Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Somebody started a thread based on one of those 10-character lists that crop up on livejournals. If GuineaPants doesn't mind me stealing her thunder, I thought it'd be fun if we all joined in. laugh

Well, here's how it works:

First make a list of 10 characters.

They can be characters from Lois and Clark, from Fanfic, or even a combination of Lnc, fic, and other fandoms. (eg: 1. Lois, 2. MarySue from my fanfic, 3. Harry Potter...)

Now once you've made your list....
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
A
C
E
...Now comes the fun part. laugh

Write a fic to answer one of the following questions.

1. If Characters #2 and #6 from your list go dancing, where do they go? Do they dance together, or compete for partners? Who leads? goofy

2. If #3, #5, #7, and #8 all go on a camping trip together, what happens?

3. All 10 are on a reality show. Who gets voted off first?

4. Characters #1, #2, and #6 are in a cooking competition. What are the results?

5. #9 is in love with #5. #3 is in love with #9. How do they sort out this love triangle?

Now, if you feel like it, post one of your own questions for someone else to answer. cool

~•~
G
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
G
I don't mind at all...in fact I only got like 3 people resonding to mine...this should be entertaining.

"Madness is like gravity...it just takes a little push." ~The Joker
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm still not sure I understand how this is supposed to work. Can someone explain it further?

And Guinea Pants, where in the world is yours? I can't seem to find it now.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm up for a go.

I have a list, however, my is boy, girl, boy, girl, etc, so, most of these would be really...interesting.

I'm going to try and answer each one.

Q1 will be interesting, as it is two females, so I think I'll have them compete for partners.

Q2 Three men and a lady go camping...

Q3 This one would require some really deep thinking. Could become a whole big story, if I play it write.

Q4 This is going to be sooo hilarious, I should start with it first.

Q5 This one I will have to change, a smidge. Let's say that #5 and #3 can't stand each other and that the love in question is Philia instead of Eros...

James, who needs to get his creative juices flowing...

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm still not sure I understand how this is supposed to work. Can someone explain it further?
This is the "directive" that I used when I posted that "game" on my LiveJournal -- perhaps this will help a little bit.

I made a list of 10 characters, it is a secret list. If you want, comment to this post with a question like, "2 and 8 have a dance off, who wins?". I'll write a quick drabble to answer the question and post them in a separate entry.

I believe what Mary is doing here is asking people to make up a list of 10 characters (*before* reading the questions!) and then answering the questions using the characters from the list.

For instance, let's say I have a list and someone gave me this, as a prompt: "5&8 are seated next to each other in the ER waiting room, both for embarrassing reasons." -- I'd have to write this little story, using the characters at these positions on my list. In this case (because I did have a list, and I did get asked to write about that), I ended up sending Clark Kent and Tony Stark to the ER, for this crazy little tale .

Does that help any?

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
G
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
G
There is a link in the starting post to mine. And I have posted my list...enjoy... goofy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, but I can't seem to find the link now. Can you post the link here?

And, Lara, you really must post that drabble here. It's hilarious!!

So this isn't a matter of us guessing what someone else's list is? We make up our own list and write the drabble. Is that correct?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nancy - here is a link to Amanda's post. smile Hope this helps.

As for me posting my drabble here... you know, I hadn't thought about it at all. It's Iron Man a lot, though, won't people mind?

So this isn't a matter of us guessing what someone else's list is? We make up our own list and write the drabble. Is that correct?
You make your own list and write the drabbles according to the questions asked, yep.

But if you want to play a guessing game, James has one, right here.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by LaraMoon:
As for me posting my drabble here... you know, I hadn't thought about it at all. It's Iron Man a lot, though, won't people mind?

But if you want to play a guessing game, James has one, right here.
psst, Lara, I'll pay you later for the promo....

Moving along...As long as there are elements of LnC in there, I don't think they will mind, but that is up to Board monitors.

James

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
First story

Cook among Cooks

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ok, I'm gonna play too.

Once I'd come up with my list, Sammie’s idea which I have taken off Amanda's thread, looked the best option for a fic, because I'd be using <shudder> three of my favourite boys.

Originally posted by sammie:

2 and 6 are out in the countryside having a romantic lunch date when 9 bursts in to the scene.
#2. Clark Kent
#6. Rhett Butler
#9. Spike

Picnic Lunch (circa 1873)

“Oh, I’m gonna kill that idiot Wells for this,” groaned Clark silently, before he found himself once more staring into a pair of black eyes set in a handsome face.

“Aren’t you a married man, Mr Butler?” he gulped.

“I’ve left my wife,” said Rhett, lightly running his fingers up Clark‘s left thigh. “I told her I didn’t give a damn.”

“That was, er, kind of you.”

“You didn’t have to live with her for five years,” he countered vehemently. “That conniving wench has turned me off woman for good.”

“Erm…” Clark squirmed as the hand of his companion inched its way higher.

Again their eyes locked.

Suddenly they heard a bloodcurdling scream, and a man materialized out of nowhere amidst an explosion of light and flame not far from where they were sitting.

“Bloody amulets!” he muttered to himself. “And after I swore blind I’d never wear one again! What the hell?! Oh sh*t!”

And with that he vanished just as quickly as he had appeared, leaving behind no sign that he had been there save the ashy residue that now lay on the ground where he had stood.

“What the devil was that?!” gasped Rhett, leaping to his feet.

“Probably just some vampire getting caught in daylight without his leather coat,” replied Clark, gently taking his hand. “Now, where were we…”

(And that’s the closest I’ll ever come to writing slash.) smile

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
G
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
G
I loved it! It was grate. And a small Squee for Spike's cameo. >hugs gr8<

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard