Next Thread
Print Thread
#100247 04/24/14 04:36 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is Here.

FDK goes here. smile

I wanted to answer the challenge, but the rules mentioned "Slap-Stick" and I just couldn't find a way to work much in. The story probably needs a prequel for that, but I just don't have the time or energy lately. frown

Still, I gave it a shot, and I hope it amuses. ^_^

~•~
#100248 04/24/14 05:53 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Pictures?

Pictures?

Good golly, why didn't they just sell tickets?

Clark must have felt like he'd fallen into a Twilight Zone episode. Cat and Lois and Jimmy all calling him Superman? Jimmy telling him not to worry about being naked? Lois complaining about him wearing both women out the night before? Holy sonic boom, Batman!

Ah. A drug bust. K-laced hallucinogenic. Non-powered Clark trying to fly. Embarrassment in front of his boss. Wondering if Perry knows more than he's quite admitting.

Just the usual stuff of a front-page scoop.

You know, editing the church newsletter was never this interesting.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#100249 04/24/14 07:54 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Great job, Queen! I love the implied slap stick qualities of Clark being a whacked out druggy, needing his three friends to control him. Although, with his reaction I'm wondering if this was more a candidate for the Super Bizarro Extra Credit Kryptonite Challenge . Clearly, he must have been exposed to more than one variety of the stuff. laugh

He certainly couldn't tell what in the world went on from his friends descriptions. The question is how in the world did he get home from the Doze Motel? Did Jimmy, Cat, and Lois take him home BEFORE getting him the well needed shower after his dumpster dive or AFTER? He isn't going to be called "Smallville" around the office after that.

From Perry's scene, yeah, it has me guessing. Does Perry know the truth? Or like the others, did the Chief just think Clark didn't want his naked picture on the front cover of the DP?

notworthy Once again, your story leaves us wanting more (in a good way). That and a nice ache in our side from the belly laugh.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#100250 04/25/14 12:15 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Amuses? Good grief, Clark's panic was contagious! dance for Lois and Cat bonding over trying to keep Clark out of trouble.

I also have an image of Inspector Henderson showing up to arrest the dealers, and catching a whiff of all this insanity! laugh

#100251 04/25/14 04:21 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
The panic was extremely well done. I kept waiting for the joke (this was suppose to be for the comedy challenge).

Really nice punchline though...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

#100252 04/25/14 06:25 PM
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved it clap clap clap

Great job!
Laura smile

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
#100253 04/25/14 08:40 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Poor confused, panicked Clark. :p It was a fun read. smile

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, everyone! smile

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Although, with his reaction I'm wondering if this was more a candidate for the Super Bizarro Extra Credit Kryptonite Challenge .

Holy cow, I completely forgot all about--I mean, Yes. That was my actual intention all along and anything that contradicts that fact is a typo. ^_^

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 04/27/14 06:30 PM.

~•~
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
You've piqued my interest. Now I want to read what happened the previous night. How in the world did Clark end up taking the drug? Was he under cover and thought that it wouldn't affect him? And why was he naked? Did he take off his clothes, thinking that he had his Superman suit underneath, then jump out the window?

The upside is that it's very unlikely that anyone will think he's actually Superman after this.

The downside is that Lois is much less likely to believe him when he actually does try to tell her. In fact, I'd like to see that.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard