Print Thread
#132432 10/14/07 07:54 AM
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Possibly aka another crazy idea of mine? We shall see. We all know and love the fact that there are many togom fan fic's, awesome rewrites of the hideous clone arc that we all know those L and C writers must have been CRAZY for coming up with, and so forth. But what about lesser "celebrated eps?" I had the thought that perhaps after we finish our current game of "Guess the Author" maybe we could start a new one of sorts.

Here's what I was thinking, first off all we'd need an even number of folcs to participate. Then myself and or whoever else wanted to help would write down half of the names on a piece of paper and number them. Then we'd take 4 scraps of paper and write S1, S2, S3, and S4 on them. With me so far? smile Separately since each season had 22 episodes in it we'd you got it, write down #'s 1-22 on little scraps of paper and put them all in the proverbial hat or maybe for us cape? ; smile Once all that writing is down it's time to start drawing and matching people up. We'd first pick from the 4 season piles. Say I picked the piece of paper on which season 2 was written. You know what let me make up a pretend list it'll be easier (for me to explain)

Solely to make this easier for both you reading me typing to undertsanding let's pretend that the following people were interested in playing. I hope none of you mind my using your name as an example, completely who I can remember at this very moment!

1. Sue
2. gra8shadesofelvis
3. Laura

Okay. so to start, I would pick the season that Sue andher later partner would be writing from. So I said I drew season 2 and then went on to pick, episode 11. (I have no clue btw what that is right now just thought 11). Okay I looked it's Chi of Steel. Thus that would be Sue's episode to change, rewrite altogether or create a fic out of however she and whoever pleased. So then I'd do the same thing for gra8shades and Laura.

The other 3 people let's say are Lab Rat, TOC, and myself. I'd use the 1-3 pieces of paper of episodes numbers to figure out who gets paired up with whom. That way it is all completely random and perhaps all of us get to either make a new folc friend or reaquaint ourselves with an old one.

Anyone want to try?

Mona

#132433 10/16/07 05:47 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
WOW! You get praises just for thinking of something like that. As a reader I'd love to see some of my fav fic writers take part in something like this. I could read about eps that may not usually get written that much about and I get to see two people write together that migh not have normally done so. Plus I just get more fanfic which is always a good thing laugh .

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
#132434 10/16/07 06:35 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm really not sure I'm following very well... but.... this being said, I'd throw my name in for just about any sort of challenge on these boards. laugh They all sound like fun to me -- just another excuse to write something.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#132435 10/16/07 07:13 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Count me in too.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#132436 10/16/07 10:31 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oooh I'll throw my name in, as well.

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#132437 10/16/07 10:48 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Me too! And you don't have to wait until Guess the Author's over on my account, if you want, but it might be easier if you did. Or you could just start submissions now, or however you're planning on doing this. But don't worry about stepping on my toes if you want to start it soon.

But yes, count me in.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#132438 10/16/07 11:21 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Hey, against my muse's protests, I'll join the club too. Sounds like fun!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#132439 10/16/07 12:09 PM
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Lol, thanks datchickukindaknow. My memory of most of the episodes is not much of one as I have not seen L and C since it was originally aired save for I THINK a tape of Season's Greedings. I just adore L and C fan fic and figured this might be a fun way to get some new ones going as well as like you said some new authors teamed up.

LaraMoon, sorry for the confusion! I re-read my description and blatantly saw the results of my failure to edit the post. Sorry guys. peep
Let me try to clarify and hope this helps.

Lois and Clark aired for 4 years, each season consisting of 22 episodes. Thank you, script archive for informing me of this. smile

The idea was to first jot down S1, S2, S3, and S4 on 4 scraps of paper to represent each season. (S=Season) Then, putting those papers aside, writing the numbers 1-22 on 22 separate scraps of paper. With me?

Onto, the tricky and confusing even for me part! So far 5 folcs have signed up to participate, plus me that makes 6. So if this were everybody and I hope it isn't, I'd write down the first 3 people who signed up and they are, drum roll, lol,

1 LaraMoon
2 Dandello
3 Catherine Bruce

So, putting the 4 pieces of paper that each represent a season of L and C into a hat, I pick one. And for pretend I have drawn a 4. Thus, my fellow folc Lara, you and your yet to be assigned partner will be re-writing a fic from season 4.

Second step is to of course pick the episode. Putting my hand in the pretend hat, I draw...a 3. Hey 3 has always been my "lucky number!" And that is..."Swear to God.." So now we know your episode.

I then pick the same way for both Dandello and Catherine Bruce.

Then, let the matching up of authors begin! The other three partipants are Laura S, Symbolic Angel, and Me. Since there are 3 of us, that makes it easy to just use the scraps of paper numbered with 1, 2, or 3. Anyway, I'm picking for Laura first and the paper reads...a 2. So Laura has just been paired up with Dandello to rewrite whatever episode was chosen for Dandello.

This sure confused and tired me out so I hope it is now clearer to everyone. smile

Laura, I hope to never step on your or any other fellow folcs toes. Definitely not my style. smile Thanks though for what you said. And I agree that it would be easier to have sign ups now and then start the picking and matching after the guess the author game has finished. So how about from now through Halloween, make it easy to remember, people can sign up. On Nov 1st, I'll start and again I would really appreciate especially if this game should grow in numbers, is someone wants to help, figuring out who writes what and with whom.

Sound all right? Of course any ideas or suggestions are most welcome!

Mona

#132440 10/16/07 01:00 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I'd like to participate smile . If you need help pairing folcs up, let me know. smile
Carol

#132441 10/16/07 06:47 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
This sounds like fun, but, since I have practically zero experience writing anything but action on the part of the characters, or parodies, I believe I'd be more of a beta-reader/muse. I don't think I could really write anything with any length. If someone wants to pair with me knowing that, I'm game. But I'd need a lot of help to actually write anything.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#132442 10/17/07 07:19 AM
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Thanks, Carol. smile Woody, of course you are welcome to participate if you'd like! Remember I don't exactly have much specific memory on most of the episodes save for fan fics about them or descriptions so yeah please join in the game.

Mona

#132443 10/17/07 12:27 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, I do remember the episodes pretty well as I read the scripts for them. There's a link for that right off the home page. Sign me up, then. I trust the other participants to produce something great, and therefore by teaming with them, my meager attempts will become increasingly better.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#132444 10/17/07 01:00 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
See Woody - I think that's part of the point smile . I'm horrid at action and generally put something like "several minutes later, the bad guys were tied up, the kryptonite was in a lead lined case on it's way to the sun and lois and clark were looking pleased with themselves". That's when I have an A plot of any kind.

However, I like to think I can write some decent revelations and/or comedy so together, in theory, we could have an action packed comedic revelation smile .

Carol [who is typing one handed hence the only sometimes caps and who should be getting her new computer tonight - if tornadoes don't hit sw missouri - well some have already hit but not near me but more are coming... okay by not near i mean like 30-35 miles so close - in my county even, but I'm on the far southwest border and the tornado reports are in the far northeast section]

#132445 10/18/07 02:49 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooh, this sounds like fun, count me in. I just hope I can handle this *and* NaNoWriMo.

There's just one little problem... Series 1 has 21 episodes. So unless you count the Pilot as two episodes there *is no* episode 22.

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
#132446 10/18/07 03:38 PM
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Carol, I love your summation! I am definitely with you in that I am not one for prolonged action or villian type scenes. Much prefer stories that center around waffy moments, Revelations, pregancy or "super" problems that aren't due to some lunatic such as in the fic I am working on now where Superman is seen comforting Martha.

Thanks, Sammy. smile Join on in. We are now up to 9. Maybe in the next couple weeks we can round up even more folcs and at least get covered a 1/4 of the eps out there that would be very cool. In any case, I am looking forward to it.

Mona

#132447 10/24/07 11:03 AM
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
I wanted to move this up a little so that folcs who may not have signed up yet can. So far, we have these 8 folcs plus myself participating:

1. LaraMoon
2. Dandello
3. Catherine Bruce
4. Laura S
5. Symbolic Angel
6. Carol M.
7. Woody
8. Sammy Sparrow

Can just *1* more folc sign up so we can have an even number? I'll share with you some of LabRat's chocolate! wink Sorry, Labbie, couldn't resist. You did get all of us very (meanly :)but well!

A few more days and then we can begin?

Mona

#132448 10/25/07 06:59 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I'm looking forward to it! I hope more people sign up. smile

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard