Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#133759 01/28/09 12:08 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Since the 1990s a significant percentage of fraud cases have originated in Nigeria. The classic scam is generally known as the "419 fraud" after the section of the Nigerian penal code it breaks:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_fraud

Usually these scams relate to deposed dictators, businessmen, etc. who might be expected to have a Nigerian connection and access to funds (or valuables such as war-zone diamonds) that can only be moved out of the country illegally.

It occurs to me that a Nigerian princess, such as Clark's dance instructor, might be someone who could be associated with such a fraud. If fraudsters learned of her connection to Clark they might be tempted to use it for a plausible 419 scam. And if this happened early enough it might not be so easily spotted as the common scam it has become.

Is the princess in danger, or involved in shady transactions? Clark will probably want to investigate, and Lois will probably want to help.

Hope someone can do something with this.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't know, Marcus. Your story, "419", just posted on the boards, is so good that I really can't think of anything else to do with this topic!

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I'm sure Lois would love to meet the princess...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard