Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#132367 09/27/07 07:19 AM
rkn Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Looking for someone with the inspiration to work with me to finish this story or give me some ideas of how to finish it up. More a co-writer than a beta reader. Must get Lois and Clark back together, since we all know they belong together, though before or after the birth I don't really care. I need to concentrate on my classes and this story keeps interfering!

I'll post some tidbits to hopefully intrigue you.

1. Lois glanced over at Clark. He had the biggest smile on his face. He was so proud of his children. He hadn’t been the perfect father. Superman had kept him away more often than he liked. But he had done his best to be at every school play, music recital, ball game, though he had probably missed more than he had made. Amazingly, the twins seemed okay with that. No, it had been Lois who had attended every event to support her children, had taken them to ballet and soccer as children and then supported them in basketball and football in junior high and into high school. And she didn’t regret it. She didn’t.

2. Lois sat soaking in the whirlpool tub. She had done it. She was a reporter again. It felt. . . great.

“Lois!” Uh oh. Clark did not sound happy. He burst into the bathroom, splintering the door since he did not bother to turn the knob.

“Exactly what is going on? Since when do I find out from office gossip that my wife quit her job?”

“I didn’t exactly quit my job.”

“Oh? So you are still editor of the Daily Planet?”

“I’m still working for the Daily Planet.”

“Don’t you think you owed it to me to discuss it with me?”

Suddenly Lois was incensed. “I tried, Clark. But you were always too busy. I took the editorial position because the kids needed one parent that could always be there for them. Well, the kids are grown now and I want to get back to my career.”

“So you’re saying that me and the kids kept you from being a world famous reporter! Well, sor-ry!”

“I never said that! I just said that I wanted to go back to reporting.”

“Lois, you’re forty-eight years old-”

“So are you!”

“But I’m Superman.”

“Are you seriously telling me I’m too old to be a good reporter!”

3. Lois struggled against her bonds as the sweat and the tears slid down her face. She had come to Irrat to spend two weeks getting a few quotes from the natives. To write a great story. After that first fight, they could hardly speak to each other without arguing. So before she had left Metropolis she filed the divorce papers in a stupid need to assert her independence. She twisted her hands again trying to free them. She should have never agreed to a meeting with the leader, but she had been greedy to get the story. She knew in her gut that this would be the one that would get her that Pulitzer.

“Need help with that?” a familiar voice asked from behind her.

4. She discovered the touch of his hand on the small of her back still made her tingle. The brush of his hips against hers still sent a wave of desire flooding through her. And the sight of him in a tux still made her want to tear his clothes off him and make love to him until they were both exhausted.

It started with an invitation to dance, but it hadn’t stopped there. As they danced their bodies moved closer and closer together, remembering. She hadn’t been with anyone since their divorce. A piece of paper meant nothing. Clark was her husband, would always be her husband. The vows they had given each other usurped any they had spoken on their wedding day, “In my heart, I’m your husband,” “and I’m your wife.”

5. It was blue. The stupid line on the stick was blue. How had that happened? Okay, she knew how that had happened, but she and Clark had been married for twenty years and only conceived once.

Intrigued? I wouldn't even mind if there were more than one co-writer. I just don't know how I'm going to wrap this one up and don't wnat to spend a lot of time figuring it out. LOL

thanks!

rkn
Merriwether
Merriwether
Absolutely fascinating. Oh, how I wish for the ability to write the conversations, the introspection as well as so many others. I do hope someone takes this up. (And possibly an nfic part in there?)

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard