Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Kerth
Kerth
Yes, it's sweet. I'd have liked it more with an additional (and very rapid) heart-beat coming from her womb, though...
[Linked Image]

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice, Barbara. Your 'Midnight' story could fit in very easily with Serendipitous Infinity (in a few chapters).

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Columnist
Columnist
Well, I took a stab at it. A couple stabs, actually. I've got a couple companion pieces here. Just a slight difference in the writing, but I hope the feeling is changed a lot.

---Midnight #1---

The cape, once bright and proud, lay in soiled tatters in the corner. What was once a symbol of Truth, of Justice, and – most of all – of Hope, now held nothing but memories of disaster and failure. Truth was no longer resplendent. Truth was screams of terror, cries of despair, the vacant stares of the dead. There had been no justice tonight. The young, the elderly, the innocent – none of them had been spared from the abyss of loss and death. Hope was lost here in the dark of his bedroom, alone with the knowledge he could never do enough.

---Midnight #2---

The cape, once bright and proud, lay in soiled tatters in the corner. What was once a symbol of Truth, of Justice, and – most of all – of Hope, now held nothing but memories of disaster and failure. Truth was no longer resplendent. Truth was screams of terror, cries of despair, the vacant stares of the dead. There had been no justice tonight. The young, the elderly, the innocent – none had been spared from the abyss of loss and death. Hope would be found in the dark of his bedroom, with the woman who believed whatever he could do was enough.

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Kerth
Kerth
Wow! What a difference! I wouldn't have believed it possible. clap

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh! Jessi - that's so... wow! I like the second a lot more, but they're really wonderful, both of them!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Okay first off... Do you guys want these every week or just once every 2 weeks? I want to make sure everyone has enough time to join in on these. ^_~

Lara: I loved it! You did such a good job expressing so much with only a few words. ^_^

Olympe: Loved the play on words. smile Nicely done

Classicalla: Ohh, nice one. I like your take on this one. It was neat to see him experience midnight in each city. I liked it. ^_^

bakasi: Oh nice!! I'm of the same opinion as Olympe. I'd have loved it if there was a baby's heart beat in there as well. smile So cute!

Jessi: Wow, you really did this challenge justice. I loved it and the very poetic way you presented it. ^_^

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Columnist
Columnist
blush Thank you, I'm glad you all liked it.

I don't know if I can post feedback for all the ones before me, but I've read and loved them all. Great job, everyone!

Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay first off... Do you guys want these every week or just once every 2 weeks?
I'd say once a week - if you make it so it's every Friday, that would be cool! You know, fixed schedule.. so we'd all remember to come back. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Okay, deal! I'll post them up every Friday then. ^_~ I have a nice little list so we should be set until people get sick of them. laugh

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I liked your two different takes, Jessi.

Classicalla: Ohh, nice one. I like your take on this one. It was neat to see him experience midnight in each city. I liked it. ^_^
Thanks, JoJo! You made my day!

I like the once a week idea!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Okay, Midnight as you would rather have it.

***Midnight***the second

He couldn’t sleep, but he didn’t mind. Actually it was a nice way of being sleepless, the nicest imaginable. He couldn’t get enough of the faint sound that was filling the bedroom only for his ears. The faint but rapid heart beat resounded in his lovely wife. It was too quick to count and almost too quick to notice its unsteady rhythm, unlike the much slower and steadier heart beat of Lois. But the flimsy heart continued its work and filled a new little being with life. He drank in every second of it, knowing that this was just for him.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Once more, I _love_ the drabble idea. Cannot wait for what Jojo has in store for us on Friday. That said on to comments

bakasi- the first one was sweet, I liked the focus on the kisses. I think the heartbeat thing lends itself quite well to some cute pregnancy moments, so when others asked I could see why. I can't say I liked one more than the other though. smile

Cape Fetish- Yum. The cape is all the more heart wrenching for all the omissions--all the 'failures' it carries. You can totally feel the heaviness of having to carry the burden of so much suffering and pain. Amazing though, how the last lines in the second make such a huge difference.

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Kerth
Kerth
Thank you, Barbara! This one is so... hmmmm. It makes me melt. [Linked Image]

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm busy enough right now trying to catch up on all the posts from the last week I've been absent from the boards. But next week, I might just try my hand at a drabble. smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Since they blocked this site at work, I haven't been able to check it as often as I'd like, but I couldn't resist trying one. It's based on my story "Tales from the Krypt" available on the archive (shameless plug!)...

Midnight

Since gaining her powers, she found that she just didn't need to sleep as much anymore. Instead, she prefered to fly. Sometimes an updraft would cause her to lose her balance, but only for a moment and then she would be off at full speed. She smiled, a big toothy grin, as she did loop-de-loops in midair, sure because of the late hour that no one was watching. 13-year-old Bobby Kent knew that his big sister would be really pissed to know that he knew this secret that she's been keeping for the last three years, she'd get over it!

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
By the way, I loved reading everyone else's too!!

thumbsup

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, I wrote one! It's 97 words:

He flew through the black midnight blanket of stars, insecure in his ability to stop the leviathan that threatened his adopted home. Another twenty minutes passed, and he brought the air tank to his face just before oxygen deprivation could blacken his vision. Up ahead, the asteroid came into his sight and he poured on the speed, faster, as fast as he could make himself go in the nearly frictionless almost-void. He thrust his fists in front of him, aiming for the target he had been drilled on back home. Impact! And his world became another midnight.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very nice, Darcy! Very nice.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Nancy! I'm glad you liked it.

Darcy\'s Place
Top Banana
Top Banana
Finally got back to do the first one: (just found some boo-boos and edited them)

Midnight – when a city that never sleeps takes a nap. He listened to his city from his perch beneath a globe atop a building he knew as well as his own apartment. His city. Was it presumptuous to call it that? He wasn’t sure. The newspaper published in the building below called him their favorite son, the Man of Steel. A reporter at that same paper named him Superman. Was that presumptuous as well?

Midnight – when thoughts of the city below and all the people of Earth worried his mind.

Sirens. A new day. Time to get back to work.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard