Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#128151 10/29/03 08:20 AM
Sorcha Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Considering what happened the *last* time I posted a challenge in this folder, you may be surprised to hear that I’m doing it again wink But it’s drastically safer this time, as I’m actually not being goofy . I’m afraid I wasn’t quite able to deduce something to do with law in ‘Moulin Rouge’; however, I *did* get something of value <g>. I don’t know if anybody has ever seen this, but there’s a particular scene where the male lead is trying to convince the female lead to fall in love with him [I’m just going to call them Ewan and Nicole, after the actors wink ]

Ewan: Love is a Many Splendoured Thing; Love Lifts Us Up Where We Belong; All You Need Is Love!

Nicole: Please, don’t start that again…

Ewan [singing]: All you need is love...

Nicole: A girl has got to eat!

Ewan [singing]: All you need is love...

Nicole: Or she’ll end up on the street!

Ewan [singing]: All you need is lo-ho-ho-hove (sorry!<g>)

Nicole [singing]: Love Is Just a Game.

This goes on, and on, and on, always using song titles/lyrics: - I Was Made For Loving You, Just One Night, In the Name Of Love, Don’t Leave Me This Way, Heroes, I Will Always Love You, and How Wonderful Life Is Now You’re In The World, to name just a few wink

Well, this got me thinking, and so my challenge is: write a fic, using as many corny, sappy, clichéd, preferably well-known song titles/lyrics as possible, never straying out of character and using both dialogue and introspection wink Not limited to any one artist, or any one season in L&C.

I’ll be interested to see how this turns out wink

~Sara [going off to watch Sweet Home Alabama... hey, it’s about a divorce, right? wink ]

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
The first thing I do when I buy a CD, is trying to compose a paragraph with the songs' titles!!

I guess this means I'll have to give it a try (once I get my keyboard fixed... right now it's impossible)...

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard