Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I was ambivalent over whether to post this challenge. What ended up helping me decide is that I have a paper due tomorrow morning, and when I came to the library to print it out, I found out the place is packed. So, since I have to wait for the printer, y'all get this. Yay.

The premise is, half a conversation is presented.

YOU write the other half. wink

-------------------
Clark stopped his pacing when the phone rang, and he hurriedly snatched it up.

"Hello?"

He paused and listened to the voice at the end of the line.

"Oh, good, he's safe!"

"...Yes, I heard you. Don't worry, he's harmless. Just don't do anything to spook him."

"I know, I know."

"Thanks, I appreciate that."

"Yeah, no kidding."

"You've no idea."

"Don't worry about it; I'll be right over. Thanks very much!"

----------------------------

Well? How's that for a starter? smile

~•~
F
Kerth
Kerth
F

"Hello?"

Mr. Kent, per your instructions one of my people picked up your reporter "Ralph Morton".

He's currently on the Midland commuter to New Sparta, per your instructions she isn't cute or blonde but Ralph is making increasing aggressive advances towards her.

"Oh, good, he's safe!"

Mr. Kent do you understand I'm not sure how safe my agent is with him.

"...Yes, I heard you. Don't worry, he's harmless. Just don't do anything to spook him."

Mr. Kent this Ralph seems to have a one track mind and his suggestions are ...

"I know, I know."

I've got Helen and Carol, standing by in case Tracy reaches her limit.

This man gives gutter a whole new meaning.

"Yeah, no kidding."

If he said a tenth of this to Miss Lane...

"You've no idea."

I'm not sure how long they can keep him out of circulation. Besides at the rate he is going Miss Lane won't need to kill him, Tracy or Helen may do it for her.

Framework4
Features Writer
Features Writer
Sadly this was all I could come up with. Well, there was the idea with the lost puppy, but... I wanted Jimmy instead.

Sara Randal finally got the crazed boy to sit down on the couch. "Do you have anyone I could call?"

The young man stared up at her for a moment, eyes wide. "CK. Call CK."

"I would need a number," she pointed out, trying to be as non confrontational as she could possibly be. It had taken her five minutes to lure her from the lamppost outside, and another ten to get him to come in the house. She wasn't too worried about him being dangerous. Max, her pitbull, was normally a sweety with a soft spot for belly rubs, but once he sniffed even the beginnings of danger, he changed into the fierce guard dog that he was bred for.

The young man gave her the phone number, and she dialed it carefully, PRAYING that this CK person was home.

Fortune smiled down on her, because the line was answered on the second ring. "Hi, this is Sara Randall. I have a young man here who asked me to call you?"

"Yes, he's rather quite safe. But do you have any idea what it took to calm him down? He was ranting and raving like a lunatic! Honestly, I was afraid that he would hurt himself or something!" she dropped the reciever as Max bumped against her leg, whining. Fumbling for a bit she picked the phone back up. "I'm sorry, are you there? Hello? Can you hear me?"

She listened to him on the other line. "Don't spook him? He's already spooked! Claiming that one of his best friends is really Superman, and how he had never seen it before now. Do you have any idea how ludicrous that sounds?"

"Yes, well, I finally got him down with a promise of some hot cocoa. I also tried to assure him that Superman wasn't anywhere near here."

"I mean, how insane would it be if Superman actually had a secret identity?"

"He would have to do some heavy juggling to keep up two separate lives, I would think!"

"Anyway, I'm sorry that I called you so late, but I was wondering if you would be willing to come pick him up? I live on the corner of Mayson and Drake."

"Oh sure, no problem!"

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Columnist
Columnist

"Hello?"

"Mr. Kent? This is Dana Calvert from Metropolis Music and Video Depot. We've got Perry White down here."

"Oh, good, he's safe!"

Clark heard a loud crash through the phone.

"Mr. Kent? Mr. Kent, are you still there? Mr. White has torn down our cardboard cut out of Elvis and is starting to dance with it!" Clark could hear Perry's off key singing wafting through the pnoe lines "Mr. Kent! Can you hear me?" Dana shouted over the cacaphony.

"My staff is more that capable of handling this Mr. Kent," Dana defended haughtily.

"I know, I know."

"My assistant manager is sitting him down with Blue Hawaii right now. I think that might help calm him down."

"When you made that public announcement I had no idea it would be this bad."

"Yeah, no kidding."

"Do the Space Rats always cause this type of behavior?"

"You've no idea."

"Well, he's calmed down for the time being Mr. Kent, but I suggest you come pick him up sooner rather than later. And perhaps you could help us to settle some of the damage?"

---------------------------

This was a lot of fun! And the other repsonses are both really great!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Apologies in advance for depressing anyone.

"Hello?"

‘Mr Kent, this is Alison Warren from Social Services. We have your father in our custody. He was picked up earlier this morning walking down a busy road in his pyjamas.’

"Oh, good, he's safe!"

‘Mr Kent, your father is in no condition to be left on his own any more. I know this is a difficult situation for any family to find themselves in, but Alzheimers is a progressive disease and you need to think carefully about his future care, sooner rather than later. Mr Kent?’

‘You can no longer deny the seriousness of his condition. He needs round the clock supervision. ’

"I know, I know."

‘We’ll keep him here until you or your wife can come and collect him.’

‘However, I still feel the need to impress upon you the gravity of this situation. This cannot be allowed to happen again. Your father’s wandering is not only putting his own life in danger, but possibly the welfare of others as well. ’

"Yeah, no kidding."

‘Then you are also aware that decisions need to be made. You can’t ignore this any longer.’ Her voice softened. ‘This must be incredibly difficult for you,-’

"You've no idea."

‘It’s a heartbreaking condition, Clark. You have my sympathies.’

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Columnist
Columnist
gr8shades, your story was so sad, but still very good. Whenever I think of Jonathan with Alzheimers, it just makes me so sad!

Features Writer
Features Writer
I figured I'd take 15 minutes and see what I could do ... here's what I came up with:

The pasta had long since cooled, the salad wilted, and the candles were more than halfway melted when Clark admitted to himself that the romantic dinner for two he had so painstakingly prepared had become a meal for one. It wasn't supposed to be this way, he thought frustratedly, his frustration evident as his steady gait increasingly became an irritated pace in front of the fireplace.

"Hello?" There was a pause. "Honey, is that you?"

He paused and listened to the unfamiliar voice at the end of the line. "Hello ... I'm looking for … Mr. ... Kent?"

"Speaking," he said abruptly.

"Uh ... Mr. Kent … I was asked to contact you if … the young man Superman asked us to keep an eye out … he's here."

Relief -- and anger -- washed over him, and he fought the urge to say what he was really thinking. Instead, he managed a stilted, "Oh, good, he's safe!"

"The last we saw him, he was prowling around the storage area," the marina manager continued hesitantly. "I don't know if we should approach, or if we should wait for Superman … He's dressed in black, and I don't know if he has a weapon, but I've alerted the guard tower ..."

"He doesn't," Clark said firmly.

"But he's behaving in a manner that suggests he may be … " he continued a bit worriedly. "Did I mention he's prowling around the storage area?"

Clark closed his eyes for a moment. One of these days, he just knew it, he'd be getting a call asking him to come identify the body. "...Yes, I heard you," he managed to say. "Don't worry, he's harmless. Just don't do anything to spook him."

"Superman didn't say anything about calling the authorities, but this is private property …"

He sighed. "I know, I know."

"If you can get down here … I guess I can pretend this never happened."

He let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks, I appreciate that. I'll have ... Superman ... meet me down at the marina."

"Mr. Kent, do you have any idea why Superman asked me to alert him? It's almost like he knew he was going to show up tonight, but he didn't want to be here waiting …" the confused voice trailed off. "It seems rather unorthodox."

"Yeah, no kidding."

"I'll keep an eye out for Superman," he said, a tad more excitedly. "I just hope this guy gets what's coming to him."

"You have no idea."

"Thank you, Mr. Kent."

As he hung up, Clark rolled his eyes. He should have known.

The stash of illegal weapons rumored to be hidden at the docks had been too great a temptation.

As he spun into the suit, he sighed. This was a job for … Super husband.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard