Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Turnabout is fair play. If Lois gets her own instruction manual (See the Lois Lane 101 thread ), then so should Clark.

And to start it off:

Rule #1 - He may be super, but he isn't perfect.

Rule #2 - He can be incredibly stubborn. At times, you need to be even more so. At other times, you need to swallow your pride and go along with what he wants. The trick is to know which time is which.

Rule #3 - His heart is always in the right place, but that doesn't mean his head is.

Rule #4 - He's a lot more than a simple hack from Nowheresville.

Rule #5 - He's not as absentminded as all of his "I forgot..." excuses would have you believe. Look closer!

Rule #6 - Do I have to spell it out for you? Hello! Duh! Clark Kent is Superman!

Rule #7 - If you ever need help trying to understand him, just ask Martha.

Rule #8 - If you see him cock his head like a bird, be prepared for him to take flight.

Rule #9 - He may be (nearly) invulnerable physically, but he is very vulnerable emotionally. Handle with care.

Anyone want to see if we can reach 100 rules?

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., Just an aside: Tomorrow starts a new semester for me -- one that I anticipate being insanely busy. I'll probably become very quiet on the MB again for the next few months. :-( I'll try to drop by as time permits.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Rule #10 - If he tries to break up with you for your own good, don't let him get away with it.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Rule #11 = Keep him away from any rocks that glow green. Or red. Or any other colour, for that matter.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Rule #12 - Always let him go first. He'll feel more manly, and you'll be able to check out things from behind.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Rule 12a -- Make sure he doesn't have his fingers crossed.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Rule #13 - Keep away from people named Mayson.

Rule #14 - A kiss/declaration of love is a good way of keeping him in Metropolis when it looks like he's going to run away.

Rule #15 - Failing #14 - look into microchipping/Lojacking him. It'll make him a lot easier to find.

Rule #16 - Ask youself if any of his lame excuses *really* make any sense. When in doubt, investigate. If it sounds too bizzarre (ie Cheese of the Month club) it probably isn't true.

Rule #17 - You can use "lunkhead" as a term of endearment with him.

Rule #18 - For sex, just feed him pasta.

Rule #18a - When following the above rule, be warned that he may be insatiable. He *is* Superman, after all.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Rule #16 - Ask youself if any of his lame excuses *really* make any sense. When in doubt, investigate. If it sounds too bizzarre (ie Cheese of the Month club) it probably isn't true.
You'd be surprised: Cheese of the Month Club

Rule #19 - He is not schizophrenic, he just has a bad habit of talking about himself in the third person.

Rule #20 - He is not schizophrenic but he can get jealous of himself. Don't pine over him when he is wearing the suit.

Rule #21 - Never give him a plain, monochromatic tie.

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
You'd be surprised: Cheese of the Month Club
jawdrop

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Rule #22 - If lunkhead side of him becomes out of control, call in the big guns: his mother.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Features Writer
Features Writer
Rule #23 - 1000 watt grin is exceedingly helpful to increased libido...daily use is recommended

Rule #24 - Deep copper brown gaze has been known to cause swooning...also recommended daily...several doses

[Linked Image]

TEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Rule #25 - If he runs off on you in the middle of a conversation, take a deep breath. It's not you and it's not him. It's someone needing help.

Rule #26- If Clark Kent dies in front of you, make a call to his parents in Smallville for advice. Hopefully they'll give you a little solace in a way you may not realize.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Rule #27 - If you are not ready to accept his proposal, be sure to emphasize that "not yet" does NOT mean "never."

Joy,
Lynn

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Rule #28- Never, ever let him push you away, especially when affected by Red Kryptonite. He needs your help more than ever on those occasions.

Rule #29- When New Kryptonians arrive to have him come with them, be supportive but make sure he knows where you stand on the decision.

Rule #30- When Clark is injured, be worried. Very worried.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
Kerth
Rule #31 - If approached by an older English gentleman claiming to be HG Wells, and Clark decides to follow him, don't hesitate to go along. Chances are you've done it before and you'll do it again. laugh

Rule #32 - Clark is your soulmate. Knowing that may save you a lot of grief on down the road and make forgiveness easier to find.

Rule #33 - Yes, forgiveness will be necessary in your relationship. Refer to rules containing the words "lunkhead" or "stubborn".

Rule #34 - Clark is a v... very patient man. Patience, however unlikely, may be necessary on your side as well. Keep that in mind before jumping his bones. It may just save you. wink

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Rule #35 - Though he may seem be two sides of the coin, he's very jealous of his Super side. Make sure you let him know that you love his Clark side more. (repeat as often as necessary)

Rule #36 - When going anywhere outside of Metropolis (and sometime within), please take him along with you.

Rule #37 - If he seems to be psychic, it's only because he has super hearing and he's been listening in on your conversations.
- #37B - Never say anything outloud you wouldn't want Clark to hear (unless you know he's safely out of town).

Rule #38 - Be careful what you inadvertantly wish for, unless you really, really want it. This applies to (but not limited by): snow from the Andees, huge bars of Swiss chocolate, pearls from Japan, or enough French cheese to last you a year.

VirginiaR.
---
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Rule #39 - Clark may wear leaded glasses only when he is in his civvies, but his rose-coloured glasses never come off.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Rule #40 - For best results, place into direct sunlight.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Rule #41 - Keep a 2X4 (or other heavy, blunt object of your choice) handy at all times. You never know when he may say or do something stupid and needs some sense knocked into him. laugh

--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Rule #41 - Keep a 2X4 (or other heavy, blunt object of your choice) handy at all times. You never know when he may say or do something stupid and needs some sense knocked into him. laugh
Rule #41b - Or remind him that he's Superman. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
[b] Rule #41 - Keep a 2X4 (or other heavy, blunt object of your choice) handy at all times. You never know when he may say or do something stupid and needs some sense knocked into him. laugh
Rule #41b - Or remind him that he's Superman. wink [/b]
laugh laugh Too true! Of course, you could always just chuck him off a roof if he forgets it... which is actually quite a big possibility.

--Mark Twain
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard