Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#135771 12/01/12 04:10 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
There are lots of places in the show where Clark was almost given a chance to show who he was, or Lois should have figured it out. I am not sure if we have 100 of them, but I am trying.

1. In HiM, when Lois says the job of a reporter is to expose the naked truth, she reaches out, pulls off Clark's classes and says "You are Superman."

2. When Clark stands down the Clone, Lois says "only Superman could have done that. Wait, you are Superman."

John Pack Lambert
#135772 12/01/12 04:18 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
3. If Kryptonite had consistently made Clark ill longer term. Then Lois would notice Clark being abnormally weak just after Dr. Carlin had shot him, and put two and two together.

John Pack Lambert
#135773 12/01/12 04:58 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
4. Lois puts her hand on his wrist just after he is shot in TOGOM, and realizes Clark still has a pulse.

John Pack Lambert
#135774 12/01/12 05:08 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
5. Clark gets the paper cut while in Smallville.

"Clark, havn't you ever had a paper cut before?"

"Not that I can recall."

"What only Superman could have never had a papercut before."

"Well, Lois, I am Superman."

"Than why do you have a paper cut?"

"It is the result of some green rock."

John Pack Lambert
#135775 12/01/12 05:10 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
6. Lois notices Clark is wearing the Super-suit under his clothes while manhandling him in PML.

John Pack Lambert
#135776 12/01/12 05:29 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
7. Luthor brags to Lois that he has Superman in a cage during HoL. Then Clark admits he disappeared because he had been caged by Luthor.

8. Lois turns back to Clark's apartment after telling him she loves him 'like a brother' in ASU only to see Superman taking off from his patio.

9. Lois recalls upon meeting Superman that Clark broke down the door to the Messenger Hanger, and also the "weak link" in the chains holding him. FINALLY puts 1+1 together.

10. Man from gas main explosion in the Pilot points to Clark and says 'he rescued me'. Clark says 'he's delusional' to which Lois responds. "Don't know, you look like you've been down a manhole to me."

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#135777 12/01/12 06:04 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
11. Lois sees Clark change into Superman while looking up while flying from Trask's plane.

12. As Superman burps after eating the bomb in the Pilot, Lois looks closer at his spandex-covered chest.

"Clark," she says.

"How did you recognize me?"

"I would know that chest anywhere. After seeing you with only a towel, the spandex just shows the same thing."

John Pack Lambert
#135778 12/02/12 10:13 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
13. During "Fly Hard" she notices how Clark seems to be staring so intently at random walls and puts two and two together.

14. During Lois's "Ordinary Man" speech in "Barbarians at the Planet," she turns to see his face when she says "even if you were an ordinary man..." His look of disbelief makes her remember her comment about Clark looking like Superman during PML.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#135779 12/02/12 12:31 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
15. As Lois is kissing Superman during PML, she realizes he kisses the same as Clark. She pulls away and moves her head very close to his ear. "Lets continue this somewhere else Clark, you don't want me giving away your secret."

16. When Superman catches Lois as she is falling from the Trask's airplane, she notices there is lipstick on his lips.

"So Superman, who have you been kissing?"

"You Lois."

"Superman, that is a really lousy come on line. Anyway, I don't want to kiss some guy who was just sharing his kisses with someone else."

"No, Lois, I was just kissing you."

"How?"

"I'm Clark."

John Pack Lambert
#135780 12/02/12 12:33 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
17. Lois grabs and opens Clark's hand just after he catches the bullets in front of her apartment in "Witness" and realizes he really did stop bullets that were meant for her, and therefore he is Superman.

John Pack Lambert
#135781 12/02/12 03:28 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
18. While Clark is using his laser-vision to wreck Lois' heels during "Seasons Greedings", she turns and sees him wrecking her heels and realizes that he is Superman. She may be uncontrollably greedy, but she is not stupid.

John Pack Lambert
#135782 12/02/12 03:32 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
19. When Lois sees Clark looking at the TV in shock during Vatman, she realizes this is the first time she has seen Superman and clark at the same time. Initially this does not clue her in, because of course she sees them both, so Clark cannot be Superman. However once she realizes that there is a Superman clone, she puts two and two together, and realizes that Clark is Superman, and that was the clone doing the rescue in Paris.

20. Lois walks in on Jonathan ironing Superman's cape in "Chi of Steeel" and pressures Clark into admitting that he is Superman.

21. In Top Copy Lois notices that Superman is not in focus, and realizes that he is a hologram, and then confronts Clark and gets him to admit that he is Superman.

John Pack Lambert
#135783 12/02/12 03:44 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
22. After Lois realizes that Clark was not with Mayson all evening in the "Eyes Have It" she confronts him on this.

"Clark, if you weren't with Mayson, where were you. I can understand you running away from her, she is really pushy and you are such a nice guy I can see you trying to not have a confrontation, but Superman needed you. Your parents came here. It's not like I would have helped Mayson find you. I would have hid you from here. Come on, I didn't see you all weekend."

"Actually, Lois, you saw me plenty this weekend, it was I who didn't see you."

"Clark, what are you talking about."

Clark looks around, and sees if anyone is around. Then he decides this is not wise.

"Lois, come with me to the conference room."

"Why?"

"I will tell you what is up once we get in there," Clark wispers very quietly. "I trust you to learn this, you have shown yourself to be very trustworthy this weekend, actually you did before, but after this weekend, well, I will say more in there. I trust you, but I would rather not have your initial shock tell too much to the whole newsroom."

With a mutter about hating being left in suspense, Lois finally goes into the conference room with Clark. She knows she will only get answers this way, and she wants answers.

"So Clark, if you weren't at your apartment Friday night, and you weren't with Mayson, where were you?"

"At your apartment."

"Clark, come on, don't be riduclous, Superman was at my apartment, and even if he couldn't see, he could hear. He would have told me if someone else was there. Anyway, I would have noticed, there is no where to hide in my apartment."

"You saw me Lois."

"What are you talking about."

"I'm Superman."

"What," she yelled. "Stop joking around."

"See that class of water," Clark says pointing to a glass of water left by other users of the conference room.

"OK, now what."

As Lois watches the glass begans to boil.

"You are Superman," Lois says. "How could you even think of dating that floozy Mayson, when she hates you."

"Umm, about that, I was listening in to your conversation on the phone and not paying attention what she was saying when she asked me out for the weekend. I didn't even realize I had agreed to go out with her till you mentioned it on Sunday."

John Pack Lambert
#135784 12/02/12 03:54 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
As an added incentive, we can also try and see if we can come up with a reveal sequence from every episode at least through Tempus showing up.

So far we have
Pilot - 3 reveals
Strange Visitor - 2 reveals
GGGoH - 1 reveal
PML - 2 reveals (plus another one building off of that but happening later).
HiM - 1 reveal.
Witness - 1 reveal
Vatman - 2 reveals
Fly Hard - 1 reveal
BatP- 1 reveal
HoL - 1 reveal
Madame X - 1 reveal
Season Greedings - 1 reveal
Chi of Steel - 1 reveal
The Eyes Have it - 1 reveal
Top Copy - 1 reveal

John Pack Lambert
#135785 12/02/12 03:58 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
15b. Lois realizes Superman is Clark because he has the same cologne on that he did that morning as he moves in to kiss her in PML. She may be hiding her feelings for Clark, but she still took a nice deep smell of him that morning.

John Pack Lambert
#135786 12/02/12 04:03 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
23. In MoSB Clark tells Lois he is leaving.

She turns to Clark and gives him a look.

"Don't think I don't know what it is with you and Superman. You are Superman."

"Lois how did you figure it out?"

"You get sick for the first time when we learn Superman can be injured, even if I never saw the rock. You leave with lame excuses. I didn't see you at the courthouse, yet you write a story in Superman's own words. Now you are quitting, but you arn't a quitter. Stay with me Clark, I know they are wrong. I don't need your help, but I want it."

John Pack Lambert
#135787 12/02/12 04:16 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
24. When Clark responds to Jimmy's signal watch at the beginning of GGGoH Lois actually pays attention to what is going on. She drags him into the conference room and then turns to fae him.

"Superman, when were you going to tell me about your disguise, and what is really going on in Kansas. Are those even really your parents whose neighbor was kidnapped, or were they the people who helped you when you landed a few months ago. How did you get this job with no background."

"Lois, you are all wrong."

"What, your not Superman. Yeah right, no one but Superman could have heard that signal. It was clearly bothering you."

"Lois, you are right that Superman is me. You are wrong that Clark Kent is the disguise. Superman is what I can do, Clark Kent is who I am."

"OK, you are both Clark Kent and Superman, are those your parents."

"As close as I have."

"So, not really."

"They found me when I was a bady. They are the only parents I remember. I didn't even know I was from Krypton until I found the globe in Trask's warehouse."

"What globe?"

"The globe that told me I was from Krypton. It was with my ship."

"So you had your ship and you sent me on a wild goose chanse to find it."

"Lois, that was before we went to the warehouse. Anyway, I never did have my ship. I couldn't sneak it out of the warehouse like I did the globe."

"So you were keeping secrets from me."

"Lois" Clark said sternly. "Yes, I was. However, with the ship, that was the least of my concerns. If I had had the option of revelaing the ship to you and keeping it, or you not learning, I might have taken the later option. However Traks interupted us. I could hide the globe from him, but he would have noticed the ship. Anyway, when we went back with the police I was hoping my ship was still there."

"Wait, Clark, was this a large ship, how many people were on it. Did everyone else die in the trip."

"No, Lois, I was the only one on the ship."

"How big was the ship."

"Well, the passenger compartment was just big enough to hold me."

"Clark, maybe it is good we did not find the ship."

"Wait, I thought you were mad at me for not telling you."

"Well, yes I am. At least a little. Still, I like you as my work partner, and if people knew you were Superman that would not last. So, I am glad that everyone does not know."

"Well, I am glad too. Still, I think if it had been found I could have told people that it was a transport ship I built or brought. Maybe say it broke off from my main ship as I was landing."

John Pack Lambert
#135788 12/02/12 04:32 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
25. In ASU Clark, not realizing he is Super and has to hide it, picks up some hot coffee to take to Lois at her desk. When she tries picking it up, and burns her hand instead, she realizes CK=SM, and quickly exists the Planet with him headed to his apartment where she can go over this fact in more detail with him.

26. In ASU, since Clark does not realize he needs to have his glasses as his disguise, he takes them off while talking to Lois and she sees that he looks like Superman without his glasses.

John Pack Lambert
#135789 12/02/12 05:00 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
26a. As Clark puts on his extra pair of glasses from his desk in ASU he turns to Lois and says:

"These are much better. Those other classes did nothing to stop me seeing through your shirt Lois. I like your red bra, but I knew I should not be looking at it. Now i won't do it on accident."

26b. As Clark is fiddling around with his glasses in ASU, he accidentally moves them too low, and then quickly pulls them up, while saying "oops".

"What is oops, Clark."

"I accidentally saw your panties Lois."

"Wait, how did you do that."

"It was an accident, Lois. I really did not mean to. No one warned me that I could see through clothing, and skin. how did you get that hair fracture on your ankle. Yesterday, before I got this pair of glasses I tried to avoid looking at you anywhere where I would accidentally see through your clothes."

26c. As they are driving back to the Planet from the police station, Clark is looking very studiously at Lois ankle.

"Clark," she says, turning to him. "Why are you looking at my ankle?"

"Because when I look anywhere else, I just see through your clothes. I know I shouldn't, but I haven;t figured out how to not see through your clothes yet."

John Pack Lambert
#135790 12/02/12 08:00 PM
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
27. In smart kids instead of looking at the pig wondering where she's seen it before she looks at the ground where the kids have spelled out Clark Kent = Superman. She thinks to herself, "Yeah, that makes sense."

"You're better at this than I thought," she told him.
"At what?" Clark looked up at her quizzically.
"Dissembling."
"You didn't think I could lie?"
~ Sue s. FB
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard