Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Okay, I've never done anything like this before, but everyone seemed to be having so much fun that I thought I'd give it a try.

I do acknowledge that both Wendy and Kaethel did fulfill their part of the conditions I set forth for temporarily setting aside my retirement, and I have. (Though Kae's was particularly evil and maybe we should demand another one?).

Even though Wendy and Kae have come through, all the other fic that have been posted have been great fun also. I know that everyone would love to see more of these, so if anyone has a notion to try one of these challenges for themselves, feel free. It's fun, it easy, and it can be evil.

Tank the Unretired (who thinks this could become another entire category and maybe it could rival TOGoM rewrites for the most numerous... wouldn't that be cool?)

Merriwether
Merriwether
Very clever, very funny, and VERY, VERY EVIL!!!

Clark tried to cover his grin and shrugged apologetically. "Well, now that you mention it... you do look a lot like your father."
rotflol rotflol rotflol

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Columnist
Columnist
LOL!

Tank, you're just as evil as Kaethel!

Love the last line!

Irene
who is very glad that Tank is no longer retired....

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Heh heh heh, very funny. I started grinning when Lois's fake name was "Wendy", then when her roommate was "Kay", I was really cracking up. (Not sure Kaethel will like the description of her namesake, though. wink )

Oh, and I loved the title, too. Reminds me of that beer commericial on TV right now. <g>

And I appreciate the effort you made to "fill in the gap" of the other stories -- Lois has had her hair cut unintentionally in these challenge responses, and also for personal reasons, so now we finally get one where she does it for professional reasons.

Kathy

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A haircut and an aplot? Wow. laugh Both were thoroughly enjoyable. goofy

rotflol

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was... cute and evil. But what else would you expect from Tank? I loved the use of the names 'Wendy' and 'Kay'. And I'm glad your no longer retired, Tank. If it means we get more stories like this for a long time to come... So bring them on!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Columnist
Columnist
Wonderful! smile1 under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Merriwether
Merriwether
*snicker* Interesting way for Lois to get her hair cut! Now I know who the evil one is. wink Poor Lois, having to deal with a hair cut like that!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
jawdrop (seem to be using him a lot today!)

That was truly evil! wink I felt so sorry for poor Lois - she really didn't like her haircut!

Loriel (who feels that this haircut was just a little too short! laugh )

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ROFL!!! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Loriel Eris:
<strong> rotflol rotflol rotflol
That wasn't an evil fic, but I seem to have a more twisted sense of humor sometimes.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Tank,

This was great! Haircut, bad guys, everything we could ask for...except maybe some smoochies? goofy

I love it how you're the one always pushing Lois to get a haircut and your response to the challenge is to give her a bad one! LOL!

Wendy said,
You said that the haircut had to be a positive experience for Lois, and somehow I doubt that she feels this one was... <g>
Actually, Wendy, he said
The haircut experience can either be a positive or a negative one, but it has to be a significant element in the plotline. We, the gentle reader, need to experience the action and the consequences. We need to share in Lois' thought processes before, during, and after.
(from here ) So I'd say he followed the guidelines perfectly, if not a bit ironically. wink

And I agree with Tank, let's get this challenge to compete with TOGOM fics. :p

Bethy (who still has yet to come up with her own haircut idea...)

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
<G>

/me hands Lois and can of flowers: "Renounce all your earthly possesions and go forth and be annoying, my child."

(hopeI'mnotoffendinganyoneinanairport)

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Top Banana
Top Banana
I got yelled at on irc to hurry and read this (I intended to check this new effort of yours after I was done working -- finally under *un*retired status, Tank)... and now I see why. laugh

I began to read, unsuspecting, almost as if I'd forgotten it was a Tank-story and therefore bound to be evil

When I saw Lois's fake name was Wendy, I did start to worry. And then... *Kay*????? A *flower child*? With not one logical brain cell in her head? Oooh, Tank! I'm going to have to write about a pregnant and long-haired Jimmy just to get back at you for that! evil

Brilliant story anyway! But evil all the same!

Kaethel [Linked Image]

ps: Kathy and Wendy suggested I write about a long-haired and pregnant Lois marrying Jimmy instead... what do you think, Tank? wink

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Hooray, Tank is unretired. This story was appropriately evil. I ROTFLMAO at the thought of Lois with a monk's haircut!

LOL, Kaethel, I think Tank deserves a long haired, pregnant Jimmy for this!

- Alicia

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tank

ROTFL!! This is great. goofy

Tricia cool

Features Writer
Features Writer
Well done Tank
funny and evil
and I'm glad you are not retired
merry

T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
First I'd like to thank all the gentle readers who bothered to read this little exercise since it was unlike any story I've ever done before.

I appreciated the comments of those who found some humor in the story. There was supposed to be some lightheartedness along with the more serious side.

But, I have to admit that I'm appalled by all the people who said this was evil. EVIL? How could it be evil? It's the story of a wife who loves her husband so much that she's willing to make a great sacrifice to prevent the exposure of his big secret.

Kathy was right in saying that this haircut for Lois was professionally motivated since it involved a story. But it was also personally motivated since it was a result of Lois trying to protect Clark, as Wendy pointed out.

So you see, it wasn't evil at all. It was the story of great love and devotion of a woman for her man. The fact that Lois wound up looking like her father was just a coincidence. wink

BTW: Bethy, I'd think it would be easy for you to come up with a haircut story since you went through the big change yourself a while back. Just exaggerate and expand on your own experiences. We're still waiting for those before and after pictures (which will just prove my point once again).

Thanks to all.

Tank (who wonders when he'll be eligible for retirement again)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank (who wonders when he'll be eligible for retirement again)
Never! evil

Kaethel wildguy

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Columnist
Columnist
Kaethel, I vote for a pregnant Jimmy story - I just bet that it would be hilarious laugh

Tank, the only reason I think you are evil in regards to this story is that you gave Lois a tonsure. Loved everything else about the story, honestly!

Melisma (melting back under her Rock, since it's the beginning of the Korean summer)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard