Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#131243 11/22/06 09:40 PM
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
In the Lois and Clark area, there was a thread about red K, and I thought of this twist.

What if Lois doesn't get his powers, but just gets his superhero mental state, like his emotions and responses to certain events?

If this makes no sense, reference the thread on red K in the Lois and Clark section; it's "My Theory on the effects of Red Kryptonite" or something similar.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#131244 11/23/06 06:23 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmmm . . . interesting challenge, Woody. And based on my theory too! Neat! (By the way, it's called, "My Theory About Why Red Kryptonite Isn't Really Unstable.")

I don't think I could write an answer to this challenge though--I wouldn't know HOW.

Let me get this straight--Clark retains his super powers, but Lois gets the superhero personality? I'm not sure I follow. How would Clark act in such a situation? How would Lois?

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#131245 11/24/06 07:19 PM
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Maybe Lois would see someone in trouble and have Clark's compulsiveness to try and help them, while Clark acts the way Lois views Superman's responsibility(the writer can determine Lois' view).

Maybe just a personality switch. Clark becomes the workaholic, chocoholic, bossy, type-a personality, while Lois becomes mild-mannered.

Maybe Lois justs gets the apathy Clark would have had.

Many directions to go with this.

I'm basing this off the idea that since the first exposure to red Kryptonite affected him mentally/emotionally, what if he hadn't been exposed before being zapped the the red K laser and Lois didn't get his powers but got what the effect on him would have been., i.e. mental effect?

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

#131246 11/25/06 05:57 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying.

I'd love to see if anyone (besides me) could write a response to this challenge.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#131247 11/25/06 09:28 PM
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
My personal favorite of the three scenarios is the personality switch. (A bossy Superman, oh the possibilities.)

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard