OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I find it funny that Herb thinks of Andres as the troublemaker as Herb has caused as many, if not more, problems by his own interference in the Prime timeline.

clap Love the M*A*S*H reference. Hilarious. He would have to use a younger version of Andres though. wink

It seems that perhaps the freight train, which blocked the Sheriff from making it on time to the Kent farm was due to Herb's meddling with the earlier one to give Lois the memories necessary to fall for Clark and thus knocking the trains in general off schedule.

I'm glad to hear that Tempus isn't around in all dimensions as he's quite a troublemaker.

BTW, in current time, they have an instant boiling water faucet available for tea, as my mother has one at her house and has for some time. Perhaps Herb should invest in one of those heat-pads for mugs to keep his tea from going cold while he thinks.

I still find it interesting that Lois was angry at Herb for messing with her mind, but not from changing the timeline so Clark didn't get shot or exposed to Kryptonite at all. I also wonder if those memories included some of Herb visiting the other Lois and Clark couple, which would explain her someone laid back attitude to him.

Why is allowable for Herb to tell them some things about their future after-the-fact, (that they'll have children, etc.) but not warn them that it is Trask causing all the trouble in Smallville so that Clark could be forewarned and take precautions? He could have easily brushed aside the dream about the baby as a just a dream without revealing so much of the truth.

In regards to auras and sharing them, because Lois and Clark were work partners for 2-3 years prior to marriage in Prime, did that mean that their aura sharing happened more quickly than, say, this couple's would, since they've only been partners for a few months? Or do they have to be all-the-way intimate for the bond to start?

Most of the time, tt was important for the TTEMPO agents to interact with the subjects they were studying as little as possible and still complete their mission.
I believe you wanted "it" here instead.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I find it funny that Herb thinks of Andres as the troublemaker as Herb has caused as many, if not more, problems by his own interference in the Prime timeline.

clap Love the M*A*S*H reference. Hilarious. He would have to use a younger version of Andres though. wink
I always liked William Christopher.

It seems that perhaps the freight train, which blocked the Sheriff from making it on time to the Kent farm was due to Herb's meddling with the earlier one to give Lois the memories necessary to fall for Clark and thus knocking the trains in general off schedule.
That is not what happened. As Rachel said, this was the regular run.

I'm glad to hear that Tempus isn't around in all dimensions as he's quite a troublemaker.

BTW, in current time, they have an instant boiling water faucet available for tea, as my mother has one at her house and has for some time. Perhaps Herb should invest in one of those heat-pads for mugs to keep his tea from going cold while he thinks.
Actually, he was thinking of the convenience of the tea bags. The tea bag started out as a silk or cloth pouch, but that wasn’t until about 1903. The paper tea bag didn’t really come on the scene until around 1944, shortly before Herb passed. In his time they steeped loose leaves.

I still find it interesting that Lois was angry at Herb for messing with her mind, but not from changing the timeline so Clark didn't get shot or exposed to Kryptonite at all. I also wonder if those memories included some of Herb visiting the other Lois and Clark couple, which would explain her someone laid back attitude to him.
Herb’s object was to disrupt the time line as little as possible. His only overt actions were – sabotaging Trask’s agents car, freeing Lois and providing her with transportation and her phone and releasing the Kents.

Why is allowable for Herb to tell them some things about their future after-the-fact, (that they'll have children, etc.) but not warn them that it is Trask causing all the trouble in Smallville so that Clark could be forewarned and take precautions? He could have easily brushed aside the dream about the baby as a just a dream without revealing so much of the truth.
Actually, he didn’t mean to. It was a mistake on his part that the memories he implanted were of a later period than intended. He would have preferred to not tell them, however, once the cat was out of the bag, it was hard to put it back in.

In regards to auras and sharing them, because Lois and Clark were work partners for 2-3 years prior to marriage in Prime, did that mean that their aura sharing happened more quickly than, say, this couple's would, since they've only been partners for a few months? Or do they have to be all-the-way intimate for the bond to start?
Normal, everyday interactions are not sufficient. It is the prolonged exposure, sleeping together on a consistent basis and of course intimacy that causes the change to the physiology.

Most of the time, [b]tt was important for the TTEMPO agents to interact with the subjects they were studying as little as possible and still complete their mission. [/b]
I believe you wanted "it" here instead.
Corrected

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Herb shuddered slightly when he saw Andrus, but was somewhat comforted when he saw what he was wearing. TTEMPO agents, when going on survey missions had started dressing in period costume so as not to give away their presence so easily. In more technologically advanced ages they could get away with their normal clothing, but in more antiquated cultures they would stick out like the proverbial sore thumb.
Oh dear, Andrus is being sent back into the past? Shouldn't he be on probation after his fiasco with Tempus?

Once the lights were on, he shrugged out of his coat and removing his derby hung both on the coat rack just inside the door then he moved to his desk. As he was crossing the floor to his desk he removed his tie, opened his collar by removing the collar-button and heaved a relieved sigh, thinking, <I really ought to update my wardrobe. These hard starched collars can be very irritating. Oh, well, I guess it's all in what you are used to.> For the most part his office had been decorated in modern furniture and equipment, but it was made in such a way as to resemble what he was used to back in the early twentieth century. The first thing he did was go to the sideboard and prepare a cup of tea and then he carried it over to his desk. He set the teacup on the corner of his desk and then smiled as he heard that familiar squeak as he sat in his chair and then simply sat there in thought for a time with his fingers steepled. He was planning his report on this incident.
Home sweet home!

"Working, file accessed."
Star Trek! clap

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good ending. After reading the FDK, though, I think I'm missing some pop culture references here.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Just finished reading this entire story over on lcfanfic. Wow, I really enjoyed the differences from the original episode. The "battle" between 'tush-push' and Lois was very enjoyable to read.

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Terry,

Thanks for the FDK!

It wasn't really brought out, specifically, in the episode, but by watching it over and over and reading the script it beacme very obvious that there was a LOT not said about the relationship between Rachel and Clark. Since the point of the challenge was to get Lois and Clark together it only seemed reasonible that there would be a conflict between Lois and Rachel since they were both after the same guy.

I'm glad you liked my little story.

Pheromone My Lovely - Matchmaker Style is a followup to that story.

Last edited by KenJ; 06/25/14 03:56 PM.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard