Next Thread
Print Thread
#132238 08/26/07 06:55 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
TOGOM stock beginning. In shock and grief Lois shut down on her feelings, she locks them away and most of her memories of Clark as well.

She doesn't recall meeting the Kents, because Clark was there and it is too painful, so she locked all the memories away.

To one and all she seems to be doing too well. The only clue to an outside observer would be the odd gaps in her memory.

Clark flies back to tell her but when he arrives as Superman he is met with a calm cool controlled Lois Lane.

She is treating Clark's death the way she always has treated every story.

Confused, and very hurt, by Lois's reaction he simply helps find the clones and stands back as Lois Lane writes the story.

Lois did, that first night, stop Perry from printing a Clark Kent story. She pointed out the lack of proof that Kent was dead.

At first Perry agreed because he felt Lois could not take that headline. Later there seemed no point it was old news.

Henderson took the case from Wolfe and kept it out of the clones's trials.

Martha hearing of Lois's lack of reaction and refusal to allow the story thinks Lois Lane already knew Clark was Superman. Clark disagrees with the theory based on his interactions with Lois as Superman.

A short time later Lois Lane is dating "Call me Daniel" and Clark as Superman moves away from Metropolis.

Lois goes through another series of "Federal disasters".

Four years have passed and Perry dies of ALS, just about the time that Lois's most recent ex-boy-friend dies in an major mva.

Perry's death has cracked Lois wide open being unable to stuff or lock away anymore grief she falls apart.

Clark worries when Lois Lane's byline disappears from the Daily Planet.

He checks on her but everyone believes her grief is caused by the combination of Perry's death and most recent ex-boy-friend death.

Lois Lane takes time off work, she can afford it by now, she has written several novels and her backlist is selling well.

Her grief over Perry and still buried grief over Clark cause her to take some time to "find herself". She sets out on a round the world tour. and without consciously knowing it she begins to visit anyplace Clark ever told her about.

Framework4
#132239 08/27/07 01:18 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Oh, wow! That's a dynamite plot bunny, Patrick! I wish I had the time to tackle it, but right now I just don't. But maybe someone else will, preferably someone who's a high-ranking angst adept. I know I'll check it out!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#132240 03/15/09 08:15 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
bump

Framework4
#132241 02/15/12 12:51 PM
F
Kerth