My apologies for taking so long to leave my public fdk. smile

I really like the first person in this fic. The despair that Superman is feeling about his situation really comes across perfectly. I like how Lois is literally a balm on his soul. The banter between them is great and fun to read from the SM point of view discussing Clark. Though if I were Lois (haha), and had eventually learned the truth that CK = SM, these are the conversations I would recall and be really upset about - whether it would be anger or embarrassment that I'd be feeling is unclear, but just knowing that I'd confided in Clark about himself would disturb me.

"Are you sure there isn't someone you need to call? Maybe there's someone waiting at home for you?"

A smile tugs at the corner of my mouth - she never stops investigating, no matter the circumstances. "I live alone, Lois."
Hah! And so true about Lois.

Love when Lois speaks freely about Mayson, and it's fun to see Clark's 1st person reactions to her observations.

"Are you telling me that you don't see a problem when an unsophisticated guy from a small town gets deeply involved with a rapacious, fast-talking slut? You can practically hear the tick-tock of her biological clock when she walks in the room. She's obviously bent on seducing Clark so that she can trap him into doing the honorable thing and marrying her after the inevitable happens."
Hilarious

In the silence that follows, I can sense that she's somewhat pleased with my answer. I even start to relax a little, thinking that maybe the subject is going to be dropped. And then she asks, "Does he ever talk about me?"
C'mon, Clark. Rookie mistake. You should know better than to relax in the face of Lois Lane, famous reporter when she's on a story. smile

"Oh my god, you couldn't be more wrong! He can definitely flirt." I hear her swallow, and then her voice turns softer. "He does flirt with some of them. He flirts with Mayson."
Hah!

I'm expecting a denial, but instead she whispers, "I hate it when he smiles at her."
SM is getting some good stuff out of Lois.

Lois saw that? Then again, she did show up pretty soon afterwards. I didn't realize until just now that she actually saw us. I can't help shaking my head. "I think Mayson kissed him, not the other way around."
Busted.

"You don't have to be so relentlessly positive all the time, you know. I promise I won't tell anyone that you had a pessimistic moment."
But then he wouldn't be SM/CK.

"For being you. For being so relentlessly cheerful, no matter what." Her fingers tighten on mine. "Sometimes you remind me of Clark."
To which SM responds, "so then what I'm about to tell you will make some sense..." and Sue has to write several more chapters to tie up the loose ends and get our heroes in bed together. smile

I really enjoyed it, Sue. Nice introspection from Clark's POV, especially relating to what happens next in the story.