Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi FoLCs!

Due to some recent viewing of Eureka I got the following idea. Since Martha appears so tech-savvy on the show, what if Smallville where Eureka. The TV show is about a small town in Oregon (could be moved, of course wink ) that's acting as a safe haven for the leading scientists. So what if the Kents lived there? On one hand, it would make hiding Clark that much harder, it would also mean that they would probably worry about any one of their colleagues sending a baby into orbit eek but the bunny basically centers around Lois expecting a hicktown and instead of just the minor embarrassments from GGGoH, she's confronted with a bunch of more or less crazy scientists having a blast.

huh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Interesting idea. You could argue that there are so many odd things going on in Eureka that the Kents wouldn't have to 'hide'. That Clark would be more of a 'town secret'.

That would be fun seeing Lois react to Eureka. It's such an ecletic place.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was thinking about the town secret, too. Problem that I stumbled upon was GD, the high amount of government interaction and the close proximity of the military. Not sure if it would have been healthy for Clark to be exposed to the entire town. huh

Just had another fun thought. Since Eureka wouldn't want to attract the press and the close military presence in the first place, Lois might be sent there to investigate strange occurrences with Clark trying to discourage her. And the townsfolk trying to hide all their less than ordinary equipment, and failing in the most obvious ways laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

T
Blogger
Blogger
T
please grovel please grovel please grovel

someone pleeeeease write this

Books may look like nothing more than words on a page, but they are actually an infinitely complex imaginotransference technology that translates odd, inky squiggles into pictures inside your head.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
I was thinking about the town secret, too. Problem that I stumbled upon was GD, the high amount of government interaction and the close proximity of the military. Not sure if it would have been healthy for Clark to be exposed to the entire town. huh

Just had another fun thought. Since Eureka wouldn't want to attract the press and the close military presence in the first place, Lois might be sent there to investigate strange occurrences with Clark trying to discourage her. And the townsfolk trying to hide all their less than ordinary equipment, and failing in the most obvious ways laugh

Michael
Good point about the military and Clark not going together. But you've got me thinking, practically every other episode we're learning about secret projects in that town. So the idea of his abilities being secret could work.

You could make Martha some type of artistic that mixes technology with traditional art.

I love the idea of Lois investigating the town with everyone messing up. That sounds like fun!

Joan

Kerth
Kerth
Please, this sounds awesome!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I know Eureka's off of the air, but I still would love to see this written!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sounds like fun! I'd read this.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
A Town Called Smallville

Plus - there's Warehouse 13 set in same universe as Eureka. So Artie and James would be out there as Warehouse agents. And Mrs. Fredricks... peep

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
party I've put it on my short list!

wave Michael

Kerth
Kerth
Mrs. Fredricks...

I'm convinced that she went to the same school as Hettie Lang (NCIS Las Vegas), Edna Mode (The Incredibles), and Guinan (Star Trek: TNG) e.g. all-wise, all-knowing and REALLY scary women.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard