Next Thread
Print Thread
#135935 01/07/13 03:14 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
I'd like to borrow the blue kryptonite from Smallville .

The blue kryptonite of Smallville make Clark almost a normal human being.

Thank about the ways it could be used in L&C.

For example ensuring a safe pregnancy for Lois

Allowing Clark to be appear to be normal whenever needed.

Say as in "Top Copy" someone believes Clark is Superman. He opens a tiny lead pill container sized box in his pocket exposing himself to blue kryptonite picks up a pen knife and makes a small incision on his forearm drawing blood.

A Bomb with some blue kryptonite explodes and some blue kryptonite is embedded in Clark. All Clark knows is his powers are gone.

blue kryptonite in Smallville also rendered Clark immune to Green kryptonite. Picture him always carrying a tiny lead pill container sized box with blue kryptonite for use when attacked by green kryptonite.

Luthor imprisons Superman in the kryptonite cage. Either have Clark carrying the tiny lead pill container sized box with blue kryptonite or have the cage made of blue kryptonite.

And so on ....

Framework4
#135936 01/07/13 03:48 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
That's interesting how Smallville used blue K. That would be a handy stone for Clark to have.

In the comic books, blue kryptonite was formed with the same imperfect duplicator machine that made Bizarro. Blue K was an imperfect duplicate of green K, just as Bizarro was an imperfect duplicate of Superman. Green K didn't hurt Bizarro, but blue K did. OTOH, blue K had no effect on Superman.

Joy,
Lynn

#135937 01/08/13 04:51 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Interesting timing...

I have a short that I plan to post sometime before the end of Q1 2013 that utilizes BK (blue kryptonite) per the Smallville rules of behavior.

I won't say more for now, but the story will be posted. (It would be sooner but I am committed to finishing the "story" pass (pass #1) of the sequel to When the Sky Falls before the end of February.) Once that is done, I'll turn my attention to the BK short. I could post the BK piece as soon as mid-February, but I can't be sure of that.

Bob

#135938 01/08/13 06:50 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just for kicks and in case anyone's picky with them colors. MLT also used Blue K in The Big Couldn't. It also turned Clark in a very very normal man. Umm... yes... 'normal'. Sort of.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#135939 01/08/13 07:06 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Ooh. Or conversly... What if Alt-Clark were exposed to it? After already being exposed as Superman. Think of all the problems it might cause as the people who fully expected him to help saw him walking around and not being Super? Or all the criminals who knew exactly how to attack and find and hurt Clark Kent because of this blue rock? Lots of possibilities there, too.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#135940 01/08/13 10:25 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
The way you describe the blue kryptonite sounds fairly similar to gold kryptonite in the comics. It permanently takes away the superpowers of a kryptonian.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#135941 01/08/13 11:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Christina,

The Gold K took his powers away - permenently and apparently only if he came into contact with it! If you saw Smallville a Gold K ring had been substituted for Clark's wedding ring and Clark had to get through to GA to prevent GA from putting it on Clark's finger.

The Blue K only took away his powers as long as he was exposed to it.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#135942 01/09/13 06:39 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
So Blue K is essentially Green K that only removes pwoers without inflicting pain or being able to kill.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard