Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks for reading! Only one more part to go. laugh

Comments, questions, and criticisms can go here. smile

~Anna

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Anna, I'm sorry if I had you worried about my confusion! Irene's explanation made perfect sense to me. I was trying to be logical, but irrationality makes things soooo much easier. goofy This is actually a long standing pet-peeve of mine; there are too many times in the show when LnC are rescued not by their own intelligence, but by the villains' stupidity. (Out of film? Back of the camera opened? Sound familiar?) So Lois trying to think of some chink in Denzler's armor, and finding none, was great.

I've never heard of methohexital. Could you enlighten this poor ignorant rabbit? Fast working, apparently, but also not for very long, if Lois is already conscious when Juliana gets shoved into the car with her.

Poor Clark, forced to delay a super-rescue because Earl drags him into a taxi! I suppose you'll make Tank happy by making them too late to rescue anyone - or at least Juliana, although Lois will somehow have to cut her hair to get free - thereby teaching Clark never to make friends with anyone, since it puts either his secret or his ability to rescue others at risk.

...Or not. At least, I hope so. goofy

Looking forward to MORE, soon!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Anna,

Wow, Denzler really is insane! Oh no, Earl is making Clark go in the cab with him - so he can't be Superman! I hope Denzler does something stupid so Lois can figure out a way to get away or that Clark gets there in time!

- Alicia

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oooh! How sneaky! Posting while I'm gone, how could you! wink

I like this part, but I believe I've already told you so. I still want those smoochies. I'm sure you could have added them in this part <g>

But Wednesday???? Oh no! I want to see part 9 sooner <eg>

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Columnist
Columnist
What I'm wondering is if Clark will give up his secret in order to save Lois and Juliana. I'm looking forward to reading the ending.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
yay, earl figured it out! woo-hoo! go earl!

and earl's given away his "secret identity" for the emergency. was a tad surprised that clark didn't do the same, but i guess it's deeply engrained.

good job with the kidnapping, and i guess it makes sense that he'd need a smaller gun to keep hidden for this sort of thing.

i'm impressed with his dexterity in keeping the gun on her with one hand and injecting her with the other.

i hadn't heard of methohexital, either, but a quick web search turned up this page, which had the following explanations:

Methohexital is a short-acting barbiturate, used extensively for deep sedation and as an adjunctive pre-medication for anesthesia. Its use in conscious sedation remains somewhat limited1-5. Its generally short time to onset (typically 10 minutes with rectal administration) 3,6,7 and typically short duration of effect (30 to 75 minutes)1,6 are attractive features.
Methohexital demonstrates a rapid onset of sedative action due to a rapid but short-lived distribution phase that includes the CNS. Following intravenous (IV) doses, sedation can occur within 2-5 seconds and full effects are manifest within 30 seconds. A rapid equilibration to other tissues explains its short effects (15-30 minutes following modest IV doses). Duration of effect, as well as extent of sedation increases with increasing dose.17 Intravenous doses of 1 mg/kg may produce sedation that lasts only 10-15 minutes, while IV doses of 4-5 mg/kg produce deep sedation that may persist for up to 60 minutes. For conscious sedation lower IV doses (e.g. 1 mg/kg, maximum 50 mg) with titration (e.g. 0.5 to 1 mg/kg every 5 minutes) may be a safer strategy to avoid deep sedation, and avoid respiratory depression.
sounds like a good choice.

i, too, like the fact that denzler is being so careful. also found his introspection about GG to be very funny. yeah, all sorts of crazies out there, denzler. why, you wouldn't have to look any further than your own bathroom mirror...

well done, anna. looking forward to the final part, and that nick of time rescue...

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Yeah, what Hazel said.

Tank (who thanks Hazel for her comments post so he didn't have to actually think of one)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. help Denzel is nuts.

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Features Writer
Features Writer
Anna,
good segment
wonder how Clark will save Lois and Juliana without giving away his secret
more
merry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Anna

A great part! grumble

I can't wait to see what happens next. Will Clark reveal his secret to Earl? dizzy

Tricia cool

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, the tension fairly crackled off the screen with this segment, Anna!

Clark attempted to convince himself not to panic. They were headed to the mall. They were in a public place. Everything would be fine.

Everything would not be fine. There was a crazy man out there ready to kill Juliana the first chance he got, and if Lois was with Juliana, fate would find some way to put Lois in the middle of the predicament. It always did.
I loved this little bit of awareness of reality. wink

The methohexital worked brilliantly. goofy

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fabulous! I just now found my way over to this TOC, and I'm hooked.
Clark searched for an excuse, but his mind drew a blank. The love of his life, the only thing he cared about in this world was in mortal danger, and he couldn’t come up with a decent excuse. He’d finally run out.
*snort* He really should come up with these in advance, 'specially since his wife practically has a target painted on her.

Can't wait to see how Lois gets out of this one.

Jen smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
BanAnna Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks for all of your insightful comments on this part.
Fabulous! I just now found my way over to this TOC, and I'm hooked.
Glad to know that you like it, Jen. And it's good to know that the TOC is going it's job. wink
I had to laugh at Lois' frustration that this particular baddie doesn't have the decency to be inept enough to be caught.
i, too, like the fact that denzler is being so careful.
And well done - a villain who isn't dumb.
This is also a pet peeve of mine, so even though I didn't really think conciously about how I could make him an intellegent villain, I did do it on purpose (does that make sense?). I'm really glad that people picked up on that and liked it. smile
I've never heard of methohexital. Could you enlighten this poor ignorant rabbit?
i hadn't heard of methohexital, either, but a quick web search turned up this page, which had the following explanations:
The methohexital worked brilliantly.
I hadn't heard of methohexital either, but the ever helpful geniuses of #loisclark helped me brainstorm for something that would be fast acting, but not long lasting. An extra special kudos and a big THANKS goes to our resident Doc, Jill, for her help on that detail, and thanks also to Paul for providing great explainations. laugh
Poor Clark, forced to delay a super-rescue because Earl drags him into a taxi!
Oh no, Earl is making Clark go in the cab with him - so he can't be Superman!
I can just imagine his frustration at having to go in the cab with Earl.
Yes, poor, poor Clark. Despite my tries, the muse just wouldn't let him swoop off and save her right then. huh
What I'm wondering is if Clark will give up his secret in order to save Lois and Juliana.
was a tad surprised that clark didn't do the same, but i guess it's deeply engrained.
wonder how Clark will save Lois and Juliana without giving away his secret
I can't wait to see what happens next. Will Clark reveal his secret to Earl?
I'll just let you read the final part to see how this plays out. smile
I hope Denzler does something stupid so Lois can figure out a way to get away or that Clark gets there in time!
I'm looking forward to reading the ending.
looking forward to the final part, and that nick of time rescue...
More soon, please.
Can't wait to see how Lois gets out of this one.
I hope that what I've come up with for the ending will satisfy you. Let me know what you think about how I've wrapped everything up (or if I haven't). I'm off to post the final part...

~Anna

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard