Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'd love to see this idea become a fanfic!

Caroline, I'd like to see your fanfic too. smile1

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Still hopeful Someone will write this one.

Originally posted by Caroline:
I apologize! I made a start on this story back when I said I was going to give it a try, and then I took a break from writing for a bit so that I could do some Kerth reading. I'm all caught up with that now, though, and started back to work on the "Guy Rule #1" story this morning smile

I still can't say when it will be ready to post, but it's in the works, and I'm delighted to see that there's still some interest. It's a great idea, Patrick, and lots of fun to play with. Thank you for sharing it!

Best,

Caroline

Framework4
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't wait to read it!!

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Caroline:

Are you going to post this story? Have I missed it? <<? >>? vv? ^^? Has it not come to pass?

It's very tempting to say I want to try my hand at this....

... but I would love to read Caroline's version first!!

The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
bump

Framework4
Kerth
Kerth
Really do wanna see this story, somebody... it seems its been five long years since the suggestion... Anyone? Anyone?
wink

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting premise. Could work with Jimmy telling Lois about the guy rule too. wink

Unfortunately, my muse has bitten off more than she can chew at the moment. But I'll file away the plot bunny for the future, just in case.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Big bada bump.

Shallowford
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ahhhh--this does sound like an interesting idea! Keep bumpin' it up till it gets a taker thumbsup

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
Top Banana
I do have a finished fic which involves Lois trying to set up Clark on a series of dates. It's not for the reason of freeing up Superman though. There's an entirely different reason.

I will be posting this on the boards some time in the new year but, even though it's finished, there are still some major changes that I need to do and I've promised myself to finish other stuff first too.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sounds good--will look forward to reading in the new year hyper

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aha! That ought to be a lot of fun to read next year! clap

Post as soon as all the major edits/problems are solved.

Sigh, back to work....

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
bump

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
While the impetus for the story is different, the story the Wedding Pact by Katherine Kent (Victoria) has many of the plot elements you mentioned here particularly the reaction of Lois to the girls SHE sets him up with not to mention his reaction to being setup. If you haven't read it you should.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Fairly early in Wrong Clark, Lois suggests to Clark that he should pretend to be her boyfriend to boost his career and as a cover for the relationship she wants with Superman (and suspects Superman wants with her). Clark tells her no and tells her that Superman will say the same. (Lois doesn't believe him.) After Superman tells her that they can't have a relationship, she accuses Clark of using the guy code to keep her and Superman apart.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Originally Posted by Framework4 on February 19, 2007
Folks,

Has anyone ever written a story wherein someone tells Lois that of course Superman would NEVER think of dating her?

After all Clark is one of his best friends and everybody can see how hung up on Lois Clark is, including Superman.

So someone points out to Lois that is isn't just that is is not safe for someone to date Superman,

and it is not just that Superman can't have a public relationship with anyone,

Rather it is that Lois is off limits because of Clark.

I can just picture Cat or Mayson running into the Kent's mine Lane attitude telling her

"Lois, you should be the one trying to set Kent up with someone! After all Superman's not going to break the universal guy rules. As long as Clark is interested in you, you're off limits to Superman!"

So how would Lois react to this idea?

Would she rant on at Clark? Or would she start trying to set him up with women? Perhaps becoming very jealous of the very women she sets him up with?

Picture poor Clark trying to figure it all out as Lois pushes one beautiful sexy woman after another at Clark.

Some of the women are going to tell Lois to give it up.

"Lois, I don't what's gotten in to you lately, but it's clear to me that Kent is head over heels in love with you!"

and another date

"Lois, when did I become the enemy? I did you a favor. You asked me to go out with Kent. Yet when I do have one, just one date, with the man you act like I'm stabbing you in the back. As if he and I are sneaking around cheating on you!"

and yet another

"God Lane what's with you? You're the one who said 'wear burgundy, Clark loves burgundy". And 'show a little cleavage' you said..."

Originally Posted by LMA on December 10, 2013
Ahhhh--this does sound like an interesting idea! Keep bumpin' it up till it gets a taker thumbsup

Laura
Bump

Framework4
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Did this ever get written? If it did, can someone post a link or links please? Thank you.

Top Banana
Top Banana
This exact scenrio never got written, as far as I remember, but I did post the story that I mentioned above The Wedding Pact. Lois does try and set Clark up on dates, but not for the reason that is given by the original challenge.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Oh. Thanks KK.

F
Kerth
OP Offline