Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
52 - Lois' pap smear produces some seriously not-so-routine results; specifically, it included the presence of alien cells.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
52 - Lois' pap smear produces some seriously not-so-routine results; specifically, it included the presence of alien cells.
rotflol OMG! Priceless!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
#53 - Clark is framed for murder while he is out of town on a rescue. His only way to prove his innocence is with an alibi. And that means confessing that he's Superman, and was actually saving lives at the time of the murder.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
54) The courthouse installs a new X-ray system to check for weapons. Clark shows up as a solid mass because the X-rays won't penetrate. He's detained and they find the Suit when searching him.

Shallowford
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
#55 - Diana Stride actually had someone competent with her when she spied on Clark. When Clark opens his shirt to reveal the Superman suit beneath (when he's going to go to the hospital), the event is actually caught on film.

#56 - Clark is hit by a speeding car. The car is totalled, and yet, Clark is miraculously not splattered into a billion little pieces.

#57 - Lois and Clark are out in a storm. Clark offers Lois his arm (being the gentleman he is). A stray bolt of lightning hits him, and his powers transfer to Lois.

#58 - Lois becomes pregnant with Clark's baby. However, the pregnancy causes her to temporarily gain Clark's powers as well, but she can't control them. Clark is forced to admit the truth to the world when a very pregnant Lois Lane is seen spontaneously floating down the streets of Metropolis, and the attacks once more start about Lois and Superman having an illict affair.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
#58 - Lois becomes pregnant with Clark's baby. However, the pregnancy causes her to temporarily gain Clark's powers as well, but she can't control them. Clark is forced to admit the truth to the world when a very pregnant Lois Lane is seen spontaneously floating down the streets of Metropolis, and the attacks once more start about Lois and Superman having an illict affair.
Ooh... I'd love to see this one written up into a story. I can just imagine the backlash when the general population realizes Superman "lied" during his previous denial speeches. (well, technically Superman didn't lie in the second speech, but he did tell the truth with an intent to deceive.) With Superman no longer seen as perfect, trouble would definitely be a-brewing for poor Clark.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooh... I'd love to see this one written up into a story. I can just imagine the backlash when the general population realizes Superman "lied" during his previous denial speeches. (well, technically Superman didn't lie in the second speech, but he did tell the truth with an intent to deceive.) With Superman no longer seen as perfect, trouble would definitely be a-brewing for poor Clark.

Joy,
Lynn
That's a really, good point, Lynn. I'd like to see that too. Unfortunately, my muse has already bitten off more than she can chew.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth

Joy,
Lynn
Hmm... evil ...

59. Superman ate the bomb on the Prometheus. Later on, when Clark's back at the Planet, it backfires on him... and bursts a hole through his pants, and everyone can see the tights underneath. laugh

(Sorry for the potty humor. I couldn't help it. blush :p )

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">#58 - Lois becomes pregnant with Clark's baby. However, the pregnancy causes her to temporarily gain Clark's powers as well, but she can't control them. Clark is forced to admit the truth to the world when a very pregnant Lois Lane is seen spontaneously floating down the streets of Metropolis, and the attacks once more start about Lois and Superman having an illict affair.

Joy,
Lynn
Hmm... clap

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
60. When Lois confesses her love for Superman in BatP, instead of turning her down, Superman agrees to date her, so she won't marry Luthor. Lois' decides that since they would have no privacy if they went out with him in the Super Suit, he needed to wear regular clothes to blend in. She borrows (steals) a set of jeans and a flannel shirt from Clark. Superman refuses to put them on, but then finally relents under Lois' constant badgering. When he finishes his spin, Lois sees Clark (sans glasses) in front of her instead of Superman and Clark's secret is out.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
60. When Lois confesses her love for Superman in BatP, instead of turning her down, Superman agrees to date her, so she won't marry Luthor. Lois' decides that since they would have no privacy if they went out with him in the Super Suit, he needed to wear regular clothes to blend in. She borrows (steals) a set of jeans and a flannel shirt from Clark. Superman refuses to put them on, but then finally relents under Lois' constant badgering. When he finishes his spin, Lois sees Clark (sans glasses) in front of her instead of Superman and Clark's secret is out.
thumbsup Good one, Virginia!

--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
BTW, I don't know whether they could be re-used here, but some time back I posted a list of ten ways Clark should NOT reveal his secret to Lois.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lynn - that was hilarious! I spit my tea out laughing at Number One! clap

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi DC,

Sorry I didn't issue a spew alert. Glad you enjoyed the list, though.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
#61 - Mayson survives the car bomb. Lois feels horrible about Mayson's situation, and goes to visit her in the hospital. While there, Mayson laments how she pursued Clark while despising his alter-ego, not knowing that Lois wasn't in on the secret.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
One I once wrote a story about:
#62: Lois "convinces" Superman to be her date on a Halloween party, and insists he needs a real costume. She ruffles his hair and then proceeds to give him his Harry Potter Costume - s(p)ellotaped glasses included.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
clap All great stuff, everybody! Lynn, I loved that piece! I think if you wanted, you could rephrase some of them and repost them on here (otherwise, I'd have to do some math and re-add them myself :rolleyes: ). But yeah, go at it, if you'd like. smile

--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Mouserocks,

I love recycling old pieces. Thanks for giving me the chance to do so. smile

And now some revelations that Clark should be advised against trying:

63) Clark tells Lois via sky-writing or the Metropolis' stadium's scoreboard.

64) While exiting the Planet building with Lois, Clark says in his best mock-announcer voice, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Superman has just left the building."

65) Clark tells Lois, "You know how some people say that we are 'star-crossed lovers'? Well, that's kind of ironic, since I actually do come from a different star."

66) Clark changes a ceiling fixture's light bulb in front of Lois in his own, truly inimitable, manner. Or he complains that Perry is driving him up the wall, and then proceeds to demonstrate by walking up the nearest wall.

67) As Superman, Clark engages Lois in a game of, "If you were a kind of _____________, what would you be?" He then states, "If I were a kind of candy, I would be a Clark bar."

68) Clark plays strip poker with Lois while wearing "the suit" underneath his reporter attire. He purposely loses a few rounds.

69) Clark enlists the help of several colleagues to reenact the old game show, "To Tell the Truth." He has Jimmy and Perry sit beside him. He then rises when Cat asks, "Will the real Superman please stand up?"

70) Clark starts a discussion with, "You know how scientists theorize that space/time curves back on itself? Well, here's some proof: 'Before' is identical to 'way, way after'."

71) Clark serenades Lois with, "Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip that started out from Krypton, aboard a small spaceship."*

72) Clark sends Lois flowers with the following written on the enclosure card: Roses are red. Violets are blue. I am Clark Kent, and Superman too.

*#71 is a filk of the opening song of the old 'Gilligan's Island' sitcom. No copyright infringement is intended.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
73. In "Illusions of Grandeur," when Dr. Novak mentions the phrase "moon and stars" to Clark, instead of leaving and turning into Superman, Clark does the same actions (knocking down parking meters, flying, etc.) while in his regular clothes. Of course, Lois sees this, as does the rest of Metropolis, and the secret's out with Clark having no memory of giving himself away in any way, shape or form.

--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
73a. In "Illusions of Grandeur," when Dr. Novak mentions the phrase "moon and stars" to Clark, instead of leaving and turning into Superman, Clark turns into Superman on the spot.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard