Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Inspired by MouseRocks group challenge 100 Ways to Kill Superman Challenge and 100 Ways to Kill Superman (The Final List) .

What would actually be in Michael's oft-quoted Lois Lane Manuel if canon Clark made such a book for Alt-Clark (after he found alt-Lois, of course)? Let me get us started...

Rule #1 - Never talk to Lois while making love. (you never know what stupid thing you say will cool her off.)

Rule #2 - Feed chocolate, often. More than once a day, preferably.

Rule #3 - Lois NEVER feels guilty.

Rule #4 - Always keep an eye on her, she's slippery.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/08/14 11:57 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Rule #5 - NEVER trust her when she says that she will stay out of trouble.

Rule #6 - Keep well hydrated with coffee, wine, and cream soda.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Rule # 7 - DON'T let her see this list.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Rule #8 - Water her plants for her; they'll die otherwise.

Rule #9 - Even when Lois is wrong, she's right.

Rule #10 - When all else fails, refer back to rule #2.

Rule #11 - Expect Lois to be high maintenance, but she is worth it.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Rule #12 - Just be upfront about the whole Superman thing. It'll save you a world of headaches in the long run.

Rule #13 - Don't eat Lois' food. When in doubt, order out.

Rule #14 - She's top banana.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooooh!

Rule #15: Chumpy is a word.

Rule #16: She cheats at poker. But don't call her on it.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Rule #17 - Never get between Lois and a story.

Rule #18 - Don't let her hold any food intended for Bobby Bigmouth.

Rule #19 - No matter how ridiculous her hunch sounds, take it seriously. More often than not, she's right.

Rule #20 - Lois doesn't always follow her three rules to live by.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Rule #21 - Keep away from people named Dan.

Rule #22 - Keep away from people named Lex.

Rule #23 - Keep away from people named Maxwell - especially if they are a doctor.

Rule #24 - Remember. As fragile as your own heart is, so is her own. She's had a rough life.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Rule # 25 - Actually, don't trust anyone attracted to Lois. For some reason, she’s a slime-magnet.

(Yes, I recognize the irony of that statement. laugh )

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Rule #26 - If Lois says she's not up to anything, she's lying. She usually is. Feel free to stalk from a reasonable distance.

Rule #27 - In case stalking backfires, run. Or come up with lame excuse and run. If in Superman outfit, fake an emergecy.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Features Writer
Features Writer
Rule #28 - be careful with her skull. She may seem thickheaded sometimes, but a bump on the noggin will make her forget the best guy in the universe is her boyfriend...twice... razz

TEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Rule 29 Quit looking at her legs or you'll never get any work done.

Framework4
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Rule #30: Give Lois a break with the suit, she may find you a little too irresistible. Attempt to save all hints at nookie for the bedroom (and that includes all attempts at seduction.)

Rule #31: Failing that, make sure all original photographs and evidence of said nookie is destroyed immediately. Saving it in a little box in your bedroom may not be enough.

Rule #32: Wait until Wells gives you two the ok (I know you don't want to wait but unless you do you'll lose her and your worst fears will be confirmed.)

Rule #33: Make sure she gets to accept you as a friend, but don't forget to leave hints that you're more than a little attracted to her.

*sheesh these feel like they're much harder, don't they?*

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
*sheesh these feel like they're much harder, don't they?*
Harder than the Clark Rules? Or harder than killing Superman off? wink

Rule #34 - Double Fudge Crunch Bars are your friend. Keep a box of them in your drawer for emergencies. (Don't tell Lois!)

Rule #35 - Lois does not like odd or strange gifts / art, especially sent anonymously.

Rule #36 - Do not make angry. Stay calm. No sudden movements. I know it will be tempting to fly off - don't!

Rule #37 - Do feed after midnight. Do get wet. (Repeat)

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Rule #38- If sprayed with a love perfume, do not allow yourself to be in close proximity to her for extended periods of time.

Rule #38a-Consequences include long nights pacing your living room from ceiling to floor and an eventual breakdown in your desire to keep your friendship intact in favor of making love to her (and possibly losing her in the process.)

(I think I mean it's harder than writing the ways to kill Superman.)

Rule #39- When Lois really is on top (i.e. the boss) at work, don't let her either push you away or overwork herself. She really does need you now more than ever.

Rule #40- Do get her gifts but make certain that she knows they would only be the kind of gifts you can give (that way there is no mistaking who they came from.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Rule #41 - 9 times out of 10 Lois will want to drive. Let her. She knows the basic traffic laws, but this does not mean she will follow them.

Rule #42 - Anytime Lois offers to take you out for pasta, accept, and enjoy any said consequences.

Rule #43 - Do not let Lois and Ellen or Sam Lane (or both) hang out together alone for longer than 1/2 hour at a time unsupervised.

Rule #44 - The only time she'll ever let you put her on a leash is when she's pretending to be your concubine. (Don't ask!)

Rule #45 - If Lois starts acting odd, and I mean bizzaro odd - check DNA and make sure she hasn't been replaced by a clone.
- #45A - If she has been replaced by a clone, see Rule #22 for who has probably kidnapped the real Lois.
- #45B - If she has not been replaced by a clone, see Rules #46 - #48.

Rule #46 - If Lois starts acting odd, and I mean bizzaro odd - check to make sure she doesn't have amnesia.
- #46A - If she has amnesia, see Rules #22 & #23.
- #46B - If she does not have amnesia, see Rules #45, #47, & #48.

Rule #47 - If Lois starts acting odd, and I mean bizzaro odd - her mind may be held hostage by Lex Luthor's son, Lex Jr., follow her and destroy his Neuroscanner machine to free her mind.
- #47A - If her mind isn't being held hostage by the Neuroscanner, please see Rules #45-46, & #48.

Rule #48 - If Lois starts acting odd, and I mean bizzaro odd - and you two have visited a Virtual Reality experience video game recently, double check that both of you have actually left the game.
- #48A - If you aren't stuck in a VR game, please see Rules #45-47.

Rule #49 - From the moment Lois agrees to marry you until the moment you consummate said marriage (see Rule #32)
- #49A - Do not let Lois out of your sight;
- #49B - Make sure said marriage happens ASAP, so that it does not get postponed by either of your ex's.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Rule #50 - If you decide to take Lois on a romantic weekend to a private island resort, leave the blue suit at home.
- #50a - Check out the location before hand for criminal masterminds living nearby.
- #50b - Take her camping instead.

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Rule #51 - Do not ever- and I repeat, EVER- expect or attempt to put Lois on a leash. She will almost surely never listen and the backlash will be fiercely painful.
~ Rule #51b - The only exception to this rule is if she is acting as your concubine. If you don't know what this means, then don't ask. :p

Rule #52 - Lois enjoys a good costume, if the whole Superman-thing isn't a dead giveaway. Be patient with her no matter what she decides to wear- whether she's dressed up as a man or in a rather revealing harem costume.
~ Rule #52b - Lois in disguise usually gets good results, no matter her purpose. Consider yourself duly warned.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Rule #53 - Don't ever, under any circumstances, use the memory wipe kiss on Lois. You want her with all her memories at all times. (See Rules #22, #23, and #46)

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
bump. We're only at 53. Come on, people, surely we can find 47 more rules with living/dealing with Lois Lane for Alt-Clark. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard