Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10109 01/29/04 01:42 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
How do you do it Nan?

A great start to what is already a very interesting story..and we get Bill!! clap

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#10110 01/29/04 02:15 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great Nan, but now they are going to have to tell Henderson.

In actuality, Henderson had a good deal of respect for Lois and she for him, but wild horses wouldn't have dragged the admission out of either of them. They had maintained their relationship for years, and it showed no sign of changing. Henderson liked it that way; he enjoyed their exchanges and suspected that she did as well; he wouldn't have known what to do if Lane were to drop her caustic attitude.
That's so much in character for them laugh !!!

Ingra

Clark: What is that?
Lois: It's my word.
Clark: There is no such word.
Lois: Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore, he's chumpy.
Clark: Try again.
Lois: Are you challenging me?
Clark: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am.
#10111 01/29/04 02:52 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
It should prove interesting when Henderson begins to manifest his powers that he'll remember that he was standing by Lois and CLARK (not Superman) when the lightning struck.

Will he make the connection? Hmmmmmmm?

Tank (who figures that Nan should post both this and Hottest Team in Town)

#10112 01/29/04 03:40 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, more Nan stories! smile This one's off to a smashing start, too.

Y'know, the actor who played Henderson in first season should be proud -- he's defined the role so well that his character shows up all the time.

Anyway, it's interesting to watch Lois interact with Superman through a third party's eyes. And I wonder, will Henderson realize what's happened before or after the return of UltraWoman? <g>

Write more, post more. Supercop, HTiT, whatever smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#10113 01/29/04 05:51 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
definitely an interesting start, nan. i like the style, and i like the fact that we're apparantly following henderson.

i'm a bit confused about this planter thing, though. you said it was concrete, right? concrete is not exactly known for its high conductivity. so, will the powers really be transferred? and just where did that lightning come from? was there some person or force somehow guiding it, or did it just happen to strike a concrete planter despite the nearby presence of a much taller building (quite possibly with a lightning rod)?

well, whatever the case with those little details, i'm definitely interested to see what happens next.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#10114 01/30/04 12:15 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a fantastic premise, Nan! goofy I adore Bill Henderson, always have, so I can't wait to see what you do with a superpowered Henderson. I've always liked the way you write Henderson anyway. And, yes, I can see Clark having to tell him once they work out what's happened.

/me sits back to enjoy this one. laugh

Just one minor nitpick: while I liked seeing Lois compliment Bill on his performance on the witness stand, if she's a witness herself she couldn't have been there. She'd have been kept out of the courtroom until it was her turn to give evidence.

More soon, I hope!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#10115 01/30/04 02:38 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Oops, you're right, Wendy. I'd forgotten that. Never mind, it's a minor point that I'll fix later.

Paul, it's a legitimate question about the planter, but I have an answer for you. Just have patience until the next part.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#10116 01/30/04 04:17 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I knew what you were going to do to Bill as soon as I read his name. That was the easy part. How to get all the players in the right place at the right time was a stroke of genius! smile1

I am hoping that Ultra Woman is involved in this one too.

Bill is such a great character and you use him so well.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#10117 01/30/04 04:44 AM
Kerth
Kerth
OOOh!! More, Nan!! hyper

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#10118 01/30/04 08:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Interesting start. thumbsup

It figured, he thought, keeping his face straight with difficulty. Someone had just tried to kill her, and Lois Lane was more concerned about her ruined clothing.
They don't want Lois to give her testimony. eek

More soon, please

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#10119 01/30/04 06:31 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nan

A great start! clap

I can't wait to see where this is headed.

Tricia cool

#10120 01/31/04 04:07 AM
N
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
N
So intriguing! Please post more quickly! smile

#10121 01/31/04 11:00 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oooooohhhhhh,

What a setup, what a setup, I think I see where this is going.. but I can't wait to see what you give us next! smile1

(waiting impatiently,)

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
#10122 01/31/04 01:15 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Nan,
wonderful beginning
ditto others
more
merry

#10123 01/31/04 09:44 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A stand-alone Nan fic! Thank you thank you thank you thank you! I'm so far behind in my reading that's it's a pleasure to actually be able to read a story of yours when it hits the mbs! goofy

This looks like a wonderfully funny premise and I'm really looking forward to where you plan to take this. Great characterization all round! Using Bill (everyone loves Bill laugh ) as an outside POV for LnC interaction is inspired. I loved his stunned reaction to the mellowing of Mad Dog Lane and his amusement at the way Lois was more irritated by her ruined clothing than an attempted assassination.

One little detail:

"I hope it makes some difference in the temperature," Superman said. "I just transported a woman with heat exhaustion to the hospital. She'd been sitting in traffic for an hour."

"Yeah, I heard you," Henderson said.

Superman's lips quirked, but he didn't comment.
Surely this was forty-five minutes after that sonic boom, if not more? The word "just" doesn't seem appropriate here.

Sooo, when will our cop turn super? How will this impact on his very sensibly considered tribute to Supes? How will he react at the realization that CK=S?

Looking forward to MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
#10124 02/01/04 01:19 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Nan,

When I spotted that you had a new story, I had to come and have a peek, tho, I should probably have waited til there was more of it! wink

It's not often that we see a Henderson story, so I can't wait to see what you've got planned, especially since it doesn't seem like there's a bad guy involved. (Watch this, I'm going to be so wrong! wink )

I loved this line -

The Army should have taught him that good deeds never went unpunished.
Ok, as the chapter progresses, I can see more and more info about the Quigley case, I'm guessing this'll be the Bad Guy I thought was going to be absent...

I love how the relationship is portrayed between Lois and Henderson.

In actuality, Henderson had a good deal of respect for Lois and she for him, but wild horses wouldn't have dragged the admission out of either of them.
This next bit had me laughing! laugh

She was passionate about what she did and her writing showed it. Not that he would ever admit that he knew that, either. Or that he even read her articles.
The reporter that came to the courtroom with Lois...

Even from across the room, he could have sworn he saw the tension drain from the young man's shoulders.
You *have* to feel sorry for the poor guy. I can only imagine what Lois put him through, or, what he's imaginging Lois will do to him if he messes up! laugh

I loved Henderson's reaction when Lois admited that Clark was right!

Then this bit

then lightning hit the planter
It could only happen to Lois Lane!

However, I have my suspicions about what's going to happen next! wink I can't wait to see if I'm right. I hope your muse decides to be nice to us and spends it's time equaly between this and Hottest Team In Town. laugh

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard