Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#131089 09/29/06 04:43 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey, guys. This is an idea that I've been thinking about, and if it's already been done I would really be thankful if you guys told me where to find it. Anyway, here's an idea of the plotline. It would probably take place sometime after The Green Glow of Home, but before Lois and Clark become too good of friends.

Say Clark, as 'Superman' gets in some sort of trouble and is captured and injured by somebody, probably the 2nd in command after Trask in Bureau 39 who knows of Kryptonite but doesn't necessarily want to kill Superman, but instead wants to find out more about him to determine his threat, etc. (Yes, I am an angst lover, and this gives plenty of opportunity for some major angst).

Maybe Lois is captured with him in order to insure his cooperation, but the Bureau is going to let her go once they find out what they want.

Clark is injured quite badly and treated like an 'alien'--yes, I'm talking TC (torture Clark). Lois gets to comfort him and try to take care of him even when they are locked up without anything real of use. Talk about some serious emotional issues here. She talks to try and distract him from his worst nightmare coming true, and he shares some little things--but he is afraid of people listening in. She finally begs to know his name, because after what they've gone through it's weird for her to call him such a name as 'Superman.' He tells her that his name is Kal-El, and she starts to call him by that, at least when they are alone.

We can have them either escape by some brilliant way (without Clark's superpowers), or we can have some better branch of the government come and save them through one way or another. They want to take Superman to their own little hospital thing, but of course Clark doesn't want any more to do with the govt (if he is even lucid or conscious at this point), and neither does Lois. She can try to fight this new 'saving' group of people and get pushed aside or have to go along with them, or they could just let Clark go to Lois's apartment.

Superman doesn't get his powers back very quickly at all after this, but they get to know each other better as he stays at her place. After a couple days she has to go to work even though she worries to leave him.

She finds that Clark has been missing and can't get a hold of him, until he shows up at work looking pale and worse for wear and claiming that Superman just saved him from where *he* was being held prisoner by Bureau 39 due to his connections to Superman.

Lois is furious that Superman had left (even though she assumes his powers have resumed), and she doesn't see him for some days, or even weeks (depending on the extent of Clark's injuries). She has nightmares and other emotional issues from her imprisonment, as does Clark, but Lois feels like Clark can't understand and Clark feels bad for the problems she's already having 'because of him.'

When Clark's powers do come back and he eventually takes back to the streets (his self-confidence is still shaken from his ordeal), Lois either corners him or he comes to her when he hears her having a bad dream. She is tearfully joyful to see Kal-El, and their relationship begins to grow from there.

Anyway, I practically wrote the whole thing just in this maybe-summary of a story that I would love to have written in its fulness if I had any writing talents myself. I just would think it interesting to see what Lois would do when she does see behind the flashy red and blue suit but finds a man that she learns to love for his bravery, compassion, and strength...but doesn't realize that it's Clark.

So...if you bothered to get all the way through this...what do you think?

Smirky

-------

I love anything that ties my heart in a knot.

Bring on the Love and the Pain. angel-devil

#131090 09/30/06 05:18 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, this sounds like a very interesting story. Someone should take up the challenge.

I did read a fic where Clark was tortured, but it had something to do with 'them' not wanting him to procreate with humans. I believe Lois and Clark were already married. Sorry, I have no idea what the name of it is.

There was another story where Clark came to Lois as Superman, and he was hurt. They ended up having sex and Lois got pregnant, but poor Superman didn't remember it, and Clark was mad at the guy that got her pregnant. That one I can probably come up with the name.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#131091 09/30/06 05:39 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Yeah--I think I've read the first of those that you mentioned. It was great, but I can't recall the name either.

You can tell that I've played with the idea in my mind a lot, but I've never actually gotten very far in writing a fic--I'm a reader all the way through. It doesn't help me from dreaming, though.

goofy

Smirky

------------------

#131092 09/30/06 05:42 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You like pain? Torture? Trask stories? Then let me suggest Sue S. "Revisionist History". I believe she did a PG version for the archive - or you can find the nfic version at www.annesplace.net It has all three of the above mentioned themes (and is extremely good - I should know, I was one of her betas)

Oh and I agree with Nancy. This idea sounds intriguing and someone should write it... just not me. I just finished a fanfic challenge that turned into a 137 pages... and my muse has left me to go on vacation. laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#131093 09/30/06 06:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You like pain? Torture? Trask stories? Then let me suggest Sue S. "Revisionist History". I believe she did a PG version for the archive -
Yep, there's a PG version. And I agree, it's totally worth reading!! In fact, once I started reading it I couldn't put it down and I spent a good part of a Sunday glued to my screen (while my significant other was off playing golf, as usual!) and I loved every second of it. smile

...I may spend the better part of tomorrow reading the adult version of the story, now. wink I'd never read nfic back when Revisionist History made it to the archive (which is when I read that) but now, having been reading Sue's Faustian Bargain... well, you know.... wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#131094 10/01/06 05:43 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I did read a fic where Clark was tortured, but it had something to do with 'them' not wanting him to procreate with humans. I believe Lois and Clark were already married. Sorry, I have no idea what the name of it is.
Could be Yvonne Connell's Purity

Erin Klingler's Darkest Hour has some of the elements of your suggestion, though certainly not all of them. But is certainly worth a read, regardless. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#131095 10/01/06 01:21 PM
Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
Of the two fics that Classicalla mentioned, the first one was definitely Purity , as LabRat suggested.

I think the second one she's referring to is Wendy's It Happened One (Super) Night

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#131096 10/01/06 08:18 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yep, you got it, Kathy!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#131097 10/06/06 11:27 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
One story that explores the Lois-trapped-with-Superman angle is "An Ordinary Man" by Wendy Richards.

"Some prices are just too high, no matter how much you may want the prize. The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
--Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory", 1996
#131098 10/30/06 05:11 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
As soon as my other projects are done, I intend to take this one on. I have a group of 'good guys' in mind that would be perfect for the anti-Bureau 39 group. (Okay, so they're the bad guys in my SR sequel over at the Planet Forum, but they really do want to do good in the L&C universe.) cool

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#131099 11/04/06 07:06 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Sweetness! I was beginning to wonder if all these overflowing ideas were too much or a little too off the edge for anyone else to be interested in.

dance

I am looking forward to it!

Smirky

#131100 11/04/06 08:19 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey, Dandello. Do you have a link to your post SR story? I'm always looking for a good new one.

Just curious, how long will it take you to finish up your current "projects"?

Thanks,

Smirky
-------------

Bring on the Love and the Pain.
angel-devil

#131101 11/05/06 02:15 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
My SR/UFO Xover

There's a number of good ones hatching over at Bluetights fanfiction and some of them are also posted at Fanfiction.net/movies/superman

As to when I get done - Plane Storm has a few more sections to complete and my as-yet-not-quite-titled one over at Bluetights has about a hundred more pages to go.

But, I may just start the teaser for Lois and Cl--Kal-El.

Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#131102 11/05/06 04:45 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, so it's not going to be quite the outline from above cause I don't want it to be a reveal story.
Here is the prologue: Lois & Cl - Kal-El

#131103 11/05/06 05:51 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
!!!

Oh, man, Dandello! How cruel can you get? How long are you going to make us 'hang' around to hear what in the world is going on? Oh. Bad pun! Bad pun! <knocks head against desk>

Amazing. I'm eagerly waiting. Patiently waiting. Very patiently waiting.

Smirky

----------------------------

Bring on the Love and the Pain.
angel-devil

#131104 11/07/06 05:26 PM
Columnist
Columnist
There is another story by Wendy R called "Faux Pas" which is a rewrite of some of season 1. In this story Lois is mugged and stays with Clark. They have sex. She goes nuts about it and Clark winds up leaving and going to the Star. He is teamed with Linda King. He gets kidnapped by Trask and beaten to try and get him to yell for Superman. In the meantime Lois is kidnapped also and when thrown in a cell finds a badly beaten Clark.

Anyway it is a great story if you haven't read it.

#131105 11/07/06 05:49 PM
Columnist
Columnist
There is also a series called Recognition by CMalo. I know it starts with Lois not knowing the secret. But by story 2 they are dating. In story 3 Clark is captured by Bureau 39 and Dr. Lane is working with them not knowing who they are. Anyway Superman is captured and an implant is put in his brain. He is told things about himself that are true that hurt. Dr. Lane, Lois and Jimmy to the rescue.

#131106 11/27/06 06:06 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, a random question. Even though I posted this challenge and Dandello is doing an amazing job on "Lois and Cl--Kal-El" (or actually, maybe *Because* of how well that's going right now and how I'm being driven mad by the tension) this Muse is not letting me go. From someone that's more experienced in the area of challenges and posting fictions, would it be "unacceptable" (violating some unwritten yet sacred law of ffiction) if I were to decide to take my own challenge upon myself?

I've never written fanfiction before for any genre, though I've followed many different areas for a good number of years. Should I give it a shot?

Thanks,

SmirktheRaven
angel-devil

#131107 11/27/06 09:03 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I don't think so.

You posted a story idea and now you actually are thinking about using it yourself. I don't see a problem with that.

There might be certain challenges that you shouldn't write if you posted it but this is a general challenge.

I guess we'll just have to consider your challenge to function as a spoiler for your story.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#131108 11/28/06 06:50 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Great! I've been following FF for some time, but this will be the first time I actually post. Brrr! It's both thrilling and terrifying. I hope everyone will like it!

I started writing yesterday and got quite a bit done. I guess this is it. Check it out over at the fanfiction board:

Darkest Dreams

laugh

Smirk the Raven

----------------------------

I love anything that ties my heart in a knot. Bring on the love and the pain. angel-devil

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard