Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Back by popular demand! After the surprising success of my challenge 100 Ways to Kill Superman, I've decided to put a new challenge up here on the boards in the same vein.

100 Ways to Reveal the "Secret"

Similar rules as before. List of a hundred different ways that Clark/Superman's secret identity could be revealed. It can be revealed to anyone, by anyone, and in any manner you choose. Just be creative, have fun, and let's destroy some alter-egos! laugh

1. In TOGOM, Clark has a rather delayed reaction to his shooting. He stands there in confusion for a few moments, and when he suddenly realizes everyone's staring at him in shock, he drops down to the floor and pretends to be dead. No one buys it. wink

2. Clark Kent is at the DMV's office, getting a new driver's license. After taking a bad picture, however, the clerk tells him that he will need to remove his glasses so as to reduce the glare- and he might want to run a comb through his hair, too. He obliges. Superman is exposed.

Next 98 are for you fine folcs! Have at it!
hyper

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Fun list! smile

3) Lois finally notices the freckle/mole/whatever-that-dark-spot-above-Dean's-lip-is on both Clark and Superman.

4) Clark Kent gets called in for the draft, has to take an eye exam, and in his nervousness sees through the wall and reads the chart in the room next door.

5) While Clark is yet perfecting his spin-change, he accidentally wears his tie as Superman. Lois recognized the hideous strip of cloth.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
5) While Clark is yet perfecting his spin-change, he accidentally wears his tie as Superman. Lois recognized the hideous strip of cloth.
Just what the blue suit needs, a tie! clap

6) Lois sees a LNN report about the plane Clark took home for the weekend almost crashing due to a tornado; thank goodness Superman was in the vacinity. When she contacts the airline to check on Clark's condition, she's told he wasn't a passenger. Yet, when she calls the Kents, Clark answers the phone, claiming to have been on the scene.

7) Tempus. Duh!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
8. In HiM, Lois can't sleep in the middle of the night. Bored, she wanders to the living room to see if Clark is awake. She finds him sound asleep...three feet above the couch.

9. Lois and Clark go to city hall to get their marriage license. Unfortunately, that day, a new law goes into effect that all couples looking to get married must get a blood test to prove there is no relation. Before Clark can protest, he is whisked away to have his blood drawn. As the needle attempts to puncture his skin it snaps, giving the nurse the biggest surprise of her life!

10. Lord Nor decides to broadcast the trial of Kal-El over all of Earth, just to prove a point. As the trial unfolds, Lois becomes evidence. And since everyone in the world seems to know that Lois Lane and Clark Kent are to be wed, everyone makes the connection.

11. Lois finally gets her heart's wish to kiss Superman at the end of PML. As she kisses him, however, she realizes that his kiss is exactly the same as Clark's.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
12. The lightning bolt in "Bolt from the Blue" nearly strikes Lois, Clark (in work threads, not suit) noticing this immediately jumps to try and push her out of the way. The powers are given to her just like they were "given" to Resplendent Man. (I do see the possibility that Clark would try to explain it away as a side effect of the lightning.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
13. In HoL, when Perry returns to help find homeless Jimmy, Clark answers the door without remembering to put on his glasses.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
14. In GGGoH, Lois accidentally (or, knowing Lois' tendencies to snoop, perhaps accidentally-on-purpose) stumbles upon Martha's sewing room and sees a half completed Suit.

15. Clark was unknowingly exposed to red K. He and Lois are having lunch together. They've both ordered soup. When he sees Lois blowing over her bowl to cool her soup down, Clark blows on his to fit in. Only the liquid in his bowl turns into a soup-cicle.

Joy,
Lynn

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
14. In GGGoH, Lois accidentally (or, knowing Lois' tendencies to snoop, perhaps accidentally-on-purpose) stumbles upon Martha's sewing room and sees a half completed Suit.

Joy,
Lynn
Oh my goodness, Lynn that's really got my mind running!!

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Christina:
Oh my goodness, Lynn that's really got my mind running!!
By all means run with it, then. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Blogger
Blogger
16. In ASU, Lois actually sees the Kents push Clark off the roof of his building. Not only would they prove to Clark he's Superman but to Lois as well. goofy

Kerth
Kerth
17: "Hmmm," said The Doctor, waving his sonic screwdriver, "ultra-dense tissue capable of absorbing solar radiation. Only one alien species has that capability and... oh, sorry, was it supposed to be a secret?"

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
18. Clark has some sleep disturbances and starts sleep-flying around Metropolis in his pajamas.

Shallowford
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
19. Clark gives one of his improvised-on-the-spot poor excuses and flees the newsroom tugging at his tie (still at normal speed not to draw too much unwanted attention, but completely focused on the call for help he's hearing). Tired of her partner's disappearing act, Lois decides to follow him and stumbles upon:
a) Clark superspeeding up the stairs to the roof
b) Clark flying out one of the windows
c) Clark spinning into the suit in the supply room or wherever

You pick your favorite scenario...

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
20. A power surge during the "years transfer" from Superman to Old Jimmy (Brutal Youth) leaves the photographer with some of Clark's powers...seemingly permenantly. Clark takes Jimmy under his wing to teach him about how to handle this. Lesson One: Preserving your secret identity.

21. Prolonged exposure to Red K in Individual Responsibility leaves Clark apathetic enough to spin change in front of Lois.

22. Martha's laser Superman dies during Clark's press conference in Top Copy. With mounting pressure, he's forced to admit the truth.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
22. Martha's laser Superman dies during Clark's press conference in Top Copy. With mounting pressure, he's forced to admit the truth.
Oops... I can imagine the look on Martha's face rotflol rotflol

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
22a. Martha builds her laser with what she thinks is a ruby she found near her home. When the laser dies, the red kryptonite gives everyone in the crowd Clark's powers.

Shallowford
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
#23 - SuperClone keeps a watch on the real Superman and sees him spin change into Clark Kent. SuperClone then tells Lex.

#24. SuperClone keeps a watch on the real Superman and sees him spin change into Clark Kent. Emulating his genetic "father," SuperClone decides to give it a try...and does it in full view of a television news crew shooting live footage.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
#24. SuperClone keeps a watch on the real Superman and sees him spin change into Clark Kent. Emulating his genetic "father," SuperClone decides to give it a try...and does it in full view of a television news crew shooting live footage.
clap lol Poor Clark!

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
#25: On the White Orchid Ball, people notice Clark floating.
#26: Lex tries to run the sword of Alexander the Great through Clark's neck...
#27: During one of his first spin changes, Clark forgets to remove his glasses when turning into Superman.
#27a: He has part of the cape sticking out of his work suit as Clark.
#28: One day at work, Clark suffers from hiccup. The Daily Planet building shakes with every hiccup...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
#29: When Lois slams the door in Clark's face at the end of "Lucky Leon" Clark pushes his way through the door. (based on blooper #5 on redboots... take a peek at second 0:53 to see what I mean.)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard