Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
By the way, I saw the French lyrics thread and downloaded your audio file. Your voice is really nice, I think you should read some of your fics for the audiobook section of the archive, I would love to listen to those smile
Aww! thank you! You know, I started recording a story for the archive, once upon a time, but... ah... I have a terrible accent in English, there are words (like "little") that I just can't pronounce properly and... well I didn't think it was good enough, so I never finished it.

I'd be a lot better in French, I suppose. Which, actually, someone had asked me to record some French L&C stories for the archive, but I never managed to get permission from the person who'd written them. I think it was someone who had translated the S5/S6 stories, actually. Never got an answer to my emails. Oh well. *shrugs*

And my back is actually a LOT better today. *yay* I'd jump up and down, but I'm afraid I'll hurt myself. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'd like to hear your voice, too. Where were the audio files? I'm sure us native English speakers would think that your French Canadian accent was quite charming. And I bet you speak far better than *you* think you do.

And I'm sure your accent would be far more delightful to listen to than my 'Howdy' accent would be.

But then when we listen to ourselves, it sounds odd to us because we don't think we sound that way. Did that make sense? I remember Paul once explained that in some technical terms which I now can't remember.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by LaraMoon:
[QUOTE] I have a terrible accent in English, there are words (like "little") that I just can't pronounce properly and... well I didn't think it was good enough, so I never finished it.
Bah! French accents are Smexy! cool

And my back is actually a LOT better today. *yay* I'd jump up and down, but I'm afraid I'll hurt myself. wink
Glad to hear you're feeling better smile

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
oh, it's...um... somewhere in here .

*points and runs away*

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
You sound so different than I expected you to...I like it.

You should give an audio story a try, again. I think it would sound charming. I'll even give you permission to take any of my stories and give it a go.

James, who's muse has decided to extend the deadline again to April 16th.

/me leans over to the muse and threatens him with spiritual harm if he extends it again. razz

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You sound so different than I expected you to...I like it.
I sounded bland as heck on that - I was trying to enunciate properly. In RL, I laugh all the time and my voice is happy and cheerful. Plus... well, if I spoke in English, I'd have an accent, of course.

You should give an audio story a try, again. I think it would sound charming. I'll even give you permission to take any of my stories and give it a go.
You know... I might be convinced to record a couple of my really short ones, but the thing is - I stumble on words and I have to start over and over again before I'm happy, so recording takes forever. smirk Not to mention, I'm not able to read anything without somehow giving it some emotion. I think I probably still have parts of that fic I recorded way back when, I might post a bit to show you. I'm borderline acting it out -- and I don't think that's really right for audio fic, really.

James, who's muse has decided to extend the deadline again to April 16th.
Heee! Kiss him for me! wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm not able to read anything without somehow giving it some emotion.
I think if I'm understanding this correctly that you put emotion into your readings. I think that's how it should be.

To me, the timber and tone of your voice was very much as I expected, but I don't know why. If I hadn't seen your picture, I probably would not have thought your voice would have sounded like it does though. I'd love to hear something in English.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville

Not to mention, I'm not able to read anything without somehow giving it some emotion. I think I probably still have parts of that fic I recorded way back when, I might post a bit to show you. I'm borderline acting it out -- and I don't think that's really right for audio fic, really.
"borderline acting it out"? OK, now you absolutely have to read an audio fic for the benefit of all of us - I just *have* hear this.

Come on, Lara, you know you want to wink

kill a cliché, save a reader
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, the files no longer reside on my hard drive, it seems. I did look for them...

I could always record something else, if you insist?

...oooh, and guess what, I have an entire page of my fic written. (and most of the idea for the rest is in my notebook. Heee!)

Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I could always record something else, if you insist?

...oooh, and guess what, I have an entire page of my fic written. (and most of the idea for the rest is in my notebook. Heee!)
Yes, Lara, *I* for one do insist smile

I'm proud of you for working on your fic.

I still have only two and a half pages (no progress since January 29) and a head full of ideas.

But now that you said you have the ideas for the rest already in your notebook, I've decided to make you my new role model smile

So I'll try and at least write an outline of how I think the story will unfold. Maybe - hopefully! - that will get me started again.

Eva

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is like, totally highjacking the thread now - and I'm sorry. But since you asked me for this... Here you go: Cupid\'s Drop Box

Definitely nothing to get excited about. I stumble and mispronounce over half the words and I seem to get over-enthused about a lot of the sentences... *shrugs*

I'm way better in French, trust me.

Oh and no, I'm not sending this to the archive - no way, no how - and while I know posting it here isn't the right place (re: hijacked thread) I'm actually quite happy to be able to post it here, 'cause I figure less people are likely to see than if I'd stuck that in a new thread someplace else. wink

Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, Lara, I am very sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I have to tell you something and it's serious *puts her solemn, yet compassionate face on*: you are clearly delusional.

But don't worry, delusional disorders are not such a rare condition these days (I've heard there are people out there thinking they can fly and that mixing three primary colours in their suit is a good idea). We'll get you medicated and you'll be well again in no time.

Seriously, that was such a great little audio-fic smile

Your voice is so soft and pleasant and I noticed hardly any stumbling over sentences or mispronunciation ... I absolutely loved this.

And you do not "over-enthuse" at all. As every acting/public speaking coach will tell you: if you don't feel it's too much, it's not enough.

I'm absolutely honest here, no buttering you up: I think your presentation was not "over acted" at all, it was just a very good reading of a sweet little story.

My laundry practically folded itself as I was listening to you smile

I do hope that you will read more stories in the future and also find it in your little, bat-shaped heart to share this with more people (either through a new thread or a submission to the archive, but preferably both smile ).

By the way, if you happen to have anything in French, I would be a thankful taker, too.
Although I would definitely need the script in front of me as my French is deteriorating with every day that goes by - and my listening skills are far inferior to my mediocre reading skills.

Jacques Chirac is the only French person I really understand quite well - every time he was on TV5, I was happy I could actually watch a segment and get what it was about. Too bad he's not Monsieur le Président anymore frown

But to not totally hijack the thread:

I actually made some progress with my crossover fic smile Yay!

I'm now at almost eight pages (okay, I've also only set up the premise, but I strongly feel I'm getting there - at least that's what I'm telling myself wink ).

Lara, thanks again for recording and posting this. I loved it, it was great smile

Mille fois merci,

Eva

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Back to the original topic, I'm happy to see more crossovers posted this week. I'm actually thinking of finishing another crossover that I started last year but never finished. I figure that with all of the postponements I may be able to hit the extended date. Classicalla, Dandello, BJ are you up for another?

Elisabeth

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh and no, I'm not sending this to the archive - no way, no how - and while I know posting it here isn't the right place (re: hijacked thread) I'm actually quite happy to be able to post it here, 'cause I figure less people are likely to see
You might well have thought that and you might well have been right...except that for no reason I can think of I came into the thread and...peekaboo! Caught ya! laugh When it comes to tracking possible submissions for the Archive I have the instincts of a bloodhound, I tells ya.

Listen to Eva. She's talking lots of sense. And the Archive hasn't had a good audiofic - and this was a good audiofic - submitted for way too long.

Consider it, at least? You know it would be welcome. smile

LabRat smile (who agrees that any good audiofic should have some degree of emotion and acting in it...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard