Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#131010 04/17/12 04:12 AM
E
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
E
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
Why would hair get caught up in anything if it's braided and the braid securely stuffed into a pouch?
Don't know, but.. maybe flyaway strands? Just guessing, here... frown

#131011 04/17/12 05:20 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Why would hair get caught up in anything if it's braided and the braid securely stuffed into a pouch?
Because unless the pouch covers her entire head or reaches up to where her head meets her neck at least, there is still hair long enough to get tangled in branches. I'm sure Superman could pull out of such entanglements easily, but it couldn't be good for the trees. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#131012 04/18/12 08:45 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Don't know what you're talking about. (Jaded?) Besides, you know much more about computers than I do... It's just common sense applied to a hypothetical scenario.
cool

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#131013 04/18/12 12:46 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm sure Superman could pull out of such entanglements easily, but it couldn't be good for the trees.
rotflol rotflol rotflol
I just got this great mental image of superwoman flying through the air with a couple of trees (roots and all) trailing along behind her.

LOL!

Thanks,
B

#131014 04/18/12 03:26 PM
E
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
E
Originally posted by BJ:
I'm sure Superman could pull out of such entanglements easily, but it couldn't be good for the trees.
rotflol rotflol rotflol
I just got this great mental image of superwoman flying through the air with a couple of trees (roots and all) trailing along behind her.

LOL!

Thanks,
B
^FLAWLESS IMAGERY PERFECTION.^

#131015 04/20/12 10:54 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Just adding my two cents. In both Supergirl and the imaginary stories involving a superpowered Lois (aka Krypton Girl, "The Superwoman of Metropolis" and "Lois Lane's Super Dream" mostly) both have her wearing wigs so it's not completely far-fetched that she (Claire/female Clark) would wear one. I do know that the Rule 63 cosplay of Superman just pulls her hair back a little in both versions and wears glasses as Clarissa Kent (Clark) but makes the Superwoman hair a little more poofy on top (source: Kit Quinn\'s Tumblr .)

Source info on a Superpowered Lois

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#131016 04/30/12 03:55 AM
E
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
E
Originally posted by Christina:
Just adding my two cents. In both Supergirl and the imaginary stories involving a superpowered Lois (aka Krypton Girl, "The Superwoman of Metropolis" and "Lois Lane's Super Dream" mostly) both have her wearing wigs so it's not completely far-fetched that she (Claire/female Clark) would wear one. I do know that the Rule 63 cosplay of Superman just pulls her hair back a little in both versions and wears glasses as Clarissa Kent (Clark) but makes the Superwoman hair a little more poofy on top (source: Kit Quinn\'s Tumblr .)

Source info on a Superpowered Lois
Sorry to get off on a tangent, but, I KNOW KIT!!!! laugh I follow & chat with her on Tumblr. Her cosplay's are fantastic!!!! Every. Single. One. Of. Them. Great cosplayer, and talented individual, at that. Kind-hearted & lovely lady to speak with, too.

#131017 04/30/12 11:07 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, I did consider writing it, but shied away from the task because it was too much work. As a matter of fact, I still have the first two or three chapters on my hard drive...

Another thing I've been thinking about is Claire's Superwoman disguise. A wig might not work so well, as it would easily come off if she flies too fast. However, what if she wears her hair really long, like down to her knees, usually open or partially open? As Superwoman, she could wear her hair as a braid, most of which could be hidden in a pouch in the cape.
The methods Supergirl uses in my latest Supergirl story might be of interest. It's my feeling that there are very few people so unique that they don't have some doubles, and one way to make people discount the resemblance is to lamplight it - e.g. someone who says "Do you think this hairstyle makes me look like Superwoman?" is probably not Superwoman, however much she looks like her.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#131018 04/17/13 10:37 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There's now a taker: Thread in Fanfic Related
Louis and Clara

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#131019 04/24/13 12:37 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to say that story is really good, and more than living up to any expectations.

John Pack Lambert
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard