Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Nan,

Just getting this started. Off to read.

--> And I'm back.

Things I loved: The group of superheroes. It's the comic book reader in me, I know. But loved how from Uma's perspective there was wind, then Benson was gone, then they were surrounded by caped family members. So cool!

Also, the telepathic thing! Good to use during emergencies. A nice touch, makes perfect sense, but I hadn't thought of it. Atleast Uma gets that. I liked how you put it...her heritage from Clark Kent. (loosely paraphrasing, of course)

And speaking of your Clark Kent, he's over 100 years old and I like him better and better. If age has taught him anything, it's to speak to the heart of the subject. Enjoyed his sweet conversation with Uma. That he loves her, but "the bond" is what makes it different with Lori.

Just one more part left- and we have Benson behind bars, so what's next? Can't wait to see, but am sorry it's over, too. Though I am all caught up on 'The Hottest Team...' (hint, hint)

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yes, the appearance of all five Superheroes was cool. Benson must have been overwhelmed. How about giving us some insights about what he was thinking during the arrest?

I suspect that for Uma to finally accept Lori as Clark's wife and not as a usurper will greatly depend on how Lori treats the issue. If she's really Lois Lane incarnate she might not be too lenient. Lois didn't suffer fools gladly, now did she. evil

Will be interesting to read how Lori will handle this. Or is Clark going to keep this from her?

I can't wait to find out!

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
perfect. Uma got some bumps and bruises but nothing irrevocable... and then she *still* thinks she needs to get rid of Lori, but Clark lets her down gently. Now, I want to see Lori's reaction to having her pregnancy confirmed! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Kerth
Kerth
Well, I suppose you're going to make Uma find the bond with somebody and she's going to have a talk with Lori... or not? wink

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well, we missed a good opportunity for a real dramatic wham there, but I guess since it's a family member I suppose you felt you had to let the little snot live.

I don't feel sorry for Uma, she gets exactly what she deserves. When (or in this case a big if) she actually grows up perhaps she'll see what an immature spoiled person she was and will do something about it. Otherwise this is going to be one lonely little girl.

I can imagine where the last instalment is going to go. It will devolve into a bunch of waffy, gooey, junk with the announcement of the unfortunate pregnancy and the requisite yucky stuff to follow.

MORE HOTTEST TEAM IN TOWN!

Tank (who will be glad when the Christmas season is over so he can get a little relief from all the waff spreading its way through all the stories being posted)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Great part! thumbsup

Clark is so patient and sweet. A really nice conversation with Uma, especially since she was still a little traumatized emotionally from her encounter with Benson.

Part 6 is on the horizon..I think I have to catch up with THTIT just so I don't have withdrawal! smile

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Nan - I have only one complaint. only 6 parts???!!!

I guess this means I'm going to have to start catching up on everything else sincethis is [very sadly] the only fic I've read since like May and school's over on Thursday!

Uma's still a little twit but every family has to have one I guess.

More soon!
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved the let down, it was perfect, now if only Uma will get the message.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I loved the conversation at the end, with Clark and Uma. Clark handled it in exactly the right way, and let her down gently. And I think I'm quite relieved that nothing happened to Uma after all. Though I do hope that she comes to accept Lori.

Also, new baby! laugh Does this mean we'll get another 'Home' story at some point in the future? Just so we can find out how mum, dad and new baby are doing. wink

Loriel (off to read the last part)

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard