Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I have looked for something like this but have not found it yet so I am assuming no one has written it. Well except for one person and it ended too soon. We need more stories along this premise.

The almost first date was such a good scene - why not get them together then - up the suspense and drag it out a bit but make something happen in that scene when they fall on each other on the sofa or he carries her to bed or they see each other undressing.

Please someone put me out of my misery. I have been dying for something to actually happen ever since I first watched that episode.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting idea, little tornado. Very interesting idea. *Dreamy sigh*

I loved their almost first date as well, their was so much tension between them. Yeah, someone should go for it. And possibly without the restrictions of the gfic section? Huh? blush

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Top Banana
Top Banana
And possibly without the restrictions of the gfic section? Huh?
I second that!!!

Wait? Who said that?
wink

But didn't someone actually do this kind of? One of the nfic round robins? oh yes, here it is, The Phoenix Reborn, on annesplace. But that could be the one you said ended too quickly. Lol. In that case, I still second the notion.

Laura

(who's beginning to see why Lois Lane hates covering dogshows. *grumbles and tries to get past the embarrassing dog show reporter stigma*)

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay. You talked me into it. I'm not sure what justice I can do to it. We'll see. But since I was waiting for Sue to proof and add her scenes to the next part of 50 First - I decided to write a little vignette for this scene...

And without the restrictions of the gfic folder.

It's not done yet. I've got about 5 pages. I'll want Sue to proof it for me before I post, but hopefully I can get it posted sometime today.

C-ya!

-- DJ

***EDITED*** Today? Hah! Today! Ugh! What was I thinking??? No, sorry, it won't be today. Maybe not tomorrow either - but I am working on it and I do have like 7 or 8 pages.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Barbara, after seeing what you did with your Date For One, I would just love seeing you write it! That combination of incredible sexiness and sweetest tenderness was - oh, wow.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Talk about seduction Ann. You know that it's hard to resist you, Ann, don't you?

Flatter me and make me unable to resist the challenge. Bad Girl! Bad, bad Girl. I gotta get another carpet!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay DJ! If you're on board, I'm definitely waiting in line to read it. Might have to shove some screaming fans out of the way though. wink

And Barbara--I loved Date for One. I haven't left feedback on it yet, but I still need to read chapter 3. I'd love it if you took up the challenge. Come on, you could do it so well!

Laura

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Huh, Laura? But you did leave feedback on Date for One part 3. Or did the tone of my skin affect my eyes as well? Don't know.

Okay, I get myself a new carpet and wear things that won't interfere with the colours of my face and give it a try. Doesn't mean you are going to get something. If my muse is too shy, she is too shy.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmm.. Maybe I did. God, i'm going crazy and it's only mid morning yet.

*cringes in embarrassment and hides*

T
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I have to admit my primary motivation to get on the boards after spending years lurking on both the archives was to post this challenge because I wanted to know what the possibilities were.

Bakasi: G fic or N fic is fine with me. I am happy with it ending with a kiss or getting angsty as long as they gave into what they were feeling a little bit or we saw a little more of the suspense and as long as it continued for as long as possible. I am equally happy with horizontal lambadas and physical fireworks as well. I think one should drag it out though because no one likes it to be tossed at you too quick. (Hence why they should have hooked up in Season 4 not Season 2 INMHO). And thanks for taking up the challenge.

Laura: Thank you for the support (and the laughs). I think I remember reading the Phoenix Reborn - good but didn't quite give me exactly what I was looking for. So many possibilities. She hears him popping the cork/he asks why she spilt the champagne/she can't stop staring at his shirt/he doesn't burn the lightbulb out/she kisses him/ we see the missing bits between him changing and her holding her stomach (I felt very let down by that bit). I have never written anything remotely like N fic though - well ok I have written sexy things but no N fic.

MetroRhodes: Thank you so much - I didn't think people would take me up on this. And now I am getting greedy - I want lots of people to try it out. I am dying to read all the different angles people are trying on this. And I glad you're doing one - I can't wait! *Thrilled to bits*

TOC: Please keep nagging Barbara to write one. I am glad you think this is a worthwhile challenge. I didn't want it to be rejected because it might have been done already.

Thanks again, I didn't expect people to take me up on this one and I offer my BR and editing services freely. tornado.little@gmail.com

The Little Tornado

Marisa Wikramanayake
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Love the idea and love that DJ is going to write it.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
There's a fic on the nfic archive that is about the almost first date. I can't remember it off the top of my head though. But I am intrigued by the almost first date idea as it is one of those episodes where the tension and chemistry is so evident.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
T
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Crazy Babe: Did Australia beat the Netherlands? I am out of the loop with no cable.

If you are intrigued take up the challenge - I don't mind how many people try their hand at it.

Thanks,

The (Very Sleepy and Hungry) Little Tornado.

Marisa Wikramanayake
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
New DJ nfic! Woohoo! [Linked Image]

Phoenix is one of my favorite episodes in season 2. I'd love any rewriting of it. If Bakasi decide to give it a try, better yet. smile1

[Linked Image] Little Tornado. Thank you for setting up the challenge and thank you DJ, Barbara and whoever takes it up. notworthy

Andreia smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh great! See what I went and did? I went and opened my big fat mouth...

Ugh...

I tried to write this as nfic - honestly I did... I had a bunch of build up to it... I even wrote the actual scene... but I just wasn't happy with it. It just didn't want to work. So I cut a bunch out, close my eyes, and let my muse speak to me...

Unfortunately, she refused to go the way of "n".

<shrug>

So I went back and PGified the "little stuff"... now I'm worried...

I guess I'll just wait and see what Sue has to say. <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
DJ, I love your nfics, but I'll take whatever you write. Gfic or nfic, your stories are great. notworthy Let's wait for queen's verdict. smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That would really make a great story. smile If I wasn't already stuck with a blizzard on my hands, I might think about doing something with that. Maybe next time.

However, I'm kinda doing the happy dance about DJ trying to write another nfic, here. The Queen won't let her apprentice down, I'm sure - she'll find a way to spice up what you g-efied. *lol* ...and I am totally jealous that you can write 5 to 7 pages *that fast*. I can sit there all day and write two pages in all... Of course, last November, I did have at least one weekend when I wrote 12,000 words. *lol* I wish I could get that momentum back - the ideas just fell onto the page and, what do you know, somehow it turned into a story that got nominated for 2 Kerth awards. Imagine that... Eh.

I'll be looking forward to these stories now, you know. So get busy, people! wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Kerth
Kerth
It's my turn to stump for DJ!

I sent the story back to DJ this morning. And it's yummy!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay - the PG version has been posted "An Almost First Date". smile

<DJ bows and scrapes before her Queen - thank you Sue - you are a jewel>

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I'm almost sure that I'll give up on writing this piece. Doesn't make much sense to force my muse to write something she doesn't seem to like so much.

But I guess DJ did a great job with it. I can go off to read it, sorry for not doing it earlier. But as long as I was writing too I thought it would be better to not know your version.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard