Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Folks,

Has anyone ever written a story wherein someone tells Lois that of course Superman would NEVER think of dating her?

After all Clark is one of his best friends and everybody can see how hung up on Lois Clark is, including Superman.

So someone points out to Lois that is isn't just that is is not safe for someone to date Superman,

and it is not just that Superman can't have a public relationship with anyone,

Rather it is that Lois is off limits because of Clark.

I can just picture Cat or Mayson running into the Kent's mine Lane attitude telling her

"Lois, you should be the one trying to set Kent up with someone! After all Superman's not going to break the universal guy rules. As long as Clark is interested in you, you're off limits to Superman!"

So how would Lois react to this idea?

Would she rant on at Clark? Or would she start trying to set him up with women? Perhaps becoming very jealous of the very women she sets him up with?

Picture poor Clark trying to figure it all out as Lois pushes one beautiful sexy woman after another at Clark.

Some of the women are going to tell Lois to give it up.

"Lois, I don't what's gotten in to you lately, but it's clear to me that Kent is head over heels in love with you!"

and another date

"Lois, when did I become the enemy? I did you a favor. You asked me to go out with Kent. Yet when I do have one, just one date, with the man you act like I'm stabbing you in the back. As if he and I are sneaking around cheating on you!"

and yet another

"God Lane what's with you? You're the one who said 'wear burgundy, Clark loves burgundy". And 'show a little cleavage' you said..."

Framework4
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I love this idea! Don't think I have time to write it, though. frown I sure hope someone else does!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Merriwether
Merriwether
I think it would have to be set some in the first 5-10 of season one or else Lois wouldn't REALLY try to do it. But it is an interesting idea. I'm sure the part where Lois reveals the plan to Superman would be hilarious.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
V
vsp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
V
Yeah, this is an interesting idea, lol. I agree, it has the potential to be funny.

Kerth
Kerth
Arrgh! Have to resist this one, have to resist this one... (Already too much on my plate.)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
oooh! this is just too much fun! I hope someone picks it up.

I would... I really would, but if I don't finish the snow storm story, Sue is going to come out and kill me, I'm pretty sure... and if I don't finish my crazy Clark is not Batman series, I fear people are going to start throwing strawberries at me (the same people who offered them to me in the first place).

But, I so would... *sigh*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
I think it would have to be set some in the first 5-10 of season one or else Lois wouldn't REALLY try to do it.
Lois can lie to herself so well that I can see her trying this anywhere in season one and much of season two.

At the very least this would give her Superman fantasy hope, she would now have a reason why Superman seems to blow hot and cold.

I'm sure the part where Lois reveals the plan to Superman would be hilarious.
I had not thought about Lois telling Superman, oh my, I am just laughing my head off.

I still have a half finished Mayson learns Clark is Superman and has to cover for him story. In it Mayson explains to Clark that she gave up all hope as soon as she learned that Clark is Superman.

Not because she was repulsed but because she had been hanging her hopes on Lois outlasting Clark.

Sorta like a race, Who will give up their hopeless love and turn and look elsewhere first.

If Clark gave up hope of Lois while Lois was still hooked on Superman then Mayson would have a shot at Clark.

But if Lois gave up hope of Superman she would turn to Clark.

Learning that Clark is Superman meant that if Clark ever did give up hope of Lois loving Clark, instead of turning to someone else, Mayson, he would simply tell Lois the whole truth hoping that Lois would in time come to love the real Man.

As has been pointed out in so many stories, Clark was offering Lois a false choice, one can't pick Clark or Superman. As Lois told him in "We Have A Lot To Talk About" she needed to know the REAL man.

Hmm, maybe I can use the Lois tries to setup Clark to explain why Clark is on a Ski trip with Mayson when the avalanche occurs.

Framework4
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Sounds like fun! I might give it a try smile

C.

Kerth
Kerth
Yay! A taker! clap

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Yes! Someone is taking it! The idea looks good to me too, but I picture Lucy telling her sister about the guy's rules better than Cat or Mayson. Just my opinion.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Many years ago, there was this young woman at work. She was cute, and personable, and I thought she was pretty special (even if she was blonde). Unfortunately, she never saw me as anything more than 'a friend'.

As it turned out, one of the guys I was living with at the time knew her. He had gone to grade school with her older sister and so knew of the family. He knew that I had a sort of 'crush' on the girl but he was curious to see her again so he just happened to stop by work to see me a few times.

Of course he was taken with the young woman also (hey, she's a really nice gal). So, he asked me if I would mind it if he asked her out. Since it was obvious that she had no romantic interest in me I told him I had no objections.

Bottom line; they've been married for over twenty years and have two kids... but he did ask.

Tank (who still thinks she's pretty special)

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
That's a fabulous idea!!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Im loving this. It makes me wish so much that I could write. Im so glad someone is gonna try it.

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
Merriwether
Merriwether
clap Very happy. dance Touching tidbit Tank.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwww, Tank! That's so sweet and yet so sad at the same time. <sniffle>

And hey! What is wrong with being a blonde? Hmmm? I mean really! <turns and huffs out of the thread...>

laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I hope someone is working on this idea. I think I hurt myself laughing at Framework's suggested dialogue in the first post.

'Show a little cleavage' indeed!

rotflol

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I would love to write something like this but the fact that the person who came up with the plot idea already seems to have very good ideas for reactions etc, I think they should take a gander at it. Glad someone has decided to write it though - hurry up please! You have fired up my curiosity now.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
I apologize! I made a start on this story back when I said I was going to give it a try, and then I took a break from writing for a bit so that I could do some Kerth reading. I'm all caught up with that now, though, and started back to work on the "Guy Rule #1" story this morning smile

I still can't say when it will be ready to post, but it's in the works, and I'm delighted to see that there's still some interest. It's a great idea, Patrick, and lots of fun to play with. Thank you for sharing it!

Best,

Caroline

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Looking forward for your story, Caroline. smile1

Andreia (always a fan of your fics) notworthy

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Caroline:
I'm all caught up with that now, though, and started back to work on the "Guy Rule #1" story this morning smile

I still can't say when it will be ready to post, but it's in the works,
Still looking forward to seeing your take on this tale.

Framework4
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard