Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hehehe... I couldn't resist:

---Smooth---
Standing in front of the mirror a man mourned the loss of his hair.

“Don't just stand there shave it off!”

He winced as he remembered the words he had shouted at Gretchen in a fit of rage. What he had really wanted to say was, “Fix this!” but even he knew that was impossible. No this was much better than watching it slowly fall out in patches. Running a hand over his smooth head, he smiled. It did make him look rather evil. Maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

“Like a Phoenix from the ashes, Lex Luthor lives!”

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, here's mine.

~~~~~

Smooth

Clark smiled as he looked over at his very tired, now sleeping wife. What a wonderful day this had been. The last few months had been so long - so hard. But now it was over.

Or was it just beginning? He decided it was just beginning.

He looked over at their newborn son lying quietly in the bassinette. He remembered Lois examining every finger and every toe... and her comment that his bottom really was smooth. “Smooth as a baby’s bottom,” she’d said. Clark smiled. It was definitely just beginning.

~~~~~

I love the title, Barbara. Great drabble. It’s an interesting idea - kill the bad guy when he’s a baby - or not.

Oh, Catherine... er, Mayson, I loved the bit about the boots. I think there’s no help (or improvement) for boots skidding across pavement.

Ah, Symbolic, that was so sad - so sweet.

Jessi, I loved that! It made me smile.

Well, Wendy, I’ve already commented. Are you sure we can’t entice you back to LnC?

Very nice, Darcy, but I’m not sure I know what a zamboni is.

Well, Catherine, I’m not quite sure I understood the ending to the second one... Duh... But up till where I got lost, I really liked it. But I did notice the time you posted it... All the water and all, you know...

Ah, Dandello, I loved the bit about baby Clark.

Ooh, JoJo, I loved the Phoenix bit.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice, Darcy, but I’m not sure I know what a zamboni is.
A zamboni is that big machine they drive out onto the ice in skating rinks that makes it all smooth again--it's an ice rink resurfacer.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I love all of these, they are so original!

Here's mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--Learning--

The glass was smooth and cool between my fingers. I studied my reflection on the mirrored surface, having second thoughts. But I had to do it. How else would I know?

I pressed the sharp edge against the skin of the inside of my arm, just below my elbow, and hesitantly slid it across. There wasn’t even a faint mark or whisper of pain. I tried again with more force and watched in wonder as the glass shattered and rained fine pieces down onto the soft earth.

My mother’s voice floated over the field and I headed home for dinner.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've really enjoyed all of your drabbles. Thanks for sharing.

After 'smooth' rumbled around in my head for about a week, this drabble finally fell out. laugh

~~~~~
Clark’s eyes slid over the casing as he inspected the illuminated, continental borders. No cracks or seals were visible, even when using telescopic vision, but there must be a way inside. It had called to him, beckoning from under the dusty tarp and one word reverberated through his mind.

Krypton. He was from the planet Krypton.

Please, he begged. Locked within the smooth surface were the answers he desired, but the now-dark globe remained stubbornly silent. As footsteps approached, he gave it another yearning glance before pocketing the globe and covering the ship.

The answers would have to wait.
~~~~~
BJ

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Smooth
By Nancy V. Sont

“Well, I headed to return the video…and on the way I…ran into Superman. He took me along with him to the volcano. I guess I wasn’t looking where I was going because my shoes got stuck in the mudflow. When he saw I was barefoot he offered to let me wear his boots, since his feet are invulnerable anyway.”

Lois scowled at the dirty red boots showing under Clark’s pant legs.

“Anyway, I got the story!”

He turned to pick up his laptop.

Lois eyed the ripped trousers. “Red underwear, Clark?”

He rolled his eyes…*Smooth Kent!*

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard