ignoredsins, I like yours, too!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Enjoy.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“They want to execute my wife, Perry.”

Clark’s mournful words shot straight through Perry’s heart and he dropped his gaze in sorrow. No matter how many times he went over it, he couldn’t remember testifying. Even if she was guilty, he would never do that to her. She was like a daughter to him.

His muttered platitudes sounded weak to his own ears as he struggled again to find an explanation. Clark believed him, but would it save Lois? Trudging back to his office, he fervently hoped that his best investigate reporters could somehow clear her name before it was too late.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
BJ

Top Banana
Top Banana
Woohoo! I'm back(ish)! And to help me get back into the swing of things here, I've decided to write stories for the last 5 drabble challenges (which I didn't do before). Here's my attempt at this one. It's 83 words:

No military organization would ever understand their language of glances, facial expressions and gestures, but it worked for them. Sneaking about in places where even her whispers to him could be heard by unfriendlies and call unwanted attention to their nocturnal, only somewhat-legal activities, this otherwise-incomprehensible code of theirs came in handy. A nod here, an eyebrow lift there—maybe even a silent raspberry (with an eye roll in reply)—and he effectively told her there was no imminent interception in her path.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Kerth
Kerth
Nice to have you back, Darcy! Woohooo!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good to be back.

By the way, did you change your screen name while I was gone? I can't quite remember.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard