Do you believe? Do you think you could?

Can a foundling babe from another star,
Raised by farmers, grow to be far
More powerful than any machine,
More human than a human being,

With character strong as his brawn,
His only nourishment the dawn?
Do you believe this world of ours
Holds one who’s neither earth nor stars?

Can your mortal mind conceive
That a woman who did not believe
In endless love found the perfect man?

I can.

~•~
#128642 04/06/04 05:36 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Mary, that is such a beautiful poem! You really have a gift (unlike some of us)!

You are sending this to the archive, aren't you?

Julie (still amazed)

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#128643 04/06/04 05:51 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Here's my contribution.
-------------------------------
Lois Lane leaned over a stack of files sitting in her lap to look at her computer screen. The late hour combined with the amount of work she accomplished during the day served to make her mind hazy.

She didn't notice a certain person creeping up from behind, there despite the late hour. She jumped a little when he put his hands on her shoulders and began massaging them. He leaned over. “I love you,” he whispered in her ear.

Her heart overturned when she heard the statement. She turned around and kissed him tenderly. “I love you too, Tempus.”
-----------------------------
laugh laugh laugh

El, anything to add to this one?

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#128644 04/06/04 10:39 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL, Julie - You are evil

Mary, wow! notworthy

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#128645 04/07/04 05:53 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww, shucks! blush
Thankyou smile

~•~
#128646 04/07/04 11:10 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, let's see what I can say in answer to Wendy's little jibe.

"Lois, I really appreciate you throwing over Clark in favor of me."

"How could I not, Tank." She gave him a shy smile.

"Anyway, if I understand what you said, you'd agree to the short haircut if I shave my beard?" he asked, clearing wanting to have heard her correctly.

"That's right, just the way you like it."

He shrugged. "Okay."

"Ta dah." The newly shaved Tank jumped out of the bathroom.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" Lois' hands flew to her mouth in horror. "Grow it back, grow it back!"

Tank (who has always used his beard to hide a multitude of chins)

#128647 04/07/04 11:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, really??? Well, in that case... goofy

Lois sat in front of the mirror, brushing her long, silky hair. It lay around her shoulders, just the way she loved it.

Behind her, the love of her life stood watching, his fingers twitching.

“Stop looking like that, Tank,” she told him firmly. “Yes, I know we had a deal, but you’re growing your beard back. Therefore I’m keeping my hair long. Anyway, you said you love me no matter what my hair looks like!”

“You’re right, honey,” Tank admitted reluctantly. He gave the shears on the dressing-table one last, longing look, then locked them in a drawer. Permanently.

(Lynn, you weren't kidding when you talked about duelling drabbles! wink )

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#128648 04/07/04 03:55 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I had every intention of posting another "Long" Hair Drabble, but I thought I'd let the usual two suspects go at it. (Wendy and Tank, keep it up!! smile1 )

Anyway, here's something different. wink

Caryn

~~~~~~~

Seven: A Lois Drabble
by Caryn

When I look at him, I see…
One Man.
Mine.

When I think of him, I know…
Two Things.
I Love Him. He Loves Me.

When I call for him, it’s one of
Three Names.
“Clark.” “Superman.” “Baby.”

When I count the days with him, it’s been…
Four Years.
Paper. Cotton. Leather. Fruit.

When I describe his part in my life, it’s with…
Five Identities.
Husband. Lover. Soulmate. Best Friend. Partner.

When I worship him, it’s with…
Six Senses.
Touch. Sight. Sound. Taste. Smell. Intuition.

When I love him, it’s in…
Seven ways.
Completely. Truly. Madly. Deeply. Inevitably. Absolutely. Thoroughly.

~~~~~~

Caryn's Note: If you're not sure where I was going with Four years (Paper Cotton Leather Fruit) they are the official presents for the first 4 wedding anniversaries.

"With words one can escape reality..."
#128649 04/07/04 04:03 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Caryn - LOVELY! So poetic!
-Wanda

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
#128650 04/08/04 08:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, okay, after chopping off a good 50 words or so, I finally got it down to a hundred. Fun challenge, Lynn!

The sun poured in through the window, and Lois rolled over groaning. She reached for the drawer of her night stand and pulled out a bottle of aspirin for her pounding headache. Her memory was still fuzzy, but she remembered alcohol. Lots of it. And someone else was drunk last night…A red cape peeking out underneath the bed caught her attention. Next to red boots. It couldn’t be…no, they wouldn’t have…*He* wouldn’t have…! Her mind was racing in a thousand directions when a half naked man knocked and stuck his head in the bedroom. “Breakfast is ready!” Clark announced. Huh?!

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#128651 04/08/04 11:44 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I'll give it one more shot...

Tank walked up behind Lois where she sat in front of the mirror combing her hair. He placed a tender kiss to the top of her head. "If you want to keep your hair long it's okay with me."

"Really?"

"What ever makes you happy." He smiled, then left.

She stared after him for several moments, then turned back to her reflection. A tear slid lazily down one cheek. Sighing, she reached into the drawer where the shears had been placed just minutes before.

Well, it wasn't like she'd look bad with short hair. With no hesitation she began cutting.

Tank (who says it is hard to keep it down to just a hundred words when the description of the haircut could be so much fun wink )

#128652 04/08/04 01:14 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tut tut, Tank!

Okay, how's this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What was she thinking?

Short?

ShortER. Now that was okay. After all, the shoulder-length hair was beginning to get just that little bit unmanageable. Yes, she could probably do with getting an inch or so trimmed off the end. And what was she thinking, cutting her hair herself?

Idiocy. That Tank just had her tied in knots! She loved him so much - but honestly, there really was only so much that a girl could do for the man she loved.

She’d call Traci. Book a trim for tomorrow. And Tank - he’d be happy with a new Corrs DVD.

Wendy wink

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#128653 04/08/04 11:51 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
ROTFL!!! Wendy and Tank, please don't stop yet!

The other's are all excellent as well. smile

Well, I was traveling by train yesterday and I even had pen and paper with me. Suddenly, this idea hit me so here's another silly attempt from me. wink

Dear Diary,

Today, something unexpected happened. Clark asked me to marry him, to become is wife, to share the rest of my life with him. There’s nothing more I’ve ever wanted.

So I told him ‘no’.

Why?

Very simple.

Today, I also discovered Clark Kent is really Superman, the Man of Steel, the Flying Man in Cape. And he didn’t even tell me! I mean, come on! Before you ask such an important life-altering question, he could have at least told me that much. How on Earth does he think I can marry someone who lied to me... again?

Lois

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#128654 04/09/04 02:31 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I should be working instead of taking a break, but I couldn't resist, and this only took me five minutes to jot down.

Scissors snipped through dark, silky hair that fell to the floor, slaughtered by the hand of the ruthless hairstylist. Trust was reflected on the face of her victim and reassured the young hairdresser that she was doing it right. Customers with a public job were the hardest to satisfy, and this one was particularly difficult.

At last, the job was finished. She’d done pretty well, Kae thought proudly as she watched the customer’s face light up with a satisfied smile. As he walked out the door, she called after him. “Shall we try the blue dye next week, Mr Wilson?”

Kaethel evil

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#128655 04/09/04 04:28 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well, the thing is, I really do need a haircut, I just haven't had the time.

That blue hair dye? Is that the stuff I'd have to use on all my gray to make it silvery blue?

Oh well, I guess I'll just stick with the local mall barbers, if I ever get the time.

Tank (who just got home from another fun 14 hour day)

#128656 04/09/04 04:31 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I'll try one more time.

Lois stopped to look at her reflection in the window as she left Traci's Salon. She didn't know what happened. She had made the appointment with every intention of just getting her normal trim. Suddenly she was overcome by some madness. The next moment she was telling Traci to cut her hair short, the way Tank liked it.

She shook her head. The part that really bothered her was... Tank was right. She did look better in short hair. Of course, she'd never admit that to him. One thing was for sure. He could get his own darn Corrs DVDs.

Tank (who really should be in bed since he has to work tomorrow even after putting in a 14 hour day today... feel sorry for him?)

#128657 04/10/04 02:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aww! Yes, I do feel sorry for you, Tank... wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lois arrived home, full of excitement, wanting to see her beloved husband’s reaction to her newly-shorn hair. She hurried into the house... but there was no sign of him.

“Tank?” she called. “Where are you?”

Oh, he was upstairs, she realised. He’d known she was due home, and he was waiting for her in their bedroom.

She smiled sensuously as she climbed the stairs to join her love.

A strange, animalistic sound reached her as she pushed the door open. Tank was on the bed - hair spiky and... *blue*?? - sound asleep and snoring fit to wake the dead.

Wendy evil

edited slightly to include Kae's revenge wink

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#128658 04/10/04 02:45 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
rotflol You guys are too much.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#128659 04/10/04 03:13 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
ROTFL!! rotflol Keep up that fight, you two!

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#128660 04/11/04 06:50 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay... I don't know how Wendy knew, but I am sort of infamous for my snoring. I've been known to disturb the sleep of campers in other tents, and have chased a buddy sharing a hotel room to his car for some much needed sleep. That's just what they say. I think my friends just make it all up, after all, I've never heard me snoring.

"Tank!"

The snoring bear rolled over and came abruptly awake in mid-snore. "Lois?" She jumped onto the bed, an almost feral grin on her face. "You cut your hair?"

"Yeah." She straddled her beloved. "So did you," she laughed.

He shrugged. "Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time."

"Shhhh, no more talk about hair." She planted a kiss on his waiting lips. She kicked off her shoes and lay down next to him. "I can think of better things to do." Snuggling closer to each other, they resumed their kissing.

And they lived happily ever after... really!

Tank (who thinks it's only fair that he be allowed to end this since Wendy was the one who started it all)

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard