Print Thread
#134266 07/19/10 12:49 PM
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
I happen to hear a few minutes of a conversation on the radio on my way home this evening that was about survivor's guilt. The person being interviewed had survived a road side bomb that killed his two friends.

This got me to thinking about our favorite receipiant of Superman rescues. Everyone, even Superman, accepts that he can't be everywhere and can't save everyone. BUT...

What if a curious Lois decided to do a little research and find out what may have been happening in other parts of Metropolis during the times when she was being saved by Superman. How many muggings, robberies, or murders took place elsewhere during these times. Perhaps, major vehicular accidents took place.

I'm not talking about other parts of the world, just Metropolis. It's a big city and I'm sure a lot goes on at all hours of the day and night. But what might Superman have run across if he'd been patroling the skies of the city rather than being needed to rescue one particular danger prone reporter.

What might Lois find in her research? How would it make her feel?

Could be fun?

Tank (who has already written his story for the summer)

#134267 07/19/10 01:00 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Interesting. And not where I had thought you'd be heading with survivor's guilt. I had figured you would be talking about Clark's guilt at being (as he thought until the NK arc) the sole survivor from Krypton. I haven't seen that dealt with very much in fanfic, either.

Joy,
Lynn

#134268 08/04/10 03:19 PM
Kerth
Kerth
There's an interesting idea there - so far as the world knows, Superman came to Earth right after his planet was destroyed. What if someone decided that he needed grief counseling?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard