Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So, I am changing a few things and taking a page from LaraMoon
Um? sorry, if that's an expression, it kinda got lost in translation. *shrugs* stupid language barrier!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by LaraMoon:
So, I am changing a few things and taking a page from LaraMoon
Um? sorry, if that's an expression, it kinda got lost in translation. *shrugs* stupid language barrier!
To 'Take a page from' someone or something is to borrow an idea while ascribing credit at the same time. To imitate another's idea. In your case, a fic-a-thon.

Or at least that is my understanding.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'd love to see:

Frasier (but probably only because there's a rerun on right now)
Heroes
the x-files
the secret world of alex mack
quantum leap
3rd rock from the sun

Don't think about the pink elephant... I dare you!

Thanks to Tineke for the avatar
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I forgot, did anyone mention Narbonic ?

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The comment in Honesty made me think. How about Kim Possible.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not to put a damper oan ANY Crossover fics, but Survivor and Amazing Race would not work out for what I have in mind.
Well, Lara was joking, and I already have one in the works, so no worry there.

2. Character(s) from #1 that you are picking.
3. Featured guest LnC character(s) you are going to pair #2 with.
So does this mean that the story has to be set in the 'other' universes rather than the Lois and Clark universe? I'd rather have characters from the 'other' universes visit the Lois and Clark universe.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Well I saw an episode of Dinner: Impossible that took place at Graceland and instantly had Perry floating around in my head [how's that for a stretch?!].

NCIS [my other current fave]
Numb3rs
My Name is Earl [not really sure where that one would go...]
Friends [I did one and had another one percolating but not sure if I remember it or not...]
24 [wouldn't having a Superman around help Jack Bauer out?]
LOST [ditto - well, not Jack Bauer but... wink ]
Any CSI [Lana Lang is in... Miami? I think?]
Without a Trace
Criminal Minds

Just some thoughts - not saying *I* would write them but... wink .
Carol

Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I am fairly new to the boards, but since I find this to be an interesting question, I will answer it anyway.

I cannot really say whether I will be participating in any fic-a-thon or write a story at all, but I will post a "wishlist" of sorts. Some of the shows below have already been mentioned and some may not spring to mind right away, but here goes ...

- The X-Files
(no romance cross-over please wink )

- Coupling UK
(I would love for L&C to spend a London holiday visiting their friend Steve/Susan/etc. whom one of them met during their time abroad - great potential for comic situations and sexy banter)

- Eureka
(I read the challenge here and still hope that someone is secretly working on it; Nathan Stark is so attractive, he would surely bring out Clark's jealousy and possessive streak - which would surely have interesting effects on Lois)

- Wonderfalls
(I know few people saw this, but they really should have - in my opinion it's sweeter, smarter and funnier than Dead Like Me or Pushing Daisies - and has great cross-over potential, e.g. Niagara romance for L&C, comic confusion if Clark could hear the voices pestering Jaye or L&C on assignment in Niagara and an Elvis doll telling Jaye to "get the love-triangle a-rock'n'rolling")

- Men In Trees
(How about the Daily Planet having one of these employee-bonding weekends in Alaska, I would love to bring the quirky people of Elmo together with the quirky people of Metropolis and I always love Perry in a story, he's the greatest)

- Northern Exposure
(see Men in Trees)

- Dr Who
(with Christopher Ecclestone you could even cross-over to his Heroes-self wink )

- Navy CIS
(Oh, the similarities: the pairings of Perry/Jethro, Siva/Lois and Jimmy/McGee would probably get on great - and a lesson or two by womanizing Tony might do Clark the world of good; also, I would like to see Abby coming on to Clark while claiming that this Superguy could really use some black eyeliner and a spiked dog collar ...)

- Black Books
(Okay, this is neither obvious nor would it make more than a vignette, but I would love to read any conversation between Bernhard Black and Lois Lane - her exasperation and smart comebacks would spiral right into madness with his drunk wit and sod-all attitude. I love them both.)

I'm sorry if I totally mis-used and abused this thread and wish you the best of luck with your project, James.

All the best and a happy New Year,

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Classicalla:
2. Character(s) from #1 that you are picking.
3. Featured guest LnC character(s) you are going to pair #2 with.
So does this mean that the story has to be set in the 'other' universes rather than the Lois and Clark universe? I'd rather have characters from the 'other' universes visit the Lois and Clark universe.
Oh Heavens, NO, NO! A thousand times NOOOOO!!!!!

Seriously, I don't care, as long as it is good.

You can bring other characters to the LnC universe or send LnC characters to the other one. (Like I plan to in my story...)

James

Top Banana
Top Banana
This show was very short-lived but was brilliant.

So a crossover with Det Eddie Arlette and Insp Monty Pippin.
(maybe also the dog)

c.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I am fairly new to the boards, but since I find this to be an interesting question, I will answer it anyway.
Oh, there's no order of seniority on this forum, Eva! goofy It's opinions that matter and we don't abuse newbies - we value your contribution no matter how new you are to the playground.

So you can post to your little heart's content, all you wish. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh! Ooh! Twin Peaks! evil

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Angel without the Buffy.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by Eva:

- Navy CIS
(Oh, the similarities: the pairings of Perry/Jethro, Siva/Lois and Jimmy/McGee would probably get on great - and a lesson or two by womanizing Tony might do Clark the world of good; also, I would like to see Abby coming on to Clark while claiming that this Superguy could really use some black eyeliner and a spiked dog collar ...)
As Labby said - we don't beat newbies... normally wink .

However, I may make an exception here!! But only because I couldn't come up with anything good to write after NCIS except that it's my other current fave! While Tony isn't quite the playboy anymore, not after S4, I think he and Clark could do each other some good as he tries to deal with the whole 'one woman man' thing. And yes - Abby would definitely hit on Clark! Maybe Klein would put in an appearance too?! I can see a Ziva/Lois relationship similar to Abby/Ziva when she first came on - cautious, contentious, grudging respect. And McGee and Jimmy - LOVE IT! Now... who matches up with Director Shepard...?

Okay - maybe I won't beat you - unless it's to sign up for the Xover wink . Actually, I just hope it gets written - could be a lot of fun!
Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
Denny Crane and Alan Shore. In the final scene, it's Lois and Clark and Denny Crane and Alan Shore on that balcony. They all light up cigars. Wait, no maybe that's how the story starts.

But does the cigar explode?

c.

Crossovers are so hard to write, though. Difficult enough to get the sense of the characters and feel of the dialogue for one show, let alone two. Am in awe of anyone who was able to write good West Wing fanfic, for example.

Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Labrat, thank you.

It's opinions that matter and we don't abuse newbies - we value your contribution no matter how new you are to the playground.
So I take it, I can use your shovel, too wink

Carol, I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the potential smile

Now... who matches up with Director Shepard...?
How about Leslie Luckabee?
Or if the fic takes place in season 1, you could even set her up with Lex (and spare Lois) ...

Decisions, decisions.

Regarding Tony: if the fic were to be set in NCIS season 1, you could play with the similarities between Tony/Kate and Clark/Lois while still having all that womanizing Tony (Tony and Clark both remind me of puppy dogs sometimes, btw) - could also be fun smile

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
Blogger
Blogger
Ohhhh... what about Bones? I can see Booth/Clark going head to head with Bones/Lois...

Here…poke that.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
oooo Bones! How could I forget Bones?!

Eh - you can play fast and loose with seasons as far as NCIS goes:). It's not like a grown up Lois and Clark would be hanging out with the Jeffersons [oo - a Jeffersons Xover - with a Season's Greedings setting? That could be fun but I have not a clue when I last saw an ep of the Jeffersons /me hums "Movin' on up..."].

You're right though - a S1 NCIS [or even S3 when Ziva first arrives] with an S1/2 Lois and Clark could be fun... smile .
Carol [who is also reminded of puppy dogs]

Features Writer
Features Writer
I am a little amazed that Firefly hasn't been mentioned. Yeah, I know Firefly's way into the future and they never had a chance for a time travel episode but for me it would be neat to see how Lois and Clark could intermingle with that crew.

I think Scrubs is a good candidate for a comedy factor. I can see a flash to the Janitor telling Lois and Clark a huge lie about how he used to be a reporter and if JD overheard, then he'd have this introspective daydream about the Janitor using his reporter skills to get some action, but then Turk would cut in by offering some beers and Elliot would get all paranoid about her eyebrows...

Not remembering where I was going with that, but Dr. Cox would figure everything out I'm sure...

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard