Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#130990 09/20/06 04:02 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I'm starting to wonder how the risk taking character of Mr. Lane will cope with a female Superhero rescuing him all the time....

And how can Clara/Claire step in front of him to protect him? I can imagine that he would react like this... mad

Would he really be a Superwoman-Groupie? Or is he rather embarrased? confused

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#130991 09/20/06 09:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I believe Superwoman will have to be a little more subtle with her rescues. Wouldn't want to hurt the male ego, now would we?

I don't imagine Mr. Lane will openly a groupie, but he will be an big admirer of Superwoman and a 'private' groupie.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#130992 09/22/06 06:35 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
But I think it might be intersting to have a Mr. Lane paying a little more attention to Claire first, but maybe not the way she likes to be noticed: As human being with a brain.

He could also have a Mayson Drake kind of attitude towards Superwoman until she is able to impress him.

And then we might see Claire doing this: wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash
She might ask herself why she had destroyed every hope to get him as a normal woman when she rescued him being that incredible strong lady with long legs and a so fantastic body...

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#130993 10/06/06 11:46 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
ML Thompson has written a trilogy that explores this idea. It's called "A Matter of Destiny" and this is the link to the first story .

Be sure to send her lots of lovely FDK after you read it! smile

-- Jude

"Some prices are just too high, no matter how much you may want the prize. The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
--Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory", 1996
#130994 10/07/06 03:32 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, I've got some interestingm ideas on this one:

People:
Louis (or Lewis?) Lane, hopping in and out of women's beds on a regular basis (Just like his dad, Sam Lane); male ego in overplus

Claire (Jessica) Kent, also known as Kala Jor-El (Kryptonian females usually don't bear the family name, but their father's full name instead!) or Superwoman; developing a soft spot for Louis, but being put off by his constantly changing affairs

Jane Olsen, cub reporter and photographer with no ego whatsoever

Cat Grant, Louis' lover - whenever it suits hiM

Lex Luthor, local billionaire and criminal mastermind, fascinated with Superwoman - What could maké him feel more powerful than having her for a wife?

Lance Lang, first born son of his parents (he has four younger sisters), lots of male ego, Clara's still possessive and jealous high-school boyfriend

Perry White, Martha and Jonathan Kent as usual

I like the idea of the virginity problem. In fact, that was about the first problems that sprang to my mind (I know, it's telling..).
This could lead to an interesting plotline. Perhaps Claire tries to have sex with someone (Lex? Louis?) but it just doesn't work because she is , well, built tightly and invulnerable on top. Or perhaps Louis later tries to get to her (I'm talking pheromone-induced lust here) while Claire is still suffering from exposure to kryptonite, meaning vulnerable and maybe even affected by Miranda's "Eau de Sweat Socks"...

Of course, there is the pregnancy problem as well. Perhaps Claire can get her powers transferred to Louis - or maybe Jane? If the Superwoman costume indeed contained a blond wig, this could probably work! Of course, Jane would have to know the secret, but it would be funny all the same.

Another idea: Claire and Jane hang out together and get stuck by lightning, so Jane posseses the same power as Claire. They might decide to share the superhero duties in Metropolis. This would give them both some time to themselves as well as securing their secret identities.

Better still, have Jane's powers transferred to Louis afterwards (as in the Ultrawoman plot), leaving her powerless. Then Ultraman (or what do we call him?) will try to hit on Superwoman. There's some potential..

Louis, on the other hand, would not particularly like to be saved by a woman all the time, but he certainly will make comments about her physique - preferably in the newsroom, maybe even to Claire (or Jane, for that matter!)

If I weren't writing another story right now, I'd start with this one. Well, it is on my to do list! Perhaps I'll get it done till the end of November...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#130995 10/07/06 04:34 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, I've written one interpretation of this, entitled Gender Bender. I'm sure everybody else would have a different interpretation.

#130996 10/07/06 06:46 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting ideas, Olympe.

I have planned for Louis or Luca to have a tryst history with Cat Grant, but he won't be actively bed hopping from one person to another.

For the story I'm working on, I still haven't decided on a name for 'Lois'. I've been thinking of using Luca.

I have also been thinking of using the name 'Kala', but I was reluctant because, well, Kala-El sounds a little unwieldy.

I hadn't come up with a middle name for Claire. Jessica sounds good.

Jimmy will still be Jimmy.

I have also chosen the name Lance Lang who will indeed be an ex-boyfriend. He won't be the only one around from her past, though.

Lex Luthor will be enamored with Claire - not Superwoman.

~~~

I like the idea of the virginity problem.
I will probably not use the 'romantic' view of virginity. Being a nurse, I very much plan to be pragmatic.

Bakasi, also a person knowledgeable about medical things, said this:

As to your problem: It's not necessarily a problem. It depends on how well developed the...you know is. That's different with every woman.
Then I said this:

I've actually thought about that, but as bakasi said it's different for most women. The pain of the first time is not necessarily from the hymen breaking. I'd say it's usually more from things being 'tight' due to relative non use before. Most of the time the hymen breaks when a girl is growing up and playing rowdily anyway.
I won't say things won't be bit difficult, but it won't be 'typical'.
~~~~

Hmmm... yes, I'm considering a pregnancy. A transfer of powers might be interesting, but I doubt I'll use that.

The general consensus seems to be the Superwoman be a brunette. I have a solution, but I'm not telling right now...
If the Superwoman costume indeed contained a blond wig,
Yes, I'm using this idea. It's already been suggested to me.
Louis, on the other hand, would not particularly like to be saved by a woman all the time, but he certainly will make comments about her physique - preferably in the newsroom, maybe even to Claire
Go for it, Olympe. I just hope we don't start posting at the same time. That might be a disaster...
If I weren't writing another story right now, I'd start with this one. Well, it is on my to do list
And finally, my story won't be the hard hitting story that Shayne's was. I'm more a waffy, romantic type of person...

#130997 10/08/06 05:51 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I wouldn't call Lois' male counterpart Luca, though. I believe that Luca or maybe Luke would be much better suited for his 'younger brother'...

Besides, we could e-mail when we intend to start posting.

#130998 10/08/06 01:50 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hard hitting? I didn't know it was. Hmmm...

#130999 10/09/06 03:42 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, it was set in a war zone. It was a compliment! Nancy

#131000 10/26/06 08:11 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I've just found something interesting:
In Superman (volume 1) #349 (in a story entitled "The Turnabout Trap!"), Superman returns from an interstellar mission to find that everyone on Earth are of opposite sex. Among them are Penny White (a female Perry White), Jenny Olsen (a female Jimmy Olsen), Louis Lane (a male Lois Lane), Batwoman (a female Batman, rather than the actual character), Wonder Warrior (a male Wonder Woman), Black Condor (a male Black Canary), and Superwoman (his female counterpart) herself. Believing he crossed into a parallel universe, Superman flies back to space to find a dimensional portal, but is blocked by an invisible barrier. He notices the parallelism fails when he sees Superwoman and Clara Kent (Superwoman's presumed secret identity) are two separate people.

After a battle with Superwoman, Superboy (a male Supergirl), and Wonder Warrior, Superman figures out that his foe Mr. Mxyzptlk is behind this gender-reversed world; Superman discovers as well as that he was never in a parallel universe, but rather on Earth, which Mxyzptlk had altered with his magic. After making Mxyzptlk say his name backwards and thus returning to his native dimension, the effects of Mxyzptlk's magic (including the existence of Superwoman) vanish, returning the Earth to normal.
(from wikipedia )

#131001 10/26/06 03:41 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, that's marvelous. I think I actually have that issue. It must have been one that I didn't manage to read for some reason....

#131002 04/15/12 07:40 PM
E
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
E
Just popping in... Was directed here by some lovely folks, in regards to my own genderbend Clois fic... wink Using Claire for Clark, and Louis for Lois...

Skimmed through the posts... Very interesting discussion you folks have, up here! smile

Problem is, for mine, I'm thinking of using some episode where Lois, either already knows about Clark's secret ID, or she's just finding out about it....

Planning to have drama, sexual tension, sarcasm, and...well, of course Superheroics with Louis "smitten" by Superwoman, everytime she comes by. wink

Any sugesstions would be awesome! smile .

#131003 04/16/12 08:54 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Somethign I've been thinking about (way back then) is the following scenario:
Although Louis is pretty smitten with Superwoman, he would never admit it freely. After all, a super-strong, invulnerable, better-than-everyone woman is not considered cool by most of his male peers. So, he resorts to making off-handed comments about her looks or other attributes. (I imagine that especially the nickname "Maid of Steel" won't sit well with Claire, if only because it hits too close to home.)

#131004 04/16/12 09:17 AM
E
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
E
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
Somethign I've been thinking about (way back then) is the following scenario:
Although Louis is pretty smitten with Superwoman, he would never admit it freely. After all, a super-strong, invulnerable, better-than-everyone woman is not considered cool by most of his male peers. So, he resorts to making off-handed comments about her looks or other attributes. (I imagine that especially the nickname "Maid of Steel" won't sit well with Claire, if only because it hits too close to home.)
YES!!! You just hit it on the nail, there!!!

notworthy

#131005 04/16/12 10:19 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, I did consider writing it, but shied away from the task because it was too much work. As a matter of fact, I still have the first two or three chapters on my hard drive...

Another thing I've been thinking about is Claire's Superwoman disguise. A wig might not work so well, as it would easily come off if she flies too fast. However, what if she wears her hair really long, like down to her knees, usually open or partially open? As Superwoman, she could wear her hair as a braid, most of which could be hidden in a pouch in the cape.

#131006 04/16/12 11:00 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A wig might not work so well, as it would easily come off if she flies too fast.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#131007 04/16/12 11:47 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Don't know what you're talking about. (Jaded?) Besides, you know much more about computers than I do... It's just common sense applied to a hypothetical scenario.

#131008 04/16/12 11:56 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
As Superwoman, she could wear her hair as a braid, most of which could be hidden in a pouch in the cape.
The one problem with the braid idea (which I've tossed around for one my fics) is that wouldn't it become unraveled during the course of a rescue, especially one dealing with mud, or high winds, or fire, or falling debris, or a fistfight, or some such thing.

The pocket is an interesting idea, but I can't see her leaving her hair really long. Wouldn't it get caught in stuff? "Superwoman was on the way to rescue today, when her hair got tangled up in some trees in the Amazon..." This would explain why the writers / producer / actress wink decided to cut Lois' hair. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#131009 04/17/12 03:03 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Why would hair get caught up in anything if it's braided and the braid securely stuffed into a pouch?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard