Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ok, so I was just reading the very last story in Nan Smith's Home series (I've been reading my way through the archives since January), and after I finished the story went to take a shower.

It's amazing what people think up in showers, don't you think?

Anyway, I was taking that shower, and since I was reading a far-future-time-travels-to-1999 fic, I got to thinking.

In that far future, Martha and Jonathan Kent have been dead for decades. Martha, up to the end of the actual series, made Clark's suits (or at least I think she did until the end . . . I don't remember much about seasons 3 & 4, and I won't be able to see season 3 until June), right?

So, where would Clark get his suits after his parents died--specifically his mom?

Would the Superman Foundation (is that actually canon,or is it just a fanon concept based on other Superman universes?) employ seamsters and/or seamstresses specifically for the purpose of keeping Superman from looking like a beggar?

Would one of his children learn to sew from Martha before she died, and then take on the task of making his or her dad's costumes--and probably any other family members' who ended up with powers?

Would someone else take on the job of clothing our favorite super hero?

Who knows?

Who can guess?

Who can write fics about it?

I think I might later, but I also got another idea for a fic while I was in the shower which I'm not sharing, because I want to write it myself. Not to mention, I've had the idea for a rather LONG fic stewing on the very back burners of my brain for the last month or so.

Anyway, please, write fics to answer this challenge, and link to them in this thread--I don't get on the boards much because I spend most of my time at the fanfic archives, but I'm setting this topic to e-mail me when someone replies.

Looking forward to reading your stories!
Darcy (DSDragon)

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Kerth
Kerth
This is in one of the next generation series Irene Dutch wrote, forget which one. She has a seamstress working for the Superman Foundation who makes costumes, initially for Superman and later for his family.

later edit - Sorry, I\'ll Be You for Christmas by C. Leuch, not Irene Dutch.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, in "Tempus, Anyone?" Lois made a suit to Alt-Clark. Maybe she learned it from Martha? smile1

Andreia wink

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ahhh . . .

When I saw that the author's last name began with "L" I wondered how I'd missed that one. Now I know--It was part of a series I didn't read. I might just read it later (I'm still in the "S"s in the archive, so it'll probably be after I'm done with Z) now though.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard