Pulitzer
T
Pam

WOW! This is great. smile1

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow, what a great response! blush You guys are definitely fun to write for!

First, in case anyone missed it, I'll point out again that the "unspool" thing wasn't my idea -- CC Aiken came up with the basic concept. But she graciously threw it out there, so I ran with it smile Thanks very much, CC, this was a lot of fun!

Second... I'm thinking of changing the title to "Chaos Unspool" -- or do you think that would be too cryptic? Of course, it's not like "Art Appreciation" is all that descriptive, either... hmmm...

Jen, you got it -- Lois remembers being angry, but she also remembers forgiving him. I can sketch that out a little bit more, though.

The ending line (parting shot wink ) just floated into my brain, as I was approaching the end of the story. And good ending lines can be hard to come by! I really feel like I shouldn't take much credit at all for this; it was wonderfully easy to write. I love it when that happens!

Caroline... sequel? I hadn't planned one, but you've got me curious, now, and I have a few ideas... I don't promise anything will come of them, but we'll see smile Thanks!

Glad you liked it even if it was confusing, Anna! <g> I've tried to make it a little bit clearer in revisions -- instead of Lois just beginning to see visions out of nowhere, now she knows that "unspool" is the trigger. She still has no idea why, of course...

Irene, glad you liked the art gallery! I wanted to show Dan shooting himself in the foot, and I *didn't* want to deal with dinner, so I figured a museum would be a good way to occupy his attention while Lois's mind drifted. And considering some of the gifts he gave her...

Tank, I wouldn't call it "pressure" exactly wink More like a kick in the butt smile1 The original was pretty large, though... And thanks for the idea. It's actually pretty rare to see a new idea like this, these days, so you deserve kudos for that!

I'm up against the gremlin limit here, so I'll go to a new post...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
continued from previous post

KathyM, I'm not totally averse to the idea of Lois popping Dan in the nose, but he had a different function in this one... maybe the next one, tho! <eg> And the memory trickle seemed to be the best way to manage things -- you'll notice I had her remember his apology before she figured out what he'd done! goofy

KathyB, thanks! Glad it made sense to put Dan together with modern art. Really, I'm not sure where the idea came from; my muse just presented it to me, and hey, it made sense, so I used it... Glad you got the buttermilk line, too! Honestly, a lot of Lois's thought processes were based on mine -- I thought of "good for what ails you" buttermilk at that point, so why shouldn't she?

Thanks, Blayne! Sorry on the punching front -- but I got revenge on Dan years ago wink That one was called "Seeing is Believing."

Shelley, I love those "deer in the headlights" moments, too! Clark is just so cute when he's completely floored. I should also give credit on that memory trickle thing, too -- you are what you read, and I've read a *lot* of Lois McMaster Bujold. Right now, I'm re-reading Mirror Dance, which has one character going through a similar process -- that's probably where I got the water imagery.

Thanks for the comments, Roger. And there's that "punching Dan" idea again... I detect a theme wink Well, there's always the sequel...

Mel, that's a good point -- I've changed it a bit, so that she's thinking about using "unspool" on him but just wants to see his deer in the headlights look first. It wasn't really clear in the series if Clark ever remembered the events in TF -- he did shred Lois's note that CK=S, but that's never been followed up on, so I'm assuming he didn't remember, just panicked at the message! It's implied that a lot of it came back to him in "ATAI," in connection with Tempus's diary, but again, that wasn't followed up on.

Ooh, genius! Thanks, Karen goofy

Kaethel, the idea of Dan shooting himself in the leg was a large part of my motivation in this one, so I'm glad you enjoyed it. Even if no one punched him wink

Thanks, Laura -- and have I ever told you I think your sig file is hysterical?

Wendy, "comedy classic"? Methinks you overstate the case... but I'm glad it amused you.

LOL, Pel -- thanks! Hearing that people splash their drinks out their nose is the highest compliment an author can get goofy

Joy, haven't heard from you in ages! Good to know you're still out there, and that you liked this.

Hey, Tricia, I'm delighted you (and everyone) enjoyed this!

And once more, Thanks, Everybody! Your kind comments are greatly appreciated!

PJ blush

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oops...sorry, I'm very late here but I had to step over and just go clap clap clap

Wonderful! Very cute, with a wonderful mix of waffs and a couple of great one-liners thrown in, like this one:

Lois walked over to the sculpture that Dan was admiring. It looked like a bunch of coat hangers and hubcaps welded together.
evil at the same time...sequel! Please!

wildguy wildguy wildguy

Sara.

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Features Writer
Features Writer
Nicely done Pam
and I liked the title too
merry

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, Sara & Merry... actually, yeah, I did give into temptation and write a sequel. It's over in the fanfic section, called Chaos Reintegrate smile

PJ
p.s., Sara, your HPotter sig is hysterical, and I don't even read those books! goofy

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard