Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Finally, some fresh material. wink

And also, CJ and Lois actually get around to doing some investigating.

What do you think?

Chris

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Don't ask me why, but Asabi's alternate lifestyle struck me as absolutely hilarious. goofy

I was very intrigued by Clark's struggle with shades of grey. Granted that any exposure to any Lois will corrupt any Clark eventually wink , this Clark is a sworn defender of law, and he has a lot to work through, doesn't he? Of course, American legal law isn't divine (some might say the opposite, I imagine :rolleyes: ), but I really liked the struggling thoughts.

And LOL at feeling guilty about "wasting" his super powers flying to the pole! I notice he wasn't too troubled at making a long enough detour to get chocolate croissants for Lois. laugh

It's fun watching them investigate, and slowly but surely become a team. I was more or less aware of how jury selection was done, but I still found Clark's information interesting without being dry. This is great stuff, Chris. Looking forward to MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Good stuff. This CJ has more to worry about than our Clark. He, at least, was willing to stretch the letter of the law a little, but this CJ is a prosecutor. It's fun to watch him try to reconcile minor violations in order to bring down someone like Luthor.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Good instalment, Chris.

I see that Lois and CJ are becoming more and more comfortable working together. This Lois doesn't seem so defensive around CJ. In fact she seems down right... encouraging?

Wasn't CJ's lost ex Lois' cousin? I wonder how that will enter into Lois' thoughts as she begins to see CJ as more than just a means to get to Luthor.

Tank (who thinks that things have been going to smoothly and it's time for a major wham to enter into your cozy little story)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

evil Who said that all does people are not conected? Maybe they are conected in a different way.

"Yeah, of course," he answered. "Who hasn't? It's supposed to be excellent. Pricey, but excellent."

"Just so. And it's Asabi's. You'll have to take me there sometime."

CJ looked at her sharply. She'd spoken lightly, making it difficult for him to gauge precisely what she meant by that last comment. Had she really almost asked him out? And, if she had, was it intentional or a slip of the tongue? Or was it a light-hearted comment that meant nothing at all? He hoped fervently that it wasn't the latter.
eek Lois scare poor CJ to death.

So busy was he trying to deconstruct her comment that he almost missed the next part of the conversation. "Miranda, your perfume expert, is dead. A couple of others... Jules Johnson and Mrs Cox... They apparently did live at the addresses you've got, but neither do now. In fact, they both seem to have disappeared. I'll keep digging."
eek Maybe Luthor already kill them.

confused Is Henderson one of the good guys? I don't remember.

Thoughtfully, Lois said, "Maybe nothing. But one of the names here..." She frowned then shook her head. "Nah, it's just a coincidence. I thought for a moment that this one – Judith Myerson – might be Clive Myerson's wife."

"Myerson? As in the guy who shot at you?" CJ sounded incredulous.

"Yeah. But I just remembered: his wife is called Hannah, so it has to be a coincidence." She shrugged, then tapped the list for emphasis and said, "I'll look into it for you, anyway."
evil Maybe is a family member and they are blackmail and force to be in the jury and dispose of Lois because she know to much.

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
so, more than one rescue, huh? cool.

i like the detour to the south pole, and i'm glad you got the penguins in the right place. penguins are fun.

nigel's new life is interesting. was i supposed to recognize the guy he's living with? i don't watch too many british soaps.. wink i checked imdb, but came up empty.

i like cj's thoughts about greys and lines, too.

interesting point about the difficulty of buying off the whole jury. i hadn't thought about it. i'd just figured "he's luthor. he can do that." also interesting to see that CJ hadn't made the assumption that it was luthor.

oh, about US cities and a grid layout... try walking around in boston sometime. it started off as a place where people brought their cows to graze in a common pasture. the cows trampled down paths. people used the trampled down paths because they were easier. the paths grew into established tracks. the tracks grew into roads. a city developed. the narrow roads became 1-ways. so, the city was not only laid out by cows, but there are all these 1-ways, too. you're lucky if you find a street that goes more than a few blocks before changing direction. you can also end up going in circles because of the 1-ways. then there are the boston drivers, who have 2 rules: 1. stop for pedestrians. 2. if you're in a car, it's your responsibility not to get hit. i do love the city (every time mom points out some part of NYC that she really loves, i look at it and thing "that looks just like one of the average places in boston, only much grungier..."), but "sensible grid" doesn't quite describe the layout... laugh

getting back to the fic.. blush

i like that lois did her own research, and that she got so much done, too. i can see they're going to have a lot of deaths to look into, though. is there anyone alive in this universe with the same life?

good job explaining the jury selection. i see you've done your research. smile

interesting tidbit about one of the jurors being named myerson. not *too* uncommon a name, but i wonder if it'll come to anything. she could be a sister or a cousin or something.

great job, chris. looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris

A fantastic part! clap

I'm enjoying this immensely and look forward to reading the next part.

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Chris,
You've soooooo got me hooked on this story!! Another great part!! thumbsup

I loved the inner struggle with CJ -- both the shades of grey dilemma, and the "Lois" struggle (the same but not the same, the familiar to him but not to her, controlling his "feelings" and thoughts) It's great!! I really like this Lois, edgy, insightful, but more trusting laugh

Keep the new stuff coming!!

S (the impatient one who's up way past her bedtime because she just found the new part!! dizzy )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Columnist
Columnist
Now I personally found Nigel's alternate life to be the most hilarious. laugh

Great installment, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where this is going.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
"So," said CJ fifteen minutes later as they finished the last of the food and sipped from their mugs, "Nigel St John is a gay hairdresser—"
ROTFL! rotflol Poor Mark Bromley!

I'm enjoying this immensely and can't wait to see where this is all going. Oh, and fancy Asabi having wife and kids and a restaurant! laugh

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wonderful, Chris - I loved every minute of this segment! thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well being new to fanfic I trotted off to read AEM first and then DOVE into Part II. WOW..this is so good I am totally hooked.

I love seeing L&CJ develop their partnership and those familiar little jolts of attraction they are both experiencing.

I am a little sad that CJ's powers will be fading, I have this need for all stories w/Alt. Clark to have him living happily ever after being Superman with "his" Lois!

Please keep the good stuff coming! smile1 smile1

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Chris
excellent segment
and I'm glad you are caught up
L&CK are working together nicely
more soon please
merry

Features Writer
Features Writer
Chris, I am still loving this. CJ feels so good about the rescues - I assume that as the week progresses he'll end up making some more "secret" rescues, and risk revealing his identity to more and more people. But he doesn't have the option of moving on as our Clark did before settling in Metropolis: here he has a life, a job...and maybe, someday, Lois.

As others have mentioned, I really liked his struggling with shades of grey. I imagine he will continue to do that throughout the story.

I got a little lost last fall in London myself. Did no one tell CJ about the London A-Z? wink

Loved both the alternate Nigel and Asabi lifestyles. But if we're casting votes for personal favorite, I go for Nigel.

And things are moving along nicely with Lois. I'm looking forward to much more.

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Wow! That's quite a collection of comments to respond to! laugh

Hazel, Non, Tank, Maria, Paul, Tricia, RetroRose, Irene, Xanabee, LabRat, Liz, Merry and KathyM... You're all wonderful! notworthy

I'm so glad that people liked Asabi and Nigel. smile

Tank: Yes, Elyse -- CJ's ex -- was Lois's cousin. And, yes, they will talk about her at some point. There are some whams in this story, too, but you'll have to wait a little longer for them.

Maria: I like the way you think! But I can tell you know that, while some of your guesses are... close... there are plenty of surprises still to come.

Paul: No, Mark Bromley isn't a real person. I jsut made the name up.

Oh, and I loved the Boston anecdote.

Re gird patterns: I lived in Toronto for a while. It took me an afternoon to learn to navigate in that city. I moved to Birmingham not long after I came back to England, and it took me at least a month to figure out which streets in the centre connected to which!

Is anyone alive with the same life as in the other world? Well, Perry's there, isn't he? wink

Liz, welcome on board! smile

Kathy, apparently, no, CJ didn't know about the AtoZ. Poor man!

Chris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard