Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
31. A year's supply of hair gel.

32. A year's supply of Olef’s Color Brite Detergent (as seen in Nan Smith's The Inconveniences of doing Superman’s Laundry ).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
So basically he can't buy two tickets to Tahiti and just "happen" to have an extra one? $50,000 is a difficult amount to imagine using all in one or two goes with spending it (in small amounts) for others.

Spend it on a bachelorette auction where Lois is the subject of the date (I'm trying to remember how much the guy from Ireland spent on his date with Lois.). Then again, that would be going against the "no charity" rule, wouldn't it?
Patrick's bid was $10K, plus this was post-Contact break-up so buying Lois might not go over so well.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] So basically he can't buy two tickets to Tahiti and just "happen" to have an extra one? $50,000 is a difficult amount to imagine using all in one or two goes with spending it (in small amounts) for others.

Spend it on a bachelorette auction where Lois is the subject of the date (I'm trying to remember how much the guy from Ireland spent on his date with Lois.). Then again, that would be going against the "no charity" rule, wouldn't it?
Patrick's bid was $10K, plus this was post-Contact break-up so buying Lois might not go over so well. [/b]
I might not go over well, but it's definiteoy true to character. Then I think the auction bid would definitely fit with the "for him" rule (it's fudging a little but not that much). He did get into the bidding before Patrick showed up if I remember correctly. I guess he would be buying an hour of her time with it, money well-spent, no?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I might not go over well, but it's definiteoy true to character. Then I think the auction bid would definitely fit with the "for him" rule (it's fudging a little but not that much). He did get into the bidding before Patrick showed up if I remember correctly. I guess he would be buying an hour of her time with it, money well-spent, no?
I didn't think it was out-of-character. Totally in character! For some reason, I had thought Patrick had spent much more. Yes, I could see a bidding war, but with Patrick's background, he'd more likely win against Clark's paltry $50K. The true winner of course would be the children of the Coates Foundation. wink Also, I could also see Martha berating him for trying to spend his winnings on this.

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I'm officially adding my "car suggestion

33) Lois convinces him that he " needs" a car. Of course the fact that she gets to drive it too is an added perk. (I'm thinking of is as post-marriage).

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
34) 50,000 pounds of lead (the cost of lead is currently less than a buck a pound)

Quite honestly I can come up with more ideas for Martha than Clark (maybe I should start another challenge to that effect for the secondary characters).

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
35) Better security measures for the Star Labs K-vault.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
36. All the black-market kryptonite he can get his hands on and a lead box big enough to hold it. Have Lois pick up the merchandise and deposit it in the box, then melt the box shut and drop it into the Marianas trench.

37. Stock in the Daily Planet. Would $50k be enough for him to have any say in whether they sold out to Luthor?

38. Creepy wax statues of his friends

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
38. Creepy wax statues of his friends
Yes, it's much better to have the Fortress be Clark Kent's old treehouse. No room for exploding wax dummies with all their secrets out for all (who find it) to see. clap Also, if no one can get into the Fortress, how are they supposed to get the gifts he made them from his secret stalker rooms?

VirginiaR.
---
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
I love the "wax statues" idea, precisely because I always thought much in the Fortress was a little odd, to say the least. "Creepy" is actually a very apt description.

#37 would violate the "no investments" rule, although I do see why he might consider stock in the DP to be more than simply an investment.

Buying the Black Market kryptonite is an excellent idea. I suspect, however, that 50 grand probably wouldn't buy him all that much of it, but every piece disposed of is one less piece to worry about.

Joy,
Lynn

edit, p.s., Speaking of "creepy," am I the only one who found his Superman robots and the way he treated them rather disturbing? Those robots would pass any Turing test; they appear to be sentient and self-aware -- even capable of emotions, and yet Superman treats them the way he would a machine, rather than a life-form: He powers them up and down at will and he orders them about as if they were slaves. For a being who claimed to respect all life, the silver age Superman struck me as being quite prejudiced against his own silicon-based sentient beings.

I understand that the robots are only supposed to mimic life, not actually be alive -- but even if the robots weren't alive by some biological or religious definition of life, they were definitely sentient, and IMHO therefore due more respect than Superman gave them.

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
#37 would violate the "no investments" rule, although I do see why he might consider stock in the DP to be more than simply an investment.
D'oh! I forgot about that rule. I was looking at it as a way to prevent Luthor from buying out the DP.

As a replacement:

37. A top-of-the-line security system for his tree house to protect the globe that's inexplicably sitting on the table unprotected.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Good replacement, Mrs. Mxy. smile He apparently believes in what is known in the information security field as "security through obscurity" -- never a good policy. (Gee, can you tell that I am currently immersing myself in studying for an infosec certification? wink )

Joy,
Lynn

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
39. Several dozen top-of-the-line dress shirts made of extra thick, high thread count fabric that does not become transparent upon getting wet

40. A stash of extra keyboards to as replacements for when he types too fast

41. A space suit so he can go walk on the moon whenever he likes without worrying about running out of air

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
42. As many DP subscriptions as 50K will afford him, to help the circulation numbers. (Especially helpful around the time Lex was buying the "failing" paper.)

There, that's not really an investment per se... evil

43. A very large stock of Twinkies, Ho-hos, Ding-dongs, and Snickers...all of his favorites. (According to Jonathan in LOTF.) Oh, and plain-cake donuts.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
44) a computer with the fastest available processing speed (along with tech support for when he fries it.)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard