Thanks everyone who left comments!!

Annie:

A scientific Christmas story! Very creative (and enjoyable)!
Thanks! I'll admit, after the bio-babbling imp in my head got her hands on this story, I was a little worried!

VirginiaR:

You kept Dr. Klein perfectly in characters. Loved his reaction to the gift!
Thanks! Actually, the gift (and Dr. Klein's reaction to it) was the initial genesis of the story!

KatherineKent:

LOL. Nerd/geek/science alert.
Yup! goofy

I loved it. You did really great with all the science terms too.
Thanks!

Michael:

It’s Christmastime at Star Labs. But Kris Kringle has left Dr. Bernard Klein a rather strange gift.
A lump of coal, and a heatable pressure chamber?
laugh Spot on with the lump of coal part (at least in Dr. Klein's head)! I think that a good bomb calorimeter might have cost even more than the diamonds, though. Maybe it wasn't in the budget?

Like, what happens when you combine optics, high-energy light amplification through stimulated emission of radiation, and extra-terrestrial crystals of various colors when pointed at non-human sentient species?
LEX: /shakes a wrapped Christmas present excitedly/
Hmm....this sounds familiar <g> Yes, what evil supervillain *doesn't* want a red kryptonite laser? But if Luthor thinks I'm going to share it, he's got another thing coming! rotflol Only a scientist. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">:D Well, we all have our little foibles.

Lynn:

What a fun vignette. I love the voice you used for Bernie.
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Ultra Lucille