.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136852 10/25/13 05:48 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
43. What ever happened with the Kryptonite vaccine that Dr. Klein was working on for Clark in DTOSC?

44. What happened the first time Lois and Clark went up against Bad Brain Johnson? It was only mentioned that they caught him, but we never saw it happen.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#136853 10/25/13 05:57 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
45. Why weren't Linda and Paul at Lois's high school reunion?

46. Why is Lois so skittish about a gun in The People vs. Lois Lane if she had used guns many times before?

47. How did Lois manage to cook the Christmas dinner in Seasons Greetings if she was a disaster in the kitchen?

48. How did Lois know the clone was not the real Superman by his kiss if she had kissed Clark and Superman and didn't realize they were the same?

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#136854 10/25/13 06:03 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
45. Why weren't Linda and Paul at Lois's high school reunion?
Because Linda and Paul didn't go to high school with Lois; they were friends from college, until they weren't.

Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] 20. What did H.G. Wells do with that spare time machine (the one that Superman built when he went back in time in Tempus Fugitive)? How could he fly one machine somewhere and leave it and go back for the other one (without one of those window time machines that Tempus had in S4)?

As per 21 - I read somewhere that it was meant to be the first hint that Dr. Klein's research was flawed and that Lois and Clark actually *could* conceive children. [/b]
That's how I always rolled with it, but when I first (and second and third) heard it, I thought Sam was agreeing with Dr. Klein's conclusions.

VirginiaR.
---
#136855 10/25/13 06:15 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Originally posted by KatherineKent:
[b]
Interesting theory! I always assumed that Clark jumped in so fast because:

1. He almost lost Lois to Scardino.
2. Lois chose Clark over Scardino AND Superman.
3. He was hopelessly in love with her.

But the notebook idea...knowing he and Lois did get married...that's interesting. I'm guessing the notebook didn't mention the clone debacle though. :p [/b]
I agree with both of you. I originally thought what DC concluded, but every time I think about Tempus's diary I wonder if KatherineKent's theory might be the correct one.

It's possible that in the original timeline (before HG Wells screwed it up by going into the future, bringing Tempus into the past, leaving him there to write a diary which Jace Mazak got ahold of and therefore Clark read), Clark told Lois that morning he was planning on doing it at the beginning of AtAI that he was SM. They then dealt with that before he ever proposed. At which time, Lois said 'yes'. Because of that, they possibly got married sooner than when it was scheduled during the ARGH arc, and therefore, it was before Luthor had completed his Clois doll... er... clone.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard