Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#130188 01/02/06 05:30 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
This pesky plot bunny has been beating me about the brain for while so I thought I'd just throw it in here to placate it.
I've been reading the L&C episode Transcripts and happily supping on the irony of events in the first season, especially when compared to the third and fourth. I wonder how Lois and Clark would react if they met their future, married-with-children selves, somewhere during the first season.
Either Lois and Clark could accidentally be transported to another parallel universe, where they meet their younger counterparts in a world as similar to their own as possible, or they could travel back in time in order to prevent something happening that would have repercussions in the future.
What I’d really like is if the time portal or dimension rip could occur due to some high-profile scientific demonstration going wrong and everyone would know that Lois and Clark were counterparts from another time or place. That way the eye-openers would not be confined to The Golden Duo alone. I’d love to see how the co-workers, who had written off the young Lois as someone who had no time for anything but her work, especially Cat Grant, react to the wife-and-mother persona of the older Lois. It could be contrived that no one would remember they’d been there, once they completed their mission and went back.
Plus, it’s my personal theory that neither Clark nor Lois were ready to share the Big Secret or any other romantic entanglement a moment sooner than what originally happened. The older Lois might have been harbouring some secret resentment against not being let in on it sooner, wondering about what-ifs. Letting both Lois and Clark get a clearer perspective on themselves as they were ought to help them resolve some of those issues, as well as stop some of the secret self-recrimination they still feel for various incidences in their past. It could even be that young Clark, encouraged by the older couple’s success in their relationship, decides to reveal his secret to young Lois but is stopped by older Lois, explaining that she does not yet have the emotional maturity and self-knowledge to deal with it just yet. And older Lois could have some heart-to-hearts with her younger self about why you can’t really love a plaster saint and what it really means to love someone.
I picture the older Lois to be markedly more restrained and patient than her younger counterpart, a woman who has learned to choose her battles and keep her mouth shut and play dumb when need be. Who isn’t afraid to show her soft compassionate side and is through with her obsessive need to prove herself to everyone within a ten-mile vicinity.
The Clarks’ differences would be a bit subtler, except for the initial contrast between the “green jeans” look of the younger Clark as opposed to the impressive “GQness” of the older one. (Tee Hee!) I’m thinking that the older Clark would have gained some healthy cynicism and respect for Lois’ intuition as well as injected some of the assertiveness inherent in his superhero persona into his everyday one.
Well, I haven’t really thought it all out yet, but what d’you think? Does it suck?
If , by some bizarre chance, anybody wants to take this bunny home and feed it up into a nice, fat, coherent story, I’d appreciate it if you got in touch with me. I have some other niggling little ideas you might like.
Adios,
Hasini.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
#130189 01/02/06 05:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you write it?

#130190 01/02/06 10:08 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Me write fiction? I think not. Bane of my life, dear. I can't write stories. I merely take comfort in those who can.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
#130191 01/03/06 03:10 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It is really good idea. I think you could pull it off. If not I hope someone writes it.

Thanks, Judy
#130192 01/03/06 07:55 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow! This premise sounds like it would be a fantastic story! You have it so well thought-out, I think it'd be great if you write it. I completely understand why you wouldn't want to though...I mean, it took me about 6, 7 years to actually buckle down and write one. :p

Okay. I'm just near wrapping-up my own story. If you really want to see this story happen and don't want to write it, I will! Only thing is, there's no guarantee when it'll be finished (definitely before summer 2006 is over, latest, what with school over and all) and so it won't appear for a bit, but if I start to write it and you BR, you'll get to see it first. How does that sound? smile

#130193 01/03/06 10:43 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thank you! I'm glad you think so.
I'd love to BR this story, if you're serious about writing it, but I don't think I have the time for another project right now. I am in the middle of studying for my advanced level exam as well as dealing with Uni applications and stuff, and what spare time I have is devoted to BRing a Harry Potter fanfic. Why don't we leave this plot bunny open to anybody who wants it? That way you and anybody else interested can try their hands at it and there's a greater chance of one of them seeing it through to the finish.
If you really want to take it up, be my guest! smile1 I have some other ideas for it if you'd like to hear them. Good luck to you! thumbsup

“Is he dead, Lois?”

#130194 01/04/06 07:26 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
If either of you do not mind I would gladly like to help out with this Fic. With university myself, I am in the same dilema as the both of you, not enough time to buckle down and do something on my own. What I was thinking is maybe it could be turned into a joint effort with any or all three of us. How does this sound? If either of you decide to go about it independently I would still be interested in being a BR.

Hope something can be worked out. I will check back to see if there is any reply. My head is already generating ideas.

Thanks, Judy
#130195 01/04/06 08:04 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yep, that sounds good too. Whoever begins it should just contact the others then?

#130196 01/04/06 10:45 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I have a few ideas generated, just a matter of getting them typed out. At the moment I am sick, but I will try to get something down ASAP!

Thanks, Judy
#130197 01/04/06 10:38 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Whatever sounds good to you guys, is fine by me. I'm just putting this bunny up for adotion and waiving my parental rights. You want, you take and we'll see who can do the best job! cool

“Is he dead, Lois?”

#130198 01/07/06 07:59 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
OK guys I finally have the ball rolling. How do you want me to tell you my ideas? Posting it here may not be the best of ideas since people maybe following this post, ruining the storyline. If posting here will work the best for you guys than I will do so. I just thought I would find out if that is the best way first.

Thanks, Judy
#130199 01/07/06 07:06 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
You've started? That's great!
Well, if you like, we can always move to my LJ if you want to disscuss something, or feel free to e-mail. I'm still very much of a newbie here at the LnC message boards so I don't know what options we have here.
Just leave comments under any entry you like, if you wanna use my LJ. Here's the link:
My LJ

“Is he dead, Lois?”

#130200 01/08/06 06:12 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Using messenger, whether it be MSN or Yahoo works for me. Email is another option.

Here are both my emails, they are my accounts to messenger as well:
Yahoo:
show_me_the_way10@yahoo.com
MSN:
kittyj1414@hotmail.com

Thanks, Judy
#130201 01/08/06 09:31 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have both LJ (username: si_cosmopolite) and MSN. I will add you!

#130202 01/08/06 11:35 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I do not have LJ. Do not know what it is. LOL...MSN might work out better. PLEASE advice further!

Thanks, Judy
#130203 01/08/06 11:51 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
LJ aka Livejournal, is a web log or web journal. Actually, Livejournal vast is a community of them. If you followed the link, you'd see that a "post comment" and "read comments" option is available at the foot of each entry.
Livejournal is much faster than e-mail, and elimnates the necessity of netspeak, unlike in IM. So I lean toward the LJ suggestion, esp. since I don't have IM anymore. I live on the other side of the world to you folks so the time difference would make IMing you guys pretty impossible.
Chriscyk: Thanks for adding me! I'll add you back! laugh

“Is he dead, Lois?”

#130204 01/08/06 11:57 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Duh, seem to have put my foot in it. I'm guessing Chriscyk meant she was adding Judy to her IM list?
blush I'm so dim, sometimes!

“Is he dead, Lois?”

#130205 01/09/06 02:47 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
LJ is fine with me. Seeing as you are so far away Lady_Mirth you are right that would probaby be the best. Someone please instruct me on how to use LJ, getting registered and such. My internet at home is down for the time being. Good thing is I will be more focused on writing, the bad thing is it will be harder for me to keep in contact with you guys, and sending you what I've done and my further ideas. It should be up and running soon.

Thanks, Judy
#130206 01/10/06 12:26 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
You don't need to get to get registered to comment on a Livejournal, dear. You can comment as an annoymous poster, unless the particular LJ is friends locked, which mine isn't. You can create a free account if you want though, and it's easy.
Here's the LJ homepage if you wanna find out more. If not, just follow the link I've posted in my earlier entry and leave a comment on my LJ.
www.livejournal.com
Truth to tell, I don't have much time to kill either, but let's see what we can do, shall we?

“Is he dead, Lois?”

#130207 01/11/06 12:12 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Guys,

Just in case you did not notice I have created a LJ and added the both of you as friends. In terms of look the journal needs a lot of work. I have not figured everything out, so if you guys have ideas feel free to suggest. One question I have for you guys is what are tags? Another is, can part of the journal be public and another private, so no one can access it. Right now my layout (background theme, etc.) is purple but is it possible to change to something that is not suggested by the website. I would love to make it a Superman theme since that is mainly its purpose. Plese help me organize my journal!!

Seeing as I created this journal, I better go get writing the story soon. I know what I want to do, but I am having trouble getting it down on paper.

Thanks, Judy
#130208 01/16/06 02:33 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I posted a new comment. Check it out. I am in need of help

Thanks, Judy
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard