Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#100245 04/23/14 07:17 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Yes, you heard right. It's the week of the wedding.

Comments go here.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wait, I can't be the first to comment since the 23rd! Must have been some replies lost in the transfer or something!

At first, I was afraid Jack was going to see Clark flying with Lois or something! It's getting very frustrating how he keeps hanging back, though. I mean, yeah, I get that he's nervous, but why didn't he speak up once he realized the woman with Clark was Lois? I would think he'd be more comfortable with her than him anyway. sad

Lois must be really desperate to avoid Lex during the daytime to still be working at LNN. Talk about hitting her head against a wall! Though the director, Robertson, is an interesting character. Clearly he has a little integrity in there. How did he ever get so far working at LNN?

*pssst* You call him Robinson in the first paragraph and then switch to Robertson for the rest.

Interesting angle with Lexel and money laundering. I'd never thought of that one before, but it certainly would explain why Lex had the paper so well insured despite his plans to destroy it.

Speaking of money laundering, I wonder if the new washer in Lois's apartment has a setting for cash. HA!!!

If Clark had to make love to her himself to stop her from willingly marrying Luthor to save the Daily Planet, it was a sacrifice he was prepared to make.

Some things were worse than death.
[Linked Image]

LOIS: What a way to go!

Martha had seemed to enjoy far too much helping him muck up these second hand clothes he used for farming.
From the description, I agree, Martha had WAY WAY WAY too much fun with those clothes. UGH. It's probably a good thing he didn't run into Bobby, because I agree with Clark, the reaction would not have been pretty.

I'm guessing the two guys, Pete and John, are the ones that helped frame Jimmy for the bombing? Let's hope Superman gets to that grocery store and catches them, giving them a little incentive to squeal.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Colleen: Hi, Colleen! wave Thanks for dropping by.

Wait, I can't be the first to comment since the 23rd! Must have been some replies lost in the transfer or something!
Unfortunately (or fortunately, in Darth Michael's case, since the upgrade ate many of his previous posts), nobody else has had time this week to comment on my little story. That's okay. I'm sure there are still people out there reading, besides you. wink With the board shut down, the auctions, Easter, etc., people have been busy.

At first, I was afraid Jack was going to see Clark flying with Lois or something!
He did. That's what the hot pink blur was; not Superman's cape, but Lois's dress. Only Jack didn't realize what he saw.

It's getting very frustrating how he keeps hanging back, though. I mean, yeah, I get that he's nervous, but why didn't he speak up once he realized the woman with Clark was Lois? I would think he'd be more comfortable with her than him anyway. sad
By the time he realized who "Minnie" was they turned the corner and it was too late.

Lois must be really desperate to avoid Lex during the daytime to still be working at LNN. Talk about hitting her head against a wall! Though the director, Robertson, is an interesting character. Clearly he has a little integrity in there. How did he ever get so far working at LNN?
I figure that LNN had to go on after Lex committed suicide in canon, so maybe there were *some* decent people there. But everyone wanted to shut poor Robertson into a box, just because he had the misfortune of doing well at LNN.

*pssst* You call him Robinson in the first paragraph and then switch to Robertson for the rest.
blush Ooops. Thanks. Fixed. I'm still working on my new OneNote file of all the characters I've created for this epic.

Interesting angle with Lexel and money laundering. I'd never thought of that one before, but it certainly would explain why Lex had the paper so well insured despite his plans to destroy it.
When you start watching an episode over and over and over again to catch the exact dialogue, you pick up things and mull them over again as you've never have before. Since they haven't learned about Lex's... er... the Boss's protection racket, yet, they need to figure out things in a different way.

Speaking of money laundering, I wonder if the new washer in Lois's apartment has a setting for cash. HA!!!
Oh, that's bad. lol

If Clark had to make love to her himself to stop her from willingly marrying Luthor to save the Daily Planet, it was a sacrifice he was prepared to make.

[Colleen falls over laughing]

LOIS: What a way to go!
blush My betas and I debated this line as I wasn't sure if it was too much. One of them loved the dark humor of it, the other thought Clark would rather Lois married to Lex over her death and would never even consider this option. If Lois didn't die when Clark expected her to, boy, wouldn't that be a surprise. evil

LOIS: grumble What do you mean, 'I didn't die'?

From the description, I agree, Martha had WAY WAY WAY too much fun with those clothes. UGH. It's probably a good thing he didn't run into Bobby, because I agree with Clark, the reaction would not have been pretty.
In canon, she always seems to get obsessed with stuff and because she doesn't have any real outlet except farming, I figured she'd enjoy this experiment in faking hobo clothing.

I'm guessing the two guys, Pete and John, are the ones that helped frame Jimmy for the bombing? Let's hope Superman gets to that grocery store and catches them, giving them a little incentive to squeal.
Yes, Pete and John Black are the two guys who framed Jack in canon.

Thanks for taking time to comment. jump

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M

shock Clark would kill her with sex to prevent her from marrying Luthor? That's .... not right. Why would Clark contemplate murdering her? Wouldn't he just run away with her like he was thinking before?

I like how you addressed the insurance issue. It never made sense to me why he would insure the business with his own insurance company. That's just moving money from one pocket to another, and he would still have the loss of the building. It doesn't net him anything.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mrs. Mxyzptlk: Thanks for popping in to [Linked Image] me.

Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
shock Clark would kill her with sex to prevent her from marrying Luthor? That's .... not right. Why would Clark contemplate murdering her? Wouldn't he just run away with her like he was thinking before?
Too much, huh? peep So, you think he should just kidnap her and take her to a deserted island, instead of let her marry Luthor if she decided to in order to resurrect the Daily Planet?

I figure this is more of a fleeting thought and that when push came to shove, he couldn't actually go through with.

LOIS: Of course he wouldn't. You've met Clark, right? He's Mr. Wishy-Washy.

CLARK: [Linked Image] I knew deep in my heart that you'd never choose Luthor over running away with me.

I like how you addressed the insurance issue. It never made sense to me why he would insure the business with his own insurance company. That's just moving money from one pocket to another, and he would still have the loss of the building. It doesn't net him anything.
Thanks. It hadn't made sense to me either.

Thanks for your comments.

VirginiaR.
---
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Too much, huh? peep So, you think he should just kidnap her and take her to a deserted island, instead of let her marry Luthor if she decided to in order to resurrect the Daily Planet?

I figure this is more of a fleeting thought and that when push came to shove, he couldn't actually go through with.

I know that Clark can be creepy and stalker-ish even on a good day, but contemplating cold-blooded murder is way out of character. I would expect that it wouldn't even occur to Clark to kill Lois to keep her away from Luthor.

Taking her to a deserted island, even against her will, is a much better solution and seems much more like the sort of impulsive thing he would do. Then he would have time to convince her that marrying Lex is a terrible idea (and not to press charges for kidnapping her). But his previous thought was that Lois wouldn't go through with the wedding no matter what. I had interpreted that to mean that Clark knew that she wouldn't ever be willing to go through with it. Only in retrospect did it seem like Clark meant that she would never marry him because he would go to any lengths to prevent it, no matter what she wanted.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
I know that Clark can be creepy and stalker-ish even on a good day, but contemplating cold-blooded murder is way out of character. I would expect that it wouldn't even occur to Clark to kill Lois to keep her away from Luthor.
So.... he meant figurative making love? wink As he wouldn't do it literally?

LOIS: Say, what?

Taking her to a deserted island, even against her will, is a much better solution and seems much more like the sort of impulsive thing he would do. Then he would have time to convince her that marrying Lex is a terrible idea (and not to press charges for kidnapping her).
That's always a possibility, but I think that MLT has already used that plot.

But his previous thought was that Lois wouldn't go through with the wedding no matter what. I had interpreted that to mean that Clark knew that she wouldn't ever be willing to go through with it. Only in retrospect did it seem like Clark meant that she would never marry him because he would go to any lengths to prevent it, no matter what she wanted.
Yes, that's more what he (I) meant. A option of last resort, which he doubted he would ever need to use.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm sure there are still people out there reading, besides you. wink With the board shut down, the auctions, Easter, etc., people have been busy.
/nods/ Very busy with auction and reporting board issues. Will see what tomorrow brings. Plus, Thursday is a holiday over here, so...

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, now for the catching up part… Or is it catching up on parts?
Since Mrs. Cox had pulled the plug on the Daily Planet, Kent and his buddies had been keeping some strange hours.
Working as male-order prostitutes?

It was getting closer to Lois’s wedding date with Luthor and, though Jack hated to admit he cared, nobody deserved that fate. Honestly, Jack was amazed that she had survived this long.
She’s better in the sack than her previous boyfriends gave her credit for?

Jack might never have been so lucky, but he recognized a man spruced up for his chances with the ladies when he saw one.
Pizza delivery? And he hoped to score with the recipient since Clark had told him to give Lois his best?

Jack might only be a street kid, but he was smart enough to connect dots.
[Linked Image]

He didn’t see anything other than a momentary and strange deep pink streak in the sky,
So, red cape and blue…suit?

What Jack must have thought was fuchsia had probably been the man’s red cape.
But him holding Lois is quite fun, too.
CLARK: So much fun!

In the papers and on TV, sure, but seeing him live right in front of Jack would make him seem all the more real. He still couldn’t believe that such a man existed.
Oooh! Is this reason why small children are taken to the mall to visit Santa?

Jack hadn’t even known Clark had been at home this whole time.
[Linked Image] He has to keep his dalliances quiet. Lois owns a watch and knows how to use it.

The woman was practically hanging off Kent’s arm. After shutting the door behind them, Kent wrapped his other arm around the woman’s waist and lifted her off the ground to press a less than innocent kiss on her lips.
jawdrop What did he do to his skank of the ball back there? And will she be alive come the morrow?

Why was Kent kissing this other woman? Oh, God! What had that drowned spider really meant? Had she broken up with him?
No, it meant that she knew he had caught 8 women in his web.

The dark haired woman placed her fingers over his mouth, cutting off whatever he had been about to say. “Lola is my sister,” she corrected, stepping out of his embrace.

“No. Wanda is Lola’s blonde sister and still hidden away up in my apartment,” Kent said.
rotflol
JACK: What a *stud*!

Jack didn’t think his jaw could fall open any further. Two women? Kent had two women at the same time in his apartment?
I just realized something! He’s a Mormon adhering to the traditional practices! Either that, or he’s a Kryptonian Lord, having purchased several concubines.
LOLA: mad *Purchased*?

“Don’t forget that underneath all this, I’m still a Mad Dog,” the woman growled, grabbing his arm between her fingers. “Maybe now I’m a Doberman Pinscher, too.”
rotflol Drunk on love. And some cheap booze Ralph left over at the wedding?

“Lead…”

A cat chose that moment to jump out of the planter, scaring Jack half to death.
Poor guy, good thing he’s wearing leaded underwear.

“Then we fly away into the sunset, never to be heard from again, until we do have the goods on him,” Minnie replied, setting her hands on his chest.

Or maybe Kent is just really, really smart.
He’s very experienced with the volatile sex?

“I thought so,” she replied with a giggle, and Jack realized from where he recognized her voice.

They turned the corner and disappeared from Jack’s sight. He knew Bobby was never wrong.
laugh

He nodded, looked around, and then waved Lois into an empty alcove. “Not anymore. Apparently, the disk has been disinfected.”
So, LNN got good AV software?

You said that you’d take care of it,”
Apparently, he did.

She had begun to respect him after she inadvertently on-purpose overheard him arguing on the telephone with someone above his pay-grade how LNN’s news coverage of Superman was biased and more a joke than a reflection of reality.
ROBERTSON: I have not worked Mondays to Thursday all the way till lunch to have you turn LNN into a joke! If you want to sully Superman’s reputation, do it in a clever way. A way that doesn’t look like we’re reprinting the Pravda!

“You have a wedding to prepare for, Ms. Lane,” Robertson reminded her. “Don’t forget you’re still on city hall duty until the end of the day, and then you’re on hiatus until you return from your honeymoon.”
Or goes on maternity leave. Whichever comes first.

The worst thing to bring to an interview was low self-esteem.
What about a wanted-poster when interviewing for a place at the police academy?
ZED: wave

That was if he factored out the time lost waking up in a cold sweat from Lois and Lex nightmares.
Hmm…I think he’s not really understood the concept of a ‘wet dream’, has he?

it was only a matter of time before Superman’s reputation was restored and the real villain was exposed.
Prof. Daitch?
LOIS: Close enough, so long as it gets my snugglebums out of the spotlight.

“It would be a great way to cover up money coming in which wasn’t legally supposed to be there.”
So, lots of businesses are ‘buying insurance’ and then they just go away again. But of course, Lex still needs to drain the funds back out of the insurance business?

“You mean, like cooking the books?”
No wonder Lois hasn’t found a thing.
LOIS: mad Is that a cooking joke?

where did this money come from?”
Business ‘buying insurance’…

“Yeah,” Clark admitted. “If we don’t find enough to put Luthor down for good…”
They could have Clark put Lex down Kryptonian style.

Did that mean that he shouldn’t put together everything necessary for that contingency, the life on the road with Lois, including a suitcase full of her clothes taken from their laundry dates?
laugh
LOIS: Now, where did all my fancy underwear go…

Absolutely not! It was already waiting for their hasty arrival next to his duffle in the Kents’ guest bedroom.
Awww…look! He’s gotten a poor man’s Creepy Bunker Apartment™ set up!

That was Luthor, though. Why do something for less when one could make a big huge unnecessary gesture?
Maybe he doesn’t want to know? Or, maybe, he already put up cameras, figured out just what a skank he’s about to get into, and then had the indoor equipment set up so the marriage would still go through since that’s the only way Betsy is going to allow him to have some fun with his soon be dearly departed soon to be new wife?

“We have him, don’t we?” Jimbo asked, glancing between them.
For breaking and entering Lois’s apartment?

“Unfortunately not, Jim,” Perry replied. “All Luthor has to say was that he was working on plans to rebuild the paper, but was only postponing it until after he returned from his honeymoon.”
Well, even if he said he just decided to pocket the money, all they’d have him for would be him being a scuzzball.

“I’m sure… she wouldn’t, CK,” Jimbo sputtered. “Not even to…”
Well…if you look at the history books, a lot of women have said ‘yes’ to scuzzballs for quite less money.
RALPH: One just said ‘yes’ to me for a nifty 50 bucks the other night!

“She won’t,” Clark answered definitively. He wouldn’t let her martyr herself in that manner.
Wouldn’t she need to die during the process to achieve martyrdom?
LOIS: Hello! Not going to want to live after Lex, so…
CLARK: cat

Aww…Clark!
CLARK: What? At least she’d go out happy!

Martha had seemed to enjoy far too much helping him muck up these second hand clothes he used for farming. A part of him thought he had the odor of the country more than the city though.
clap Funny thing. Did you watch the NCIS episode with Tony as a hobo two weeks ago?

Of course, it could have been the piglet he caught the other day. She didn’t seem to like flying very much.
Good thing Lois got a stronger bladder?
CLARK: It’s why I always carry Ralph or other crooks away from my body.

He decided, then and there, never to get on Martha Kent’s bad side.
Sheep shifting:

Clark would make sure that the Superman Foundation supplied Bobby and the Fifth Street Mission well with good staples.
Truffles, caviar, quail eggs, and Champagne?

Even those out on the streets occasionally deserved a meal as well as this.
SEWER LEX: I shall venture to eat at the Fifths more often.

Normally, he didn’t like using tips picked up by his eavesdropping, but it wouldn’t be fair if that grocery store owner got hurt because Superman had turned a blind eye to good information just because of how he got it, either.
That’s how he justifies that he almost *didn’t* help? What is he, a cop worried about due process and lawfully obtained evidence?
[Linked Image]

The boss thinks it’s the best way to teach Chen his lesson,
Since Clark thought ‘The Boss’ was a name a couple of paragraphs up, wouldn’t it be capitalized here, too?

“My hair isn’t spiking the way it should, man.
So, this is like a time traveling douche robbing the gunshop were he first asked to try out the gun being sold.

I look like some country douche bag.”
And he wants to look like a city douche bag instead?
SUPERMAN: Hey! I wear hair gel.
BATMAN: Case and point.

“Yeah, well, you’re my brother, so if I’m a douche bag, so are you,” Pete retorted.
I thought that was a paternal trait?
DOUCHE BAG #1: And you think our mother didn’t do *two* douche bags in a row?

Without the spikes, I can’t strike fear into our customers.”
[Linked Image]

“Hey, that’s not fair, John. Chen will open up to persuasion,” Pete said, stabbing the bench with his pocketknife. “Chicks are different, man.
So, Douche #1 is saying that he’s not into putting pointy objects into chicks, only dudes?

Clark was close enough now that he caught the older boy’s attention.

“Come on, Pete,” John said, nudging his brother’s shoulder with a nod back towards Clark. “Let’s go get ready for tonight.”
Huh, why do I have the feeling that they’re talking about roughing up, and in case of Douche #1, then having carnal knowledge of that buff homeless dude that’s following them. And have they not watched *any* TV show, where the crazed serial killers often go after their lowlife victims dressed as homeless dudes?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: hyper FDK! dance

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
I'm sure there are still people out there reading, besides you. wink With the board shut down, the auctions, Easter, etc., people have been busy.
/nods/ Very busy with auction and reporting board issues. Will see what tomorrow brings. Plus, Thursday is a holiday over here, so...
My... it sure took a long time to get to Thursday. (I'm hoping that you were distracted by writing your story and Betaing Sue's story. If not, just cross your fingers and lie by saying you were. I'll believe you.)

Two Weeks Later...

So, now for the catching up part… Or is it catching up on parts?
Plural. I see the 10 Quote limit has also gone out the window.

JIMBO: Um... Okay. Female clients only, please.

She’s better in the sack than her previous boyfriends gave her credit for?
That's the rumor. Sadly, the only one who might know the truth recalls the event as total fantasy.

LOIS: Well, that proves I'm better, doesn't it?

Pizza delivery? And he hoped to score with the recipient since Clark had told him to give Lois his best?
Nope. Since this is still the night of Cat's wedding, Lois is working her... cough... kinks out at the gym.

ER: /dot to dot Octopus/
clap

So, red cape and blue…suit?
Lois in a hot pink dress, being carried by a man in blue suit and red cape. /also, if the blue and red blurred/blended wouldn't it make purple/

JACK: Ultra Woman! hyper

But him holding Lois is quite fun, too.
CLARK: So much fun!
So much so, he might not let her go.

Oooh! Is this reason why small children are taken to the mall to visit Santa?
My experience shows that it's a good way to scare them into behaving, because Santa is SCARY (due to all the power he holds).

He has to keep his dalliances quiet. Lois owns a watch and knows how to use it.
Um... she left the watch at her dojo.

What did he do to his skank of the ball back there? And will she be alive come the morrow?
He brought her back to his place to shower and change into a different disguise. No time for more.

CLARK: Phew.
LOIS: mecry

No, it meant that she knew he had caught 8 women in his web.
Well, let's see. There's Lois, Lola, Minnie, Wanda, Cat, Lucy, Toni and Toni?

JACK: What a *stud*!
Yep.
CLARK: How do these rumors get started?

I just realized something! He’s a Mormon adhering to the traditional practices! Either that, or he’s a Kryptonian Lord, having purchased several concubines.
LOLA: /mad/ *Purchased*?
CHING: Exactly. They were given to his lordship for free.
LEX: I like this society. Mrs. Cox, draft a memo!

Drunk on love. And some cheap booze Ralph left over at the wedding?
More the former than the latter. If Cat didn't invite anyone from work except Clark, it's doubtful that Ralph got an invite.

He’s very experienced with the volatile sex?
He's still learning.

So, LNN got good AV software?
It was outsourced to LexLabs computer division. They do.

Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by Part 169
Apparently, he did.
That's not what she meant.

ROBERTSON: I have not worked Mondays to Thursday all the way till lunch to have you turn LNN into a joke! If you want to sully Superman’s reputation, do it in a clever way. A way that doesn’t look like we’re reprinting the Pravda!
There must be something to LNN if it survived Lex's downfall.

Or goes on maternity leave. Whichever comes first.
LOIS: I'm not pregnant!
LEX: Give me time.
CLARK: So, not happening.

That was if he factored out the time lost waking up in a cold sweat from Lois and Lex nightmares.
Hmm…I think he’s not really understood the concept of a ‘wet dream’, has he?
He doesn't really find Lois and Lex together exciting in that way.

Prof. Daitch?
Um... the person who created the virus.

So, lots of businesses are ‘buying insurance’ and then they just go away again. But of course, Lex still needs to drain the funds back out of the insurance business?
Hence when companies go "boom".

“You mean, like cooking the books?”
No wonder Lois hasn’t found a thing.
clap And a good one!

where did this money come from?”
Business ‘buying insurance’…
I believe the implication was that Lexel Insurance was paying out more to LexCorp/Lex Luthor than it was receiving in.

SUPERMAN: Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock?

LOIS: Now, where did all my fancy underwear go…
CLARK: Underwear? [Linked Image] I knew I forgot something.

Awww…look! He’s gotten a poor man’s Creepy Bunker Apartment™ set up!
CLARK: Nope. Just a short visit to Kansas before hitting the open road.

LOIS: AIR. He meant 'air', right? This isn't going to be a road trip is it?

Maybe he doesn’t want to know? Or, maybe, he already put up cameras, figured out just what a skank he’s about to get into, and then had the indoor equipment set up so the marriage would still go through since that’s the only way Betsy is going to allow him to have some fun with his soon be dearly departed soon to be new wife?
Maybe. cool

For breaking and entering Lois’s apartment?
HENDERSON: That's about it.

Well, even if he said he just decided to pocket the money, all they’d have him for would be him being a scuzzball.
Being that the money was to rebuild the DP, wouldn't that count as insurance fraud?

Well…if you look at the history books, a lot of women have said ‘yes’ to scuzzballs for quite less money.
RALPH: One just said ‘yes’ to me for a nifty 50 bucks the other night!
HOOKER: And regretted it.

Wouldn’t she need to die during the process to achieve martyrdom?
LOIS: Hello! Not going to want to live after Lex, so…
CLARK: /cat/
Some people say surviving torture is worse than dying.

Aww…Clark!
LOIS: 30 Seconds! That's all I...? thud

Funny thing. Did you watch the NCIS episode with Tony as a hobo two weeks ago?
Unfortunately, not. I don't get live TV anymore. I'm about 5 years behind on my NCIS. sad

Good thing Lois got a stronger bladder?
CLARK: It’s why I always carry Ralph or other crooks away from my body.
Superman has NEVER carried Ralph.

Truffles, caviar, quail eggs, and Champagne?
SUPERMAN's FOUNDATION, not Lex's. Milk, eggs, flour, meat, etc.

SEWER LEX: I shall venture to eat at the Fifths more often.
By that time, doesn't Bobby have a paying gig again?

That’s how he justifies that he almost *didn’t* help? What is he, a cop worried about due process and lawfully obtained evidence?
BATMAN: /can't believe his bat-ears/
clap Touche!

The boss thinks it’s the best way to teach Chen his lesson,
Since Clark thought ‘The Boss’ was a name a couple of paragraphs up, wouldn’t it be capitalized here, too?
Possibly. It could also be that until he has prove that their boss is THE Boss, he keeps it lowercase in his mind?

So, this is like a time traveling douche robbing the gunshop were he first asked to try out the gun being sold.
Not that smart. He just wants to swipe some hair gel at the same time.

And he wants to look like a city douche bag instead?
SUPERMAN: Hey! I wear hair gel.
BATMAN: Case and point.
lol

I thought that was a paternal trait?
DOUCHE BAG #1: And you think our mother didn’t do *two* douche bags in a row?
Let's just assume the Black brothers have the same father.

Without the spikes, I can’t strike fear into our customers.”
ER: /suggests Darth Maul a good example/
PETE BLACK: See!

So, Douche #1 is saying that he’s not into putting pointy objects into chicks, only dudes?
Different circumstances. Different pointy objects.

Huh, why do I have the feeling that they’re talking about roughing up, and in case of Douche #1, then having carnal knowledge of that buff homeless dude that’s following them. And have they not watched *any* TV show, where the crazed serial killers often go after their lowlife victims dressed as homeless dudes?
CLARK: Now, that would be just plain stupid in this case.

Thanks for the funny FDK!

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/13/14 01:21 AM. Reason: Fixed Typo

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

If not, just cross your fingers and lie by saying you were. I'll believe you.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Quote:
Clients who represent themselves as ‘female’?

That's the rumor. Sadly, the only one who might know the truth recalls the event as total fantasy.

LOIS: Well, that proves I'm better, doesn't it?
So, she’s fantastic?

My experience shows that it's a good way to scare them into behaving, because Santa is SCARY (due to all the power he holds).
rotflol

e brought her back to his place to shower and change into a different disguise. No time for more.

CLARK: Phew.
LOIS: <wants to die. Desperately>
laugh

Well, let's see. There's Lois, Lola, Minnie, Wanda, Cat, Lucy, Toni and Toni?
I guess those work?

Who knows… [Linked Image]

LOLA: /mad/ *Purchased*?
CHING: Exactly. They were given to his lordship for free.
clap

Originally Posted By: Michael
Originally Posted By: Part 169
Apparently, he did.
That's not what she meant.
huh What one gets for being ambiguous with mobsters who have joined an A/V club?

Hmm… is that an excessive comma there or did Clark simply state that since Lex won’t be getting more time, it’s not happening? Works nicely, either way.

Quote:
Prof. Daitch?
Um... the person who created the virus.
yeah, but in lieu of that, wouldn’t any stooge do?
LEX: That’s why I had Superman framed.

clap And a good one!
Thank you smile

Quote:
SUPERMAN: Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock?
LORD NOR :rolleyes:

LOIS: AIR. He meant 'air', right? This isn't going to be a road trip is it?
So, not interested in spending days on the highway and cheesy motels with Clark, while he points out the interesting bits about the land they’re traveling through?
CLARK: And this is the Shonash Ravine…
LOIS: Clayton Ravine…

Quote:
Being that the money was to rebuild the DP, wouldn't that count as insurance fraud?
No, I don’t think so. Insurance money is usually not earmarked.

Quote:
Aww…Clark!
LOIS: 30 Seconds! That's all I...?
rotflol

By that time, doesn't Bobby have a paying gig again?
Could still volunteer, no?

Thanks for the funny FDK!
smile1

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by previous FDK
JIMBO: Um... Why would I want that? dizzy

So, she’s fantastic?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

CLARK: I never had any doubts in that department.

Originally Posted by EW
Who knows… [Linked Image]
clap Oh, so innocent.

What one gets for being ambiguous with mobsters who have joined an A/V club?
LOIS: [Linked Image] There's just no winning, is there?

CLARK: Now, she understands my predicament.

Originally Posted by Previous FDK
Hmm… is that an excessive comma there or did Clark simply state that since Lex won’t be getting more time, it’s not happening? Works nicely, either way.
I, did, mention, about being a, wayward, er, recovering, comma slut, didn't I? It's why I have the best betas out there! sloppy

yeah, but in lieu of that, wouldn’t any stooge do?
LEX: That’s why I had Superman framed.
LOIS: No. I want things to be RIGHT, not just Right for now.

So, not interested in spending days on the highway and cheesy motels with Clark, while he points out the interesting bits about the land they’re traveling through?
CLARK: And this is the Shonash Ravine…
LOIS: Clayton Ravine…
lol We'll just have to wait and see...

Not even for businesses? eek

VirginiaR.
---
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hmm, on the insurance thing, I'm going to venture that it COULD depend on exactly what kind of ownership Lex has over the Daily Planet. I'm assuming he's at least majority shareholder, but it's unlikely he's the sole shareholder, so he would have had to report to other shareholders on the insurance proceeds and, I'm guessing, distribute amongst them after all expenses related to closing out the DP are paid off. So he could have reported on only the smallest of the insurance claims, perhaps even claiming it was all used up paying any bills the DP owed, and then pocketed the rest for himself. THAT would certainly be fraudulent.

But then, I'm not an expert in corporate law, let alone how exactly insurance figures in there. I'm just extrapolating on what I understand about publicly shared companies.

Of course, bombing your own company and taking the insurance is fraud, obviously. But you have to prove culpability in the first place.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

JIMBO: Um... Why would I want that?
Because it’s funnier that way for the audience?

Because the other Clark gave his Lois raving reviews?
CANON CLARK: Dude, you haven’t been with a woman until you’ve been with a Lois Lane! I never had better.

I, did, mention, about being a, wayward, er, recovering, comma slut, didn't I?
[Linked Image]

<Is tickled fancy due to BttF reference> We'll just have to wait and see...
wink

Quote:
Not even for businesses?
I wouldn’t think so.

Of course, bombing your own company and taking the insurance is fraud, obviously. But you have to prove culpability in the first place.
cool

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by ColleenMA
Hmm, on the insurance thing, I'm going to venture that it COULD depend on exactly what kind of ownership Lex has over the Daily Planet. I'm assuming he's at least majority shareholder, but it's unlikely he's the sole shareholder, so he would have had to report to other shareholders on the insurance proceeds and, I'm guessing, distribute amongst them after all expenses related to closing out the DP are paid off. So he could have reported on only the smallest of the insurance claims, perhaps even claiming it was all used up paying any bills the DP owed, and then pocketed the rest for himself. THAT would certainly be fraudulent.

But then, I'm not an expert in corporate law, let alone how exactly insurance figures in there. I'm just extrapolating on what I understand about publicly shared companies.

In this story, the Daily Planet was a privately owned company managed by the Board of Directors (hence why they needed their approval for the sale). It was purchased by Lex under his LexCorp umbrella. I, too, am not knowledgeable in corporate law, let alone, any type of law. I try to let my vagueness fill in the cracks. wink

Last edited by VirginiaR; 06/01/14 03:00 AM. Reason: Added text

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Previously...
JIMBO: Um... Why would I want that?
ER: Because it’s funnier that way for the audience?
JIMBO: Again, why would *I* want that?

ER: Because the other Clark gave his Lois raving reviews?
CANON CLARK: Dude, you haven’t been with a woman until you’ve been with a Lois Lane! I never had better.
clap

CLARK: How could I say no to THAT?

ER: No, I don’t think so. Insurance money is usually not earmarked.
EW: Not even for businesses?
ER: I wouldn’t think so.
That would be like having your house burn down, getting money from your homeowners insurance, and blowing it all on a trip to Paris.

LEX: So? Paris is beautiful in the springtime.

EW: It's so... so... Wrong?!

LEX /aside to the reader/: She doesn't understand me, does she?

EW /aside to the readers/: grovel Please don't answer that!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Nobody told him that he’s just the comedic relieve?
PERRY: Hey, don’t look at me. It’s not Season Two yet!

CLARK: How could I say no to THAT?
He got no idea that Canon Clark isn’t talking from a wealth of experience, does he?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

That would be like having your house burn down, getting money from your homeowners insurance, and blowing it all on a trip to Paris.
Yeah, you could do that. But it might be financially unwise and legally questionable due to the security fraud laws. Now, if you where to happen to suffer catastrophic fire damage due to the weather…

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by EW
Nobody told him that he’s just the comedic relieve?
PERRY: Hey, don’t look at me. It’s not Season Two yet!
S1 JIMMY: dance

Yeah, you could do that. But it might be financially unwise and legally questionable due to the security fraud laws. Now, if you where to happen to suffer catastrophic fire damage due to the weather…
Then you deserve a vacation?

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard