Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
OMG, Jill! smile1
Thanks for sharing this very witty and very clever story.

Tricia cool

LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lesson of the Day: Always paste messages somewhere else before posting in case you go over your graemlin limit and have to hit the back button and lose everything.
I usually type long posts in WORD then cut and paste, just because I've lost too many in the past. grumble

But for a graemlin count in particular, you can hit preview first rather than post. If you have too many it will tell you and you can just close down the preview screen and delete until it tells you it's fine.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL. Great story, Jill! A great start to my morning. wink

I only counted 49 cameos. And unless there's two Karen's, I only counted myself once. laugh Both a stalker *and* a computer person. Cool! Let's see.. Pam, Mere, Yvonne, Sarah, me, Laurie, Rivka, Elena, Alicia, Marnie, Maria, Krissie, Missy, Kaethel, Tracey, Anni, Tank, Irene, Jose, Ray, Jiten, Anna, Hazel, Chiara, tineke, RetroRose, Bethy, Saskia, Barb (*was* she the fence??), James, Kaylle, Anni, the ficus (yes, I counted it, too!), Annette, Labby, Trenna, Xanabee, Qex, Artemis, SQD, Paul, Tarkas, Carol (poor Carol!!), the Mad Professor, Wendy (evil evil wendy?), Merry, Tricia, Jill, and Pelican.

And now.. great lines. ;-)

Especially that Elena, she was threatening to toss all the police officers off the top of the LexCorp building just so she could hear them Ahh…THUD!”
LOL! That sounds like too much fun!

She mumbled an agreement, but she was still going through the list of names of Clark’s stalkers. “Oh, these two, remember these two, Clark? Kaethel and Tracey? They looked a lot alike, didn’t they? I wonder if they’re related, maybe twins.”

“What, the ones with orange hair? Yeah, they really did look a lot alike. But one of them had a little bit of an accent.”
Hehe

After his arrest, Lois and Clark had gone down to the station to interview him, but he had sobbed and banged his fist on the table, refusing to say anything other than “It’s too long!” So finally Lois had agreed to let one of the police officers cut her hair so that he would stop crying and allow them to interview him. Officer Irene had done a pretty good job, too. It wasn’t too short, but it had been enough to appease Tank.
ROFL! Poor Lois.

Before Clark could respond, Dr. Klein returned, walking up behind them. “She,” he said. They looked at him questioningly. “It’s a she-rat. She was part of a research project I was working on last year, intelligence-enhancing drugs. I just couldn’t bring myself to dissect her at the end of the study. She was the smartest one of the bunch, and the cutest too. I just couldn’t do it. So she lives here in the main lab with me now.” He smiled fondly at the little animal.
Aww, Labby's so cute! *ducks and runs*

“Dr. Tarkas, one of our researchers. He’s become notorious for blowing up his lab… and the occasional lab assistant.” Dr. Klein lowered his voice to conspiratorial level. “We call him the Mad Professor around here.” He turned to address Annette, Karen and Trenna. “Why don’t you ladies show Lois and Clark what you’ve found. I’d better go help put out the fire.”
Phil, I think it's time to take away your toys. wink

“All right, Wendy. They found out that you were the true mastermind behind ABC and Warner Brothers. That you were the one that was responsible for canceling the show that they’re obsessed with. And they figured out that you did it all so that they would have to rely on reading your fanfic to get their fix of LnC.”
Oh, really.... wildguy

“You’re real last name isn’t Richards…it’s Luthor. You’re Lex Luthor’s sister!”
And it all makes sense! (tho, here I shall make the corrollation between Wendy and the actress portraying a certain doctor)

This one, Jill, was caught running around the swampy area out at the Sewage Reclamation Plant waving a Godzilla doll around and screaming, ‘I know it’s here, I know the spaceship is here.’
Um, has the end of semester really gotten to you? wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Columnist
Columnist
Hm... On the few times I've miscounted my gremlins (shyeah right! smile ) I've gotten a screen that told me I had too many, and it sends me back (or tells me to use the back button, can't remember right now), and I still have the text - it's just a matter of deleting the extra gremlins. How is it that I've been so lucky? /me sends others that luck in hopes that they won't have such a problem in future...

Melisma (going back into hiding here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Columnist
Columnist
This is great! Love how you managed my nick! Used perfectly! And all the other cameos-brilliant!

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I guess my screen name is too generic. I can't even tell if I made a cameo or not or whether it was merely accidental. Maybe I need to change my screen name? huh

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
smile1
Clark grinned at her. “You really are a hopeless chocoholic aren’t you? It’s after midnight and it’s still the only thing you can think about.”
smile1

Wow I am honoured to be included blush

Loved the story, thank you!!!

Hopeless chocoholic wave (who is now very proud of her nick and vows to continue to live up to it wink )

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was wondering how you were going to work me in there.

I have to admit that I would make a much better guard then some of the guards in some of my stories...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey everyone!!! Thanks SO much for the comments! blush I'm glad you were all...amused. :p

The official count (for those who are trying to count) is 54 cameos (not including the ficus - although it should have a special category all its own <g> ). And I'll give out the list (eventually) if you want to see it. smile

Wendy, I'm sorry but I had to...you understand. wink Wendy Luthor just had such a nice ring to it, I had to use it...

Annie, I'm sorry I made you a drunk, but I really wanted to get the blue cups reference in there. <eg>

And Karen, despite the split-personality thing, you were only supposed to be in there as the computer person. The first cameo was supposed to get changed to someone else, but it was 4 am and I fell asleep and forgot...so anyone that I missed (for which I apologize), you can just ahead and insert your name in there. laugh

One last thing for now, me, you were on my list, so definitely consider yourself as a cameo - if you want to know the exact line that I wrote to make sure you were included:
So she lives here in the main lab with me now.”
All other instances of 'me' are purely coincidental with the story. wink

And, I'm sorry to the people I may have inadvertantly forgotten or who were on my list, but I was just too tired to figure out an inclusion for ya. Next time I'll write it at 3 in the afternoon so I'm actually awake and sorta coherent. goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Merriwether
Merriwether
54! So it is a full deck, plus the two jokers... wink

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
I finally got around to reading your response to the challenge, Jill. And razz )

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So she lives here in the main lab with me now.”
goofy

LabRat smile (not sure how Stuart will feel about that one...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was hilarious! rotflol And I got another cameo! blush All the references to stuff that's been mentioned on the boards was inspired! laugh

Dr. Klein nodded. &#8220;Yeah, it's the darndest thing. She actually seems to function better and more intelligently with the cider than with water, so I let her have the cider.&#8221; He shrugged and headed back towards the front of the lab.
and

&#8220;All right, Wendy. They found out that you were the true mastermind behind ABC and Warner Brothers. That you were the one that was responsible for canceling the show that they're obsessed with. And they figured out that you did it all so that they would have to rely on reading your fanfic to get their fix of LnC.&#8221;
and

&#8220;You're real last name isn't Richards&#8230;it's Luthor. You're Lex Luthor's sister!&#8221;
had me in stitches! rotflol

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard