Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Christina:
[b] #89 Ask Martha to show you the rejected outfits, you'll be thanking your lucky stars that he went with the one he did.

Does anyone have a good way to make this less about the outfits and more about Clark?
What if Lois were to ask Clark directly if there was one thing he would change about the outfit? Or something like that. Maybe... If Clark could change his uniform would he? Ooooh. How about...

The next time Clark gripes about some aspect of his uniform remind him of how much worse it could have been.

Does that work? [/b]
That works (I suppose if there are notes in the margins by Johnathan or Clark the original sentiment would definitely make sense.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
90. Don't worry; it's not just you -- *No one's* cooking is as good as his Mom's.*

*All right, maybe it is her, too, but there's no reason to tell her that!

Joy,
Lynn

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
#91 Be aware of lightening storms and rescues.
#91a consequences include being accused of having a child he does not have and a superpowered person interested in making money with them.

#92 Be aware of any and all glowing red rocks. Wrap all in lead and transport them to Dr. Klein's facilities immediately for research for a cure and disposal
#92a see rule #s 11, 28, 65 and 72

Only 9 more to go! *topics that I don't know have been references include "Just Say Noah and The Corn Festival"

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
#93: Clark loves waxing philosophical about his hometown roots. Let him even if it sounds hokey, it's part of who he is.

#94: If Clark wants to take you to the Corn Festival in Smallville, Kansas, let him. You may find yourself with Clark at his most "Clark."

#95: Be careful of sleep floating.
#95a: Consequences include destroyed pillows, broken bedframes, and falling Clarks.
#95b: you may or may not enjoy the "falling Clark" if you've been upset with him controlling your life (or breaking up with you for your own safety before taking it back.)

C'mon, we gotta have six more somewhere in there! I don't think anyone's mentioned the Toyman, "brainiac" or Myxy yet!

Kerth
Kerth
#96: Don't plan to go far away for your honeymoon - you won't get there anyway. blush

#97: Clark is not into bongo drums, swinging from chandeliers or man-eating Cats.
#97a: You really won't find him in Cat's Corner.

#98: Clark really is the most law-abiding citizen you will ever know.
#98a: This rule does not apply to the laws of physics.
#98b: His powers also tend to defy the laws of logic.
#98c: Of course, Clark will make an exception for breaking and entering - if you ask him nicely enough (or just plain drag him along).

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
#98d - This does not apply when his loved ones are in prison.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
#98e: Nor does it apply when lives are at risk (i.e. when he steals Miranda's perfume bottle).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
#98e2: Or Mentamide 5.

edit: BTW, LJK, rotflol re: 98, and especially the first two clarifications.

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
I'd like to add another item to 98, but I am blanking on the specifics: I recall Clark (as Superman) saying something to the effect of, "You harm one hair on Lois' head and watch how fast my morals vanish." I know that that isn't an exact quote, and I'm not sure whether it was said when Clark had threatened to let a villain drop from the top of a tall building and not catch him.

It's obviously been too long since I've watched the shows. Which episode(s) and situation(s) am I half-remembering?

Thanks,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
I'd like to add another item to 98, but I am blanking on the specifics: I recall Clark (as Superman) saying something to the effect of, "You harm one hair on Lois' head and watch how fast my morals vanish." I know that that isn't an exact quote, and I'm not sure whether it was said when Clark had threatened to let a villain drop from the top of a tall building and not catch him.

It's obviously been too long since I've watched the shows. Which episode(s) and situation(s) am I half-remembering?
Sounds like two different episodes, Lynn. The dropping the criminal from the building was TOGoM (Dillinger)and the quote I think is from when Lois was arrested in "PvsLL", but I could be wrong. I know Clark says something like that to the district attorney, when they bring Lois back to jail, but it could also have been from that missing Tank written episode when Clark takes Lois to the hairdresser when they get back from Spencer's island. peep

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Virginia,

I couldn't find the line in PvLL, but thanks for the suggestion. And thank you for pointing out ToGOM had the drop-and-catch scene. I thought I had had the episode nearly memorized. I guess it's been a while since I wrote "That Old Clone of Mine," and I have started forgetting things. I guess that means it's time to re-watch the episode when I get the change.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I couldn't find the line in PvLL, but thanks for the suggestion.
This is the scene I was thinking of, which obviously isn't the one you were:
CLARK: "That's my wife, Clemmons. I'm warning you, don't try and turn this into a campaign stunt."

CLEMMONS (D.A.): "I suggest you keep your emotions in check, Mr. Kent. You obviously have no idea who you're dealing with here."

CLARK (in his face): "Neither do you."

VirginiaR.
---
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Virginia,

Nope, that wasn't the one. The one I was thinking of had Superman threatening a bad guy who considers the threat to be an idle bluff because everyone knows of Superman's high moral standards. Superman then replied with something to the effect that if Lois were injured, "watch how quickly my moral code vanishes."

I'm still not remembering any more of the scene. huh But Clark was definitely in his Superman role when he said the line.

Thanks for trying, Virginia.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmmm...closest I can find is from Meet John Doe. I don't think it's the one you're looking for though.

TEMPUS

You see, Randolph? That's something you must learn about superheroes -- no matter which way they turn, they're constantly bumping into their own ethics --

SUPERMAN

I'm going to bring you down, Tempus

TEMPUS

Who's 'Tempus?'

SUPERMAN

You've gone too far this time

TEMPUS

What are you gonna do -- impeach me?

SUPERMAN
I'll do what's necessary.

TEMPUS
And as you've already witnessed so will I. You may want to reconsider cooperating with the new administration, Superman ...

Tempus gets into Superman's face.

TEMPUS (CONT'D)

(softly, intensely)
One never knows when one's wife will drive her car off a cliff, does one?

They hold the look for a beat.

SUPERMAN

This is a warning -- stay away from her.

Superman turns and -- WHOOSH!, he's gone. Randolph steps up beside Tempus.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi DC,

Thanks for checking. Unfortunately, that isn't the scene I had been thinking about, either.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nope, that wasn't the one. The one I was thinking of had Superman threatening a bad guy who considers the threat to be an idle bluff because everyone knows of Superman's high moral standards. Superman then replied with something to the effect that if Lois were injured, "watch how quickly my moral code vanishes."

I'm still not remembering any more of the scene. huh But Clark was definitely in his Superman role when he said the line.

Thanks for trying, Virginia.
You're welcome. I checked out some of the scripts I thought it might be, where Lois was threatened, but I couldn't find it either. Oh, wait, is it... No, not WoS, Ordinary People, Through a glass Darkly, Tempus Fugitive, Voice from the Past, AKA Superman, Meet John Doe, or GGGoH. I know the one you're talking about. It's like on the tip of my tongue. ARgh! wallbash With our luck, it's going to end up being one of those time when the script and the actual dialogue don't match.

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
#99: Clark is vulnerable to quantum guns, be aware of this and take any and all precautions. He will need time to recover, much longer than the time required to recover from kryptonite.

#100: If you happen to be his boss, do not ask about how he came upon his information in front of people not already aware and in on his secret.
#100a: You will find yourself making incorrect judgements in regards to his investigative articles if ignored.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
#101 - Clark and time travel make for a very bad day, but at least you'll have some stories to tell.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VirginiaR:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
<strong> Nope, that wasn't the one. The one I was thinking of had Superman threatening a bad guy who considers the threat to be an idle bluff because everyone knows of Superman's high moral standards. Superman then replied with something to the effect that if Lois were injured, "watch how quickly my moral code vanishes."

I'm still not remembering any more of the scene. wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just for the heck of it, here's the scene in TOGoM:

Superman has Dillinger standing on the edge of the roof, thirty stories above the street.

SUPERMAN

One more time. Where's Capone?

DILLINGER

Hey, who you kidding. I know you good guys never hurt nobody.

SUPERMAN

That was before you killed Clark Kent. He was a very good friend of mine.

DILLINGER

Oh? I... I didn't know you two were so close.

SUPERMAN

Two people can't get any closer. Where's Capone?

DILLINGER

I uh... don't remember.

SUPERMAN

Well, maybe it will come to you on the way down.

He shoves Dillinger off the roof.

Dillinger SCREAMS as he plummets towards the sidewalk.

His scream is cut short when Superman CATCHES him, inches from oblivion.

SUPERMAN

I have been known to miss on occasion.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard