Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#128508 12/20/03 12:42 AM
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks, Jana! And I don't mind it a day early. Who can turn down early presents?! wink

I love this story. I like how Lois remembers her past Christmases (and what sad Christmases they were! frown ) and the list that she turns in. And then Clark makes some of it come true just by being there. Aww. Great! clap

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love this, Jana - very nicely done. A sweetly poignant letter from Lois, and the perfect response from Clark. thumbsup

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Kerth
Kerth
Beautiful letter, Jana smile

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Nicely done. Sweet and waffy.

I need to go and take more meds.

Tank (who is finding it harder to keep to his chosen 'Scrooge' persona in the face of this unrelenting onslaught of sweet waffy fics that have been prevailing lately)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Jana, this was great! thumbsup Sweet, waffy, and nicely done. Fantastic job, and the perfect pick-me-up thumbsup

Sara [who fears she'll have to start liking Christmas, after all...]

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh Jana, this was lovely. I think you captured Lois perfectly. smile

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
This was lovely, Jana! Very sweet and WAFFy. I enjoyed reading it.

Happy Birthday, Karen.

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Jana

A great story! smile1
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Happy birthday, Karen! party

Tricia cool

Merriwether
Merriwether
Jana, this was wonderful ... I really loved it. I like the idea of Perry asking his writers for such a list and I really like what you have Lois ultimately write. Very poignant and insightful. Really nicely done.

And Clark's response was, of course, perfect.

Awesome job.

Kathy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I like your taste in music. wink

A Grown Up Christmas List

You captured Lois well. smile

Marilyn
Check out our blog at www.writingplayground.blogspot.com
Features Writer
Features Writer
Jana
nicely done
sweet and waffy
merry

sorry I'm late in posting

Happy late Birthday Karen

Happy Holidays - late too

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you all for the feedback. I'm glad to know this story was well received. It was my first attempt at a holiday fic, so I was a bit nervous. I just wanted to respond to a few specific comments... smile

Karen, I'm glad you enjoyed this. Hope your birthday was great!

A sweetly poignant letter from Lois
Beautiful letter, Jana
I like the idea of Perry asking his writers for such a list and I really like what you have Lois ultimately write. Very poignant and insightful.
Thank you, Wendy, Jose and Kathy. As either of my BR's on this could tell you, I was very nervous about writing anything supposedly written by Lois. I really debated with myself on whether or not to even attempt the letter part of this fic. I'm so happy to know you liked it!

Nicely done. Sweet and waffy.

I need to go and take more meds.
Oh, yeah. Sorry about that, Tank. Hope you didn't suffer too much from the sugary parts. wink

Jana, this was great! Sweet, waffy, and nicely done. Fantastic job, and the perfect pick-me-up

Sara [who fears she'll have to start liking Christmas, after all...]
Thank you, Sara. smile As for liking Christmas, I think that is a perfectly nice idea, don't you? goofy

I like your taste in music.

A Grown Up Christmas List

You captured Lois well.
<g> Thank you, Marilyn. I like your taste in music as well. wink It's a great song, isn't it?

Thank you Karen, Wendy, Jose, Tank, Laura, Sara, Loriel, Anna, Tricia, Kathy, Marilyn, and Merry. I appreciate each of you reading this little fic and taking the time to comment on it. smile Hope y'all had nice holidays. Thanks again!

Jana (who is preparing to disappear into oblivion again when classes start next Monday)

"Don't you people have lives?!?" ~Joe on Wings

"An eternal, burning flame. Hope lives on and love remains." ~from Love Remains, by Collin Raye
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Aww.. so sweet, poignant, waffy and just perfect...<big happy content sigh>

I think this is a perfectly good example of just how different we all are: how our past, memories and experiences are so different, and we grow up secretely still wishing for things we were robbed of to have in our childhood.

And when that moment finally comes, when our childhood wishes finally come true, they're often granted in the most unexpected ways. wink

Great job, Jana! thumbsup

Pelican smile

ps: Happy belated birthday, Karen!! party

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Pel,

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad to know you enjoyed this. smile

I think this is a perfectly good example of just how different we all are: how our past, memories and experiences are so different, and we grow up secretely still wishing for things we were robbed of to have in our childhood.
Oh, this is a good point! One of the things I always enjoyed about the show itself; Lois & Clark (and the various other characters for that matter) have very unique backgrounds and past experiences. Maybe we all kind of fill in the blanks for one another.

Thanks again, Pel!

Jana

"Don't you people have lives?!?" ~Joe on Wings

"An eternal, burning flame. Hope lives on and love remains." ~from Love Remains, by Collin Raye

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard